PDA

View Full Version : Need help, I'm new

ltinride
04-30-2003, 11:39 AM
hi all, im new to this board. It seems that everyone here knows what they are doing. so i have a queston. I'm 23 5'7 140lb im currently starting to go to the gym...i did before but i stop for about 2 years (girlfriend):( , now i want to start again, but this time do it right..so my question si the next...i know that nutrition is very important. so what should i be eating on a daily basis, breakfast, lunch, dinner? what should i not eat?. also most of my weight is in my stomach, i got thing arms and legs, so what should i do? i want to get big and get rid of all this fat i have in my stomac. please help out. thanks for the help
:help:

mikey4402
04-30-2003, 01:40 PM
im sure if you do i quick search you could probley find info that will answer your question..........but anyways welcome!!!!

bradley
04-30-2003, 02:05 PM
Some generally accepted dieting principles:

1) 1 gram of protein per lb. of bodyweight, and spread this total over 5-6 meals per day. Approximately 2-3 hours per meal is a good time frame IMO.

2) 25-30% of daily calories should come from fat (Essential fatty
acids making up most of this total)

3) Fill in the rest of daily calories with low glycemic index carbs, except postworkout which would ideally include high glycemic index carbs along with whey protein.

4) Drink plenty of water throughout the day, and one gallon would be good starting point.

Listed below are some good sources of each macronutrient. This is just a small list and is by no means all inclusive.

protein sources: eggs, chicken, lean beef, dairy, fish

low GI carbs: oats, sweet potatoes, beans, brown rice, whole wheat bread, vegetables

fats: nuts, natural peanut butter, oily fish (such as salmon), fish oil, flax oil, olive oil

Here are some old threads that have different foods that other members buy on a weekly basis. Should help give you an idea of what foods to be looking for.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16653&highlight=grocery+list

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26368&highlight=grocery+list

I would recommend using a site like www.fitday.com if you are interested in tracking your cals and macronutrient intake. As far as the amount of calories per day I would increase or decrease cals in small increments each week, and yor goals will determine whether you should increase or decrease (gaining or losing weight).

Ironman8
04-30-2003, 05:56 PM
For post-workout, try to get in some high GI carbs (like dextrose or maltodextrin). Try adding them to a protein shake or something. Your body is more open to carbs after your workout.

ltinride
05-01-2003, 11:00 AM
thanks for all the help:) i apreciate all the help, now I'll start going to the gym a lot more often :strong: and start watching what i eat...thanks once again