PeaceBeWithYou
05-02-2003, 12:19 AM
This is what I wanna do:

2-3 days swimming

1 day punching bag

2 days rowing

1-2 days jump rope

2-3 days hit

Obviously, I'd be doing more than one on certain days and then I'd be doing random weights exercises, probably mostly for my arms.

What do y'all think? This is to get leaner for summer and then to build some upper body muscle with the swimming and rowing.

Saint Patrick
05-02-2003, 01:14 AM
Are you talking about machine rowing or an actual boat?

Either way, I don't think those alone will do much to build muscle.

As far as the weights go, I'd say work everything. Maybe do a full body workout once a week at least. Don't become a curl jockey. Work Legs.

I will say that it looks like an awesome cardio routine.

PeaceBeWithYou
05-02-2003, 01:41 AM
Well, if I swim enough, muscle HAS to develop, I mean, people don't only build muscle by lifting weights. I have a pretty developed back and that's from walking home with a backpack since I was a kid. I mean, in essence, it's a weight but ya know what I'm saying. Same with my calves.

I don't mind the full body workouts it's just that they really don't seem to develop any muscle for me. I did 10 weeks and saw no significant improvement whatsoever.

Thanks for the compliment though.

PowerManDL
05-02-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by PeaceBeWithYou
Well, if I swim enough, muscle HAS to develop, I mean, people don't only build muscle by lifting weights. I have a pretty developed back and that's from walking home with a backpack since I was a kid. I mean, in essence, it's a weight but ya know what I'm saying. Same with my calves.

Naw, its pretty much from weights.

If you care to disagree, compare your back and/or calves to mine ;)

Ironman8
05-02-2003, 07:27 AM
Ya, you need to lift to build the upper body by summer.

Paul Stagg
05-02-2003, 07:35 AM
If you are going ot lift, train your entire body, focusing on the big muscles.

Doing stuff 'mostly for your arms' would be a waste of time.

Looks like an awful lot of cardio activity - what exaclty is your goal? I'd certianly include a day or two of weight training - that means squats, presses and rows, not curls.