PDA

View Full Version : The Minotaur

Minotaur
05-09-2003, 08:27 AM
Around March 2003, before starting a ckd.

Height 5'5"
Weight 203 (with workout clothes and boots, probably 195-198 nekkid), goal is ~180-185 nekkid.
Arms 16.5"
Neck 16.5"
Chest 46"
Waist 39" :mad: (goal, 34")
Thigh 26.5"
Forearm 13"
Calf 16"

http://www.imgmag.org/images/minotaur/Image023.jpg

http://www.imgmag.org/images/minotaur/Image025.jpg

Lesnar_Rocks
05-09-2003, 10:01 AM
looking big, maybe it's the lightning or pic quality but you look much bigger than 203

Tryska
05-09-2003, 10:10 AM
your pretty deisel there minotaur...whatever happened the GH? was it?

Minotaur
05-09-2003, 10:49 AM
I should have been little clearer... those stats are right now, after about 6-7 weeks on ckd. At the time of the pics I was probably 210 with workout clothes and boots, so I've dropped 7 lbs in 6-7 weeks. My waist was 40. But my arms, chest, legs have at least stayed the same. I'm looking for some more growth with the routine I'm doing now. I'm wearing a shirt today that I can button the collar... couldn't do that before. Every couple of days someone comments about my losing weight. :)

Tryska, the hGH has definitely kicked in. It's now about 6 months on it. Still a very low dose, but it's helping, along with the testosterone and thyroid replacements. Energy is up, and the fat is coming off, not to mention all the other effects. :) This is one reason I switched handles to 'Minotaur'... half man, half bull.

Tryska
05-09-2003, 10:53 AM
kickass - good to hear! i've had glucphage added into the mix. it's only been a couple weeks, tho.

Ironman8
05-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Looking awesome Minotaur.

GhettoSmurf
05-09-2003, 08:37 PM
looking seriously THICK bro. i'd hate to meet you in a dark ally(sp?) ;)

steveo
05-10-2003, 01:16 AM
You are one tough looking guy. I wish I had your size.

Ryan Da Monk
05-10-2003, 03:00 AM
haha dang, you would do well in a bar fight. jesus you're huge.

Minotaur
05-10-2003, 07:28 AM
:D Thanks guys... my goal is a bit more size too. I'm greedy. :D And I have to mention, I'm completely natural. The testosterone and growth hormone I referred to are just replacement doses for deficiencies I have. The thought of doing a cycle or two has crossed my mind, but since I'm under 2 doctors' care for hormone replacements, they take blood tests every few months.

Black_Curtain
05-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Since you are under doctor supervision why not abuse it and use it for your own needs (or wishes)? I'd definitily abuse this situation.

Looking thick.

Behemoth
05-10-2003, 02:28 PM
lmfao B_C. It's a good thought though...

Saint Patrick
05-10-2003, 09:47 PM
That's what I'd do, just tell them you lost your presciption, refill it, and double up the doseage :D

Minotaur - looking thick man, the name definitely fits.

kook
05-10-2003, 10:35 PM
damn your large.. and your stomach is flat and barely any lovehandles.. 10 lbs bf lost will look pretty damn good..

have you ever wrestled with an oak tree? looks like u might win

ask
05-11-2003, 03:59 AM
MAN, your arms look more like 18 inches or something! Damn, of course it's hard to tell when ain't seen you in person - but still!

Keep it up!

Minotaur
05-11-2003, 05:04 AM
Thanks guys... y'all are too kind (but I like it :D).

I promise that my arms are only 16.5" It's because I'm short that I look bigger. And remember that bodybuilding is all about proportion and even illusion.

Wrestled with an oak tree... that's a good line. :)

Minotaur
03-05-2004, 09:37 AM
I don't think so, since I haven't been here in a while. Well...

I AM BACK!!! :evillaugh

Here goes...

I had sleep apnea. For several years. In addition to the hormonal deficiencies (thyroid, gh and test., which are all now corrected with replacements). I'd fall asleep at my desk, at stop lights, sitting somewhere. I'd wake up gasping, snoring, and stop breathing at night. My ear nose and throat doc sent me for a sleep study. I stopped breathing 93 times in one hour.

I'd drag my sorry ass home after work, and hardly had the energy to work out. I'd lift, but I had no energy for cardio. Between that and not getting enough oxygen, I began packing on weight.

Finally, we scheduled surgery for January 14, 2004. One of the best days of my life.

I had a uppp (or up3).... uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (say that when you're drunk) to remove the uvula (the little punching bag in your throat) and to cut down the soft palate; a tonsillectomy; septoplasty to straighten my deviated septum; and polypectomy to remove some nasal polyps. All this to open my airways so I could breathe.

After the anesthesia and painkillers wore off I felt like the Jackhammer of Satan was pounding in my throat. :eek: It is some of the worst pain you can imagine. For two weeks I was on Vicodin and Tylenol w/codeine, Vioxx and an antibiotic. I was out of work for two weeks, and was pretty much living on warm soup (too hot or too cold hurt like hell), rice pudding, semi-melted ice cream, and warm protein shakes. :drooling:

When I saw the doc after one week, he said I was healing phenomenally fast; faster than he expected. At four weeks he released me and said I was almost completely healed. Must be the gh. ;) I went back to the gym the next week.

It's about seven weeks post op; I am sleeping better, I have more energy (and better color), I don't snore as much and I'm doing cardio again and kicking ass. My strength is not where it was before, but it will come back. It can take 12-18 months to fully recover from being oxygen deprived for so long.

Tryska
03-05-2004, 09:51 AM
glad to see your doing well! who would have thought adequate oxygen would make a difference. :confused:

on a side note I got prescribed armour on monday. without even asking.

Reinier
03-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Looking big. good luck with the cut.

Minotaur
03-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Thanks. :)

It's like an engine running on poor fuel, or not burning it properly. Or even like a fire trying to burn in a closed container. Not oxygen, no combustion. During my first appt. with my ent (ear nose throat) doc, he put the scope in my nose and throat and said "I don't know how you can be breathing, you're a mess in there".

Congrats with the Armour. :) I've been on it for about a year, I guess. Working great.

Tryska
03-05-2004, 10:28 AM
so was all this stuff blocked up because it was swollen? it's essentially sinus tissue, no?

defcon
03-05-2004, 11:56 AM
DUde.. your huge.. no way can you only be 200 lbs, unless your like 5 foot 5 or something.

Minotaur
03-05-2004, 12:38 PM
so was all this stuff blocked up because it was swollen? it's essentially sinus tissue, no?

Yes. I can now breathe through my nose unimpeded during the day and at night. I can guzzle down a glass or bottle of water without holding my breath, as it were, because I can now breathe while I'm drinking. Previously I could only swallow so much liquid because I had to stop to breathe through my mouth.

The problems in my nose stemmed from the nasal polyps and deviated septum which closed off my nasal passages. It also apparently caused inflammation that kept my sinuses from draining. Oh, I also had overgrown turbinates. Those are bony ridges deep inside the nose. They contributed to the blockage. He reduced them in size. My sinuses themselves are uninfected and undiseased, fortunately.

Minotaur
03-05-2004, 12:40 PM
DUde.. your huge.. no way can you only be 200 lbs, unless your like 5 foot 5 or something.

I am 5'5" (or something :D). Really. I'm about 5'5" or 5'6". Currently with gym clothes I'm 212. Looking to get to about 190 and 12% bodyfat. I'm about 20-22% now. Yes, I am a Lard Ass. lol