PDA

View Full Version : getting up in the middle of the night for food

bigedge
05-07-2003, 06:42 AM
a guy at the gym told me the other day of how he gets up at 3 in the morning for a meal and i was just wondering is this guy out of his mind or is it common?? how many of you guys climb out of your warm cosey bed in the middle of the night for a bite

GhettoSmurf
05-07-2003, 06:48 AM
i usually have some cottage cheese and natty PB right before i go to bed...

but as for waking up in the middle of the night to eat i dont. i only wake up if i need to use the bathroom.

Ironman8
05-07-2003, 07:11 AM
Ya, alot of hardcore body builders get up in the middle of the night to eat so catabolism won't occur.

As Ghettosmurf, I also eat something high in protein and fat to hold me throughout the night.

steveo
05-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Actually it is pretty common for someone to do that. I use to wake up in the middles of the night and down a MPR, use the bathroom and then go back to sleep.

GhettoSmurf
05-07-2003, 09:39 AM
i guess i mean what by what i said is that, if you wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and want to quickly down an MRP or somthing thats fine IMO. but i dont think i'd go as far as setting my alarm clock for 3am just to grab a snack.

lilpenis
05-07-2003, 01:57 PM
when i get up in the middle of the night (if im not in a drunken haze after urinating) I make my way down the stairs. Into the fridge. And eat some tuna

Tankette
05-07-2003, 05:24 PM
I went through a phase where I would wake up in the middle of the night so hungry that I couldn't go back to sleep until I ate. Even after having a snack before going to bed. I upped my calories even more than I already had throughout the day, and I haven't woken up w/hunger pains ever since...Having said that I'll probably wake up tonight. :)

Ironman8
05-07-2003, 06:05 PM
This may be a useless question, but what time do you guys usually wake up to eat?

GhettoSmurf
05-07-2003, 07:33 PM
in the morning? or during the night? during the night when i wake up its natural(becuase i have to pee) which is usually between 1-2am (i go to bed about 10pm).