PDA

View Full Version : So I finally broke down and bought some Metrx Protein Plus.....

Mic Soloist
04-29-2003, 10:01 PM
The kind with 23 grams of protein and 3 carbs. Actually doesn't taste that bad besides the fact it's thick as hell.

Anyway I have questions....

1. I know I'm supposed to have the shake right after the gym. Is it ok if I wait about 15 minutes right after lifting cuz I gotta drive home???

2. How long should I wait to eat after drinking the shake??

3. How many is to much for a day??? If I had 1 shake with breakfast and one after lifting would that be to much.

4. Is it possible to have to much protein in your diet??? I weight 155 so say I had 200 grams in a day.... to much???

-peace-

Vido
04-29-2003, 10:10 PM
1) It is fine to wait 15 minutes. I take my stuff to the gym and mix it in the change room, as do many on this site, but isn't overly necessary.

2) Probably at least an hour, no more than two.

3) Try to get as much protein from real food as you can, but two shakes a day isn't too many.

4) There "might" be such a thing as too much protein per day, but at 200 g you are far from this "upper limit".

Mic Soloist
04-29-2003, 10:25 PM
thanks

If I go from 230 carbs, 120G protein, and 20G fat to the numbers u reccomended do u think I'll tell a big difference???

I'm gonna try to do

40% Protein

30-40% Fat

20-30% Carbs

This will be a big change.... I hope it shows.

-peace-

Vido
04-29-2003, 10:31 PM
You have to remember that no one changes overnight. Think about how long it took you to get to where you are now. I think you'll like the change, but remember to give it time.

Mic Soloist
04-29-2003, 10:34 PM
Yea I have really make a lot of improvement since I started in January.

Its been a big learning process though. I haven't gained tons but I can look in the mirror and see a BIG difference.

I hope the next 4 months go good.

thanks

-peace-

GhettoSmurf
04-30-2003, 04:35 AM
good luck bro

Ironman8
04-30-2003, 07:07 AM
Mic Soloist, are you adding simple carbs to that post-workout shake? If you aren't, you should.

Anyways, good luck!

Mic Soloist
04-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Mic Soloist, are you adding simple carbs to that post-workout shake? If you aren't, you should.

Anyways, good luck!

what would that include?????

i thought u should wait at least an hour after lifting to eat. Or would something like milk be a simple carb???

bradley
04-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist

what would that include?????

i thought u should wait at least an hour after lifting to eat. Or would something like milk be a simple carb???

After training high GI carbs (for example dextrose and/or maltodextrin) are used to help replinish muscle glycogen. These carbs are utilized very quickly by the body hence the reason they are consumed post workout. I would recommend having the postworkout shake as soon as you get done lifting. No need in waiting an hour after lifting to eat.

I would have a whole food meal about 90 minutes or so after consuming my postworkout shake.