PDA

View Full Version : Bulking...or?

Baumer
08-10-2001, 06:59 AM
aghh, after just finishing up a 3 month cutting phase, it's time to put on some weight and get big, while doing some shopping, stopped in at the bar last night and had a piece of choc. chip cookie dough cheesecake and 3 frozen, ice cream, mudslide type drinks! I guess that'll make me big quick, just not in the right places.

Paul Stagg
08-10-2001, 07:50 AM
If I went to bars that sold cheescake, I would never leave.

Although I doubt cheesecake goes well with stout.

Baumer
08-10-2001, 07:59 AM
It was tough to get off that stool! And I usually never eat that kind of stuff, even when I'm not being strict, it must be the craving kicking in from the cutting cycle. Although this is the first year I've done the whole cutting up thing, I've always just watched what I eat for the most part and work out. Beginning this past March is the first time I started with eating 5 meals a day, consuming alot more protein and MRP's. As a matter of fact I didn't work out at all last winter, I went from like Oct. to Feb. without touching a weight.
Do you worry too much about what you eat, and gaining some fat and smoothing out while bulking over the winter?

beercan
08-10-2001, 08:06 AM
I usually eat like that for about 2 weeks after cutting....

It's not the worst idea, it'll help tide your sweet tooth over, and even fill out your muscles nicely...

After 2 weeks or so, go with the standard weekly cheat day....and if you happen to see something you want to eat any other day during the week, do it, lol

Baumer
08-10-2001, 08:11 AM
Thanks, like I said, I'm not new to working out and eating well, but new to this whole cutting / bulking, protein - carb - fat ratio deal. The thing is, I kinda went overboard on the cutting for a while, I was obsessed with the amounts of carbs / fats I was getting and was watching what I ate to the very last gram in condiments! I lost too much weight too fast, and now I'm trying to put it back on, but as lean as possible. I'm about 18-20 pounds lighter then I was 5 months ago, and my bodyfat went down from probably 15 - 18% to about 5-6%.

08-10-2001, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by beercan
I usually eat like that for about 2 weeks after cutting....

It's not the worst idea, it'll help tide your sweet tooth over, and even fill out your muscles nicely...

After 2 weeks or so, go with the standard weekly cheat day....and if you happen to see something you want to eat any other day during the week, do it, lol

lmao. I use the same bulking strategy as beercan.