PDA

View Full Version : Cardio in the morn.? Weights in even.?



Monster Muscle
05-04-2003, 04:41 PM
I just got a tredmill yesterday. So I will now be doing my cardio in the morning when i wake up, eat like a healthy pig after. go to school\work then go to the gym and do my normal routine. I'm a heavy lifter who does all the major exercises. squats, deads, bench. What I need to know is for tredmill..

1) how many times a week use?
2) time ?
3) this is what bodybuilders do? (cardio in the morn.) (weights in evening?)

HahnB
05-04-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Monster Muscle
I just got a tredmill yesterday. So I will now be doing my cardio in the morning when i wake up, eat like a healthy pig after. go to school\work then go to the gym and do my normal routine. I'm a heavy lifter who does all the major exercises. squats, deads, bench. What I need to know is for tredmill..

1) how many times a week use?
2) time ?
3) this is what bodybuilders do? (cardio in the morn.) (weights in evening?)

ARe you trying to lose weight? If your trying to add weight then don't run on a treadmill. If you are trying to lose weight then I would do cardio 3 or more times a week. As for doing it in the morning I'm not really sure what is better. Why not do it after your workout when your heart rate is already up?

captnjosh
05-04-2003, 05:12 PM
I like to do cardio 3 or 4 times a week for about 30 min aech time.
I don't think it matters what time of day you it, so whatever works best for you should be good. As far as cardio making you lose weight, that is not true. Your diet and the amount of energy you expend vs. the amount of food you eat is the main factor in losing or gaining weight.

MrWebb78
05-04-2003, 05:13 PM
dont do cardio on an empty stomach first thing, youll be burning up muscle for energy.

John0101
05-04-2003, 05:26 PM
maybe cardio at night to burn off all those carbs that you didn't during day time if u r trying to lose weight.

HahnB
05-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by captnjosh
I like to do cardio 3 or 4 times a week for about 30 min aech time.
I don't think it matters what time of day you it, so whatever works best for you should be good. As far as cardio making you lose weight, that is not true. Your diet and the amount of energy you expend vs. the amount of food you eat is the main factor in losing or gaining weight.

Obviously, but if you are doing cardio that adds to the amount of energy you are expending.

captnjosh
05-04-2003, 07:19 PM
Of course cardio adds to the amount of energy expended. Losing weight will only occur if the amount of energy expended is greater then the amount of cal's consumed. So cardio can help to burn fat but only with a calorie deficit diet.

Monster Muscle
05-04-2003, 07:25 PM
I read in some bodybuilders (M&F) mag. Journal that they do all their cardio in the morning and do weights in the evening. I just want to get cutter. I want to maintain the same size. WHat is recommended that I do for shedding (BF)? Maybe do it at an incline with relatively fast walking pace OR run?

Ironman8
05-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Well, if you want to lose some fat and get leaner, it all comes down to diet and lifting.

kinetixtrainer
05-04-2003, 08:03 PM
what they are saying is that you have to choose between cutting, bulking, or maintaining. It is extremly hard to gain size and lean out at the same time.

1.) It all comes down to how much bf% you are looking to lose.
2.) How much muscle are you willing to give up for the cuts.

you could try to maintain and add in some cardio either in the mourning or after your evening workout. With this you should start to see some fat loss but again it will come down to caloric intake vs. caloric needs. A good rule of thumb is to multiply your body weight by 16 to figure out how many calories are needed to maintain current body composition.

Monster Muscle
05-04-2003, 08:25 PM
it really pisses me off. everytime i change my diet i always lose a large amount of strength & dont lose any fat. i just lose size. i still look the same, i just get smaller. I only lose weight not fat.

SUGGESTIONS?

kinetixtrainer
05-04-2003, 08:34 PM
what type of diets do you do?

also what are your stats?

Monster Muscle
05-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by kinetixtrainer
what type of diets do you do?

also what are your stats?

low 2 none carbs in the evening, a lot of meat, wheat bread, lots of fiber, 2 shakes or 1 protein shake a day.

6' 1" feet
228 ibs
age 20

kinetixtrainer
05-04-2003, 08:55 PM
If you decide to maintain then you should have a well balanced diet. It is extremly hard to add size and strength while on a low carb diet. If you decide to cut then low carb is very good (but just dont expect to add that much strength if any)

sounds to me like you are a big boy. What are you trying to get down to?

kinetixtrainer
05-04-2003, 08:56 PM
OH by the way, sometimes I wear my white tank tops to work out in.:bash: