PDA

View Full Version : Cardio and lifting same day. Overtraining?

lilpenis
05-01-2003, 01:59 PM
Even though I'm not DIRECTLY working the same muscles, can I overtrain this way? I lift every other day, and play tennis for an hour everyday. Tennis is my only source of cardio. Should I not play tennis on my days off to allow my muscles to rest? Is it ok to do both the same day provided my diet is ok?

Praetorian
05-01-2003, 02:39 PM
i dont think that it will affect your training, unless you do it before hitting the iron.

Ironman8
05-01-2003, 06:11 PM
Well, if your cardio and lifting sessions are vigerous, it is definitly overtraining.

captnjosh
05-01-2003, 07:45 PM
It shouldn't be a problem if you're able to eat after training and before tennis.

Saint Patrick
05-01-2003, 09:17 PM
It also depends if you're cutting or bulking. If bulking, make sure you eat in between. If cutting, I recommend doing cardio immediately after your lifting then finish it off with a protein shake.

Abzolut800
05-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Yeah, you won't be overtraining unless you have no food in you (like starving). Keep well rested too. Do you think pro football players overtrain all the time? Sure they have optimal genetics but still, they get by. It's good to keep up intense cardio while lifting at the same time. I feel more in shape and overall better conditioned during rugby season.