PDA

View Full Version : no carb diet??

NO2
05-05-2003, 06:20 PM
well ive been TRYing to cut for about 3 weeks now and damn its not easy..
a guy at the gym said that he lost weight FAST by eating a 0 carb diet.. is it possible???

to me that sounded good
is it a good idea or not??

i cant seem to get rid of this fat:mad:

Ironman8
05-05-2003, 06:59 PM
No ****ing way!!!

GhettoSmurf
05-05-2003, 07:30 PM
yes it is possible to lose fat. the diet is called a "keto diet" or you might hear it as a CKD, TKD, etc.

some people love the results they got from it. but IMO if you think just cutting isnt easy, you might find it VERY hard to pull off a low carb diet.

Ironman8
05-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Ghetto, a keto diet isn't a no carb diet. It's a low carb diet.

GhettoSmurf
05-05-2003, 07:55 PM
sorry, i was assuming he ment 0 carb as in low-carb.

i dont think a 0 carb diet is physically possible? i mean, what would u eat all day? ;)

Ironman8
05-05-2003, 07:58 PM
LOL! A crapload of meat? ;)

greekboy80
05-05-2003, 09:23 PM
yes its possible, and i think that its the best way to cut fat while trying to keep on mass. look up CKD on the searches, theres tons of info.

steveo
05-06-2003, 01:25 AM
IF you plan to preserve as much muscle as you can than it's not a good idea if you just want to lose weight than I would say go ahead. Cutting is not easy it's like puzzle you have to change your diet of your cardio. I would cycle your carbs, but don't cut them out completely. Your muscles need carbs it's their sorce of energy. IMO I'm not a big fan of it.

bradley
05-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by NO2
a guy at the gym said that he lost weight FAST by eating a 0 carb diet.. is it possible???

to me that sounded good

What does your diet look like right now? To lose weight you will have to create a caloric deficit through diet, cardio, or a combination of the two. Granted you have only been trying to cut 3 weeks so you can't expect to lose that much weight in that short of a time period.

You can lose weight following a diet that is low in carbs. I would recommend just following a more balanced diet but if you are interested run a search on CKD or TKD. There is an article on the main page about the CKD (cyclical ketogenic diet) as well. I

Post your diet and training routine along with you height, weight, and bf% and I am sure you will get some good advice.

lilpenis
05-07-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by NO2

to me that sounded good

Welcome to the club. Though I think my problem is the anti-depressive medicine I've been taking (lexapro). I've introduced cardio into my life, as well as cutting back on food intake while continuing to lift. My stomach has gotten bigger. I'm going off this damn lexapro tomorrow morning. (i'm out of it anyway, perfect timing). Plus I think it's making my hair thin

*sigh*