PDA

View Full Version : Refeeds on the day of a test?

Wu36
05-01-2003, 09:01 PM
If i were to refeed on the day i took a test(sat in this case) should i eat a more "normal" breakfast to prevent fatigue or any other nasty side effects of carbs?

I doubt that it could affect my scores, but i'd like to know anyway. Any feedback is appreciated.

carolinagirl
05-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Depends on how carbs affect you personally.

I get really sleepy and sluggish and out of it, so I wouldn't start my refeed before a test.

But some people get really energetic and focused from carb intake.

Scythian_Blade
05-01-2003, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't start a refeed b/f an exam either. I would just bump kcals enough to avoid any problems associated with 'severe' calorie restriction. It depends on what kind of diet you are on too. On a low carb diet, I would defn advise against it unless you know it makes you more alert.

bradley
05-02-2003, 02:59 AM
I agree, I would just hold off and have the refeed after the test. You wouldn' want to be sitting there taking your test feeling bloated and lethargic because of the high intake of carbs.

Just take the test, do well on it, and then on the way home pick up a box of your favorite refeed food and chow down. Kind of like a reward:)

Ironman8
05-02-2003, 07:04 AM
Heh. Also, try not to have any high GI carb foods for breakfast. Don't want to have an insuline spike while taking the test :)

Wu36
05-02-2003, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the replies.
Carbs usually make me feel sluggish so I guess i'll just make up for lost time when I get home :D

smalls
05-02-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
Depends on how carbs affect you personally.

Agreed, and since you said they make you sluggish you may want to not hit the carbs too hard.

I personally do very well on high carbs and make sure to get them in before tests.

Wu36
05-04-2003, 05:14 PM
Well, in the end I went with the extra half hour of sleep and went on a empty stomach.
Didn't seem to make a difference.

Berserker
05-04-2003, 05:28 PM
I am not doing doing CKD. But this week I had a job interview. I delibrately ate a little of everything.

LAM
05-04-2003, 10:49 PM
IMO...not having enough glucose prior to the test is just as bad. I would at least consume some low GI carbs the meal prior to the exam