PDA

View Full Version : Hemp vs. Flax

AJ_11
05-01-2003, 06:22 PM
I am debating on which one to choose. I know that flax is better in the o-3 profile, but if feel like I am starting to get o-6 deprived.

I read the pro's for each and that is why I am asking, cause both have different benefits.

Btw, I am still going to be using fish oil supplements as well but need a change once in a while.

WestyHeadbanger
05-01-2003, 08:35 PM
depends on what you are going to use the rope for.

Scott S
05-01-2003, 09:00 PM
Hemp will definitely help you to eat more. You're bulking, right? ;)

- Scott

carolinagirl
05-01-2003, 09:40 PM
I can't imagine that you're low on o-6's. They are EXTREMELY common in just about everything you eat. Almost all dietary fat that you consume are o-6 fats. Even flax oil has plenty of o-6's.

bradley
05-02-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
I can't imagine that you're low on o-6's. They are EXTREMELY common in just about everything you eat. Almost all dietary fat that you consume are o-6 fats. Even flax oil has plenty of o-6's.

I agree, unless you are eating a virtually fat free diet except for the oil in your diet. If you are deriving almost all of the fat from supplemental sources like oil, then you might need to supplement with something like hemp oil, but otherwise I wouldn't think so.

Flax oil is pretty much all omega 3's with little omega 6's. The link below has the ratios of a bunch of different types of oils that I though you and Cgirl would find useful:)http://www.curezone.com/foods/fatspercent.asp

AJ_11
05-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl

Actaully sometimes that is exactly the case. And I do eat alot of fish and also supplement with fish oils. Put olive oil on salads, even made my own mayonaisse with olive oil:p . Now I know that I am getting 0-6, but I have really cut down on o-6 compared to most diets.

Actually I was reading Udo's book and he highly recommends it. It is actually recommended over flax. That is why I am asking. Also I have flax meal, for when I need the extra fibre and such. Like I will use flax and fish as well, but I wouldn't be surprised is I have switched to a o-6 deficient compared to 0-3.

Relentless
05-02-2003, 12:18 PM
hempseed oil TASTES better IMHO

LAM
05-04-2003, 10:38 PM
ditto...