PDA

View Full Version : Keto diet questions

Khar
05-07-2003, 09:32 PM
I'm in the process of cutting and have been on a cutting cals diet, but am debating on making this a Keto diet...My question basically is, what is a good list of which fruits and vegetables can be eaten on this diet. For example I hears some nightshades are fine while others are bad for this. I would just like a list of foods that I can choose from and ones to stay away from.

bradley
05-08-2003, 02:49 AM
Well as far as fruits you will have to stay away from those because they contain too many carbs when performing a keto diet. You have to kee your carb content at or under approximately 20g per day and most fruits would put you over the limit very quickly.

As far as veggies I would recommend fibrous veggies like lettuce, brocolli, cauliflower, spinach, etc. Basically the green leafy vegetables.

I would just like a list of foods that I can choose from and ones to stay away from.

Basically if the food has more than 1 or 2g of carbs then stay away from it. The site below has a list of some foods:
http://www.c-k-d.com/goodfoods.html

GhettoSmurf
05-08-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by bradley
Well as far as fruits you will have to stay away from those because they contain too many carbs when performing a keto diet. You have to kee your carb content at or under approximately 20g per day and most fruits would put you over the limit very quickly.

As far as veggies I would recommend fibrous veggies like lettuce, brocolli, cauliflower, spinach, etc. Basically the green leafy vegetables.

Basically if the food has more than 1 or 2g of carbs then stay away from it. The site below has a list of some foods:
http://www.c-k-d.com/goodfoods.html :withstupi

i think bradley pretyy much covered it :rolleyes:

Ironman8
05-08-2003, 07:13 AM
Khar, have you been losing weight cutting cals? If you have, you should stick to that instead of switching to CKD. If you hit a plateu, then that would be a good time to switch.

GhettoSmurf
05-08-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Khar, have you been losing weight cutting cals? If you have, you should stick to that instead of switching to CKD. If you hit a plateu, then that would be a good time to switch.

i agree with ironman. if you have been losing weight by just cutting your calories, then i dont think you should change anything. like the saying "if it aint broken, dont fix it."

then maybe once you do stop losing weight for a couple weeks, try switching up the diet a bit.

Brandon7775643
05-08-2003, 11:09 AM
I throw a couple of avocados slices into an omlette every so often. It's got a carb or two a slice, so in moderation you can fit it in.

I also eat quite a few french beans, for varity.

But for the most part, Bradley's list was complete.

raniali
05-08-2003, 11:12 AM
celery!!!

Ironman8
05-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Brandon7775643
I throw a couple of avocados slices into an omlette every so often. It's got a carb or two a slice

Also, avocados have healthy fats in them.