PDA

View Full Version : Cheat day

Victor
05-09-2003, 02:31 AM
Is it true that for someone that starts cutting (or basically being more careful in what he/she eats), they must eat clean for at least 14 days than he/she is able to have a cheat day?

bradley
05-09-2003, 03:42 AM
I would recommend reading the article I posted below and then the sticky at the top of the forum.

http://www.theministryoffitness.com/mof/library/articles/article18.htm

Ironman8
05-09-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Victor
Is it true that for someone that starts cutting (or basically being more careful in what he/she eats), they must eat clean for at least 14 days than he/she is able to have a cheat day?

Well, alot people are different. For example, when I cut, I had a cheatday every weekend and I still got the results I wanted.

GhettoSmurf
05-09-2003, 07:53 AM
it all depends on how strict you want to be. im bulking, and im actually quite strict. Mothers' Day im going to my grandma's where ill be having my first cheat "meaL' in about 3 weeks

bradley
05-09-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
it all depends on how strict you want to be. im bulking, and im actually quite strict. Mothers' Day im going to my grandma's where ill be having my first cheat "meaL' in about 3 weeks

Well a cheat meal/refeed while cutting has metabolic benefits but does nothing of the sort when bulking. Probably does have some psychological benefits though.

Fenbay
05-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Good article, Bradley. Gonna print it out and keep it handy for quick reference.

raniali
05-09-2003, 11:57 AM
- It is thought that fish oil supplementation reduces insulin secretion, so take no fish or fish oil on your refeed day(s).

this is from bradley's article ... can anyone verify this?

if this is true - this is a good news for insulin sensitive peeps!

bradley
05-09-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by raniali
- It is thought that fish oil supplementation reduces insulin secretion, so take no fish or fish oil on your refeed day(s).

this is from bradley's article ... can anyone verify this?

if this is true - this is a good news for insulin sensitive peeps!

http://www.qfac.com/articles/fishoils.html

This is also stated in the above article by Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale.

raniali
05-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Omega-3 fatty acids improve insulin action and glucose metabolism in fat and muscle cells.

this from the second article ... which leads me to believe i SHOULD be using fish oils during a refeed if it improves insulin response.

bradley
05-09-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by raniali
Omega-3 fatty acids improve insulin action and glucose metabolism in fat and muscle cells.

this from the second article ... which leads me to believe i SHOULD be using fish oils during a refeed if it improves insulin response.

From the articles that I have read it doesn't seem that someone who has been using fish oil for the duration of their diet will see much difference by just dropping fish oil intake for a short period of time (during refeed).

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-09-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by bradley

From the articles that I have read it doesn't seem that someone who has been using fish oil for the duration of their diet will see much difference by just dropping fish oil intake for a short period of time (during refeed).

Spot on.

Fish oil's effect on genes is a long term thing.

raniali
05-09-2003, 02:38 PM
one might not see much difference - but if i don't need to take any more pills during a few days, i want to revel and roll in the moment.

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-09-2003, 02:44 PM
I'd still take fish caps on refeed days. In fact, i usually take at least 4g on refeed days.

But if you miss taking them on the day, don't fret.

maverick
05-09-2003, 02:54 PM
If you want a good source of omega-3(if you're not to squeemish), try sardines(according to my family doctor). You never know what you're missing, yum.:D

AJ_11
05-09-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
I'd still take fish caps on refeed days. In fact, i usually take at least 4g on refeed days.

But if you miss taking them on the day, don't fret.

I actually do the same. From what I have read when you are in a overfed state you are getting the full benefits of epa/dha instead of getting used as energy.

AJ_11
05-09-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by maverick
If you want a good source of omega-3(if you're not to squeemish), try sardines(according to my family doctor). You never know what you're missing, yum.:D

Don't get be wrong becasue I love sardines. But IMO they contain too much sodium especially for a refeed. I love em but they only contain 1.2g of omega 3's.

Ironman8
05-09-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by maverick
If you want a good source of omega-3(if you're not to squeemish), try sardines(according to my family doctor).

Also, tuna, salmon, halibut(sp?), white fish, and most fish are good sources of Omega-3s :)

Severed Ties
05-09-2003, 08:57 PM
I include fish oils duing my refeeds as well as CLA.

Victor I wouldn't say one size fits all, I've had diets where I waited 8 weeks to start using cheat days. This time around I started from week one....actually come to think of it I think I had a cheat week before I started dieting...or was it month....oh wait thats right I was "bulking"....yeah thats my excuse....

ST