PDA

View Full Version : I took in a bunch of carbs midweek on CKD

TiGeR AK
04-30-2003, 04:46 PM
so the next morning (i went out the previous night and had a bunch of beer and carby foods) i went to the gym and ran a couple miles to hopefully burn off some of the glycogen stores.

do you think this midweek "carb up" will hurt me too bad? Is running the next morning a viable way of limiting some of the damage? or has the damage already been done for this week?

bradley
04-30-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by TiGeR AK
so the next morning (i went out the previous night and had a bunch of beer and carby foods) i went to the gym and ran a couple miles to hopefully burn off some of the glycogen stores.

do you think this midweek "carb up" will hurt me too bad? Is running the next morning a viable way of limiting some of the damage? or has the damage already been done for this week?

I wouldn't call it damage maybe just a slip:)

Just get back into ketosis and get back to following the parameters of the diet. The cardio would help you in re-establishing ketosis.

The carbs will not hurt you but they will slow your progress but nothing to really worry about IMO.

Ironman8
04-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Also, think of it as a metabolism boost :)

TiGeR AK
04-30-2003, 07:51 PM
awesome.

Scythian_Blade
04-30-2003, 10:15 PM
A lot of guys over at bbing.com use a weekend 12-24 hr carb load, 30grams dextrose after workouts and one midweek carb up meal with good success. I wouldn't worry too much about it =D

bradley
05-01-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Scythian_Blade
A lot of guys over at bbing.com use a weekend 12-24 hr carb load, 30grams dextrose after workouts and one midweek carb up meal with good success. I wouldn't worry too much about it =D

Sounds like the T-Dawg diet (think thats the name of it).