PDA

View Full Version : cardio and cutting

buff151
05-01-2003, 11:31 PM
I have a question that is debated all the time, and I'm given different answers to a lot. Right now I'm around 5'9", weigh 175, and am pretty muscular and strong. I can get up 350 on bench, ect. so I'm experienced. But, I want to lower my bf% more. Right now I'm at 11% (I can see abs), but I want to go down to around 8-10%. I'm naturally pretty lean, had natural abs, ect. It was very difficult for me to gain the weight that i did (I used to weigh 145, benched 250lbs 2 years ago). My metabolism was fairly high, so I had to eat like a motha to gain. I do 15 minutes of cardio, every other day. If I upped my cardio training sessions, would I have to increase my protein intake, or pre-cardio workout caloric intake? I've had some people tell me that it is over exaggerated (muscle loss discussion), and I've had others tell me it is very easy to lose muscle. Need some responses on this, thnx. Oh, and creatine. I never have tried it...:( I have always gone with the mainly natural approach to gaining with diet and hard work, but now i want to see what i can do on it. I just want to know what it does, and when to take it. Thnx a lot.

tjwes
05-02-2003, 05:19 AM
Up your protein to 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight ,increase cardio to 5 days a week 30 minutes,zig zag carb days (3low-2 high-repeat)Create a calorie deficit.Drink at least a gal. of water a day min.

Paul Stagg
05-02-2003, 07:41 AM
There is no need to do that much cardio (you can if you want)

The key is simply creating an energy deficiency via diet or activity.