PDA

View Full Version : Bryan's Keto Log

bryancore
05-09-2003, 05:51 PM
well, i've decided to start this journal. I figure, it will help with keeping to my diet, and the support/advice of others will definitely be beneficial.

Today i walked over to the grocery store with my backpack and picked up a few things from the store.

10 cans of tuna
3 cans of spam
2 (6) packs of Sugar Free Jello
4 Sugar Free Instant Jello Pudding Mixes (Ill make it with water to see if it tastes... atleast... okay..)

9:30am- Woke up and walked to the store
10:15am: Walked bac, eating an Atkin's Advantage bar.
11:00am: 1 oz. of Peanuts
1:10pm: Tuna with some Seasoning
2:30pm: 1 oz. of Peanuts
4:30pm: 3 Eggs, 2 Breakfast Sausage.

Only trace carbs. Its 5:00pm right now, and i plan on drinking water and maybe another serving of peanuts before 6. If not, then im done eating for the day. No training today, I didnt have a ride. :cry:

GhettoSmurf
05-09-2003, 06:08 PM
good luck with the keto bro. ill definately be peeking in, since i think ill try a keto diet when i want to cut.

just make sure you watch the carbs with the peanuts, and dont go crazy w/ them

bryancore
05-09-2003, 07:55 PM
Thanks man, yeah i try not to. Sometimes they are just so good though.. haha

bryancore
05-10-2003, 11:28 AM
Today is my girlfriend's prom, so i might end up cheating.. but atleast for the day time, im going to be eating as clean as possible.

Breakfast- Spam, MulitiVitamin, Vitamin E, and Chromium Pic.
Snack- sugar free Jello and 1 oz of nuts
lunch- Chicken breast and Brocolli
Snack- String Cheese
Dinner. ????

From what i've been told, were going to a place where they serve shakes, fries, and bull**** because all the girls (its a catholic all girl school) were starving themselves. LOOOOSERS. I try to tell my girlfriend how to eat healthy and loose weight, but she doesn't believe me because im still bigger in comparison to her.

okay.... just something i'd like to share and get off my chest... i was at my girlfriend's house last night, and her mom told me i lost weight, and my mom was over too, and she told her what i was doing and they both were telling me that it's not healthy, and that blah blah blah more carbs this, bad for you that... what the hell do they know? I just got a phone call from her mom asking if i have eaten yet. (10:17am) That is ridiculous. They know NOTHING about what i am doing, yet they are so quick to judge. Bastards.

Behemoth
05-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Ignorance is what it is.

How many calories a day you eating bryan? And what do you weigh?

bryancore
05-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Approximately 1700-2000 calories a day, it has taken me forever to get down to that many calories. When i would start cutting down calories, then i'd cheat, and for some reason bump it back up again... but im sticking well.. its gone good today.

Here's how today went so far..

Breakfast- 3 oz of spam, 4 sausage links
Snack- 1 oz of peanuts, Sugar Free Jello
Lunch- Met-Rx Meal Replacement Bar
Snack- Sugar Free Jello

im going to bring a 2 oz. baggie of peanuts to hold me off until the end of prom. Hopefully ill be able to resist the temptations of all those carbs at denny's with a diet soda.

I weighed in yesterday at 159, im 5'10". im so happy about my weight right now, i used to weigh 195 when I wasnt working out, but i still have that little pudge to loose before im ready for summer. :)

Saint Patrick
05-10-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by bryancore
Here's how today went so far..

Breakfast- 3 oz of spam, 4 sausage links
Snack- 1 oz of peanuts, Sugar Free Jello
Lunch- Met-Rx Meal Replacement Bar
Snack- Sugar Free Jello

Dude I hope that's not the entire day, cause that looks like 1000 cals at the most. Are you sure you're getting enough protein?

Do you lift weights?

Good luck w/ the keto, I tried it once and I couldn't handle it, I like carbs too much.

GhettoSmurf
05-10-2003, 07:18 PM
i agree, unless those are some darn big sausages

Ironman8
05-10-2003, 07:30 PM
i was at my girlfriend's house last night, and her mom told me i lost weight, and my mom was over too, and she told her what i was doing and they both were telling me that it's not healthy, and that blah blah blah more carbs this, bad for you that...

Oh man, I know how that is.

GhettoSmurf
05-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8

Oh man, I know how that is.

me 2, i get crap ALL THE TIME from my boss and co-workers @ work. sometimes they realy tick me off

bryancore
05-11-2003, 06:33 PM
No, that was just the beginning of the day.. afterward was prom and all that madness. ill enter more tomorrow

bryancore
05-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Alright.. here is the plan that i just made.. this is what im going to base my eating on....

Cal Carbs

Breakfast- 3 oz Spam 350 0
- 1 oz String Cheese 100 1
- Water
Mid Morning
- Sugar Free Jello 10 1
- 1 oz Peanuts 160 6
Lunch
- 1 oz Peanuts 160 6
-Seasoned Tuna 100 0
- 1 oz String Cheese 100 1

Post Workout
-Zero Carb Protein 200 0
(w/ water)

Mid Afternoon
- Sugar Free Jello 10 1
- 1 oz Peanuts 160 6
Dinner
- Steak or Chicken 350 0
- Salad(?) w/ vinegarette 0 0
(w/o Vegies)
Total 1700 22

GhettoSmurf
05-12-2003, 04:51 AM
how much fat does that come out to? maybe you could consider trying some other healthy EFA's like flaxseed oil, fish oils, etc.

bryancore
05-12-2003, 12:15 PM
Yeah, i cook everything in olive oil, but i think ill add a tea spoon of olive oil to my shake or tuna. thanks for the advice.

bryancore
05-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Alright, here's what i had today

10:00am- 3 oz spam, Sugar Free Jello
280 Calories, 2 Carbs

11:30am- 1 oz string cheese, 1 oz peanuts
260 Calories, 7 Carbs

1:00pm- Seasoned Tuna, 1 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 oz Peanuts
310 Calories, 7 Carbs

3:00pm- Zero Carb Shake, 2 packets of splenda
100 Calories, 2 Carbs

6:15 Chicken Breast, Salad
325 Calories, 4 Carbs

Total: 1275 Calories, 22 Carbs

Gotta Get Cut for the summer.... must... be...ripped.....

GhettoSmurf
05-12-2003, 07:45 PM
1275 calories? are you sure that isnt just a little low?

bryancore
05-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Yeah, im going to eat cottage cheese before i go to bed.

bryancore
05-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Scratch That, I had 1 slice of Salami and 1 Sugar Free Jello Cup.
120 Calories, 1 Carb.

GhettoSmurf
05-13-2003, 04:45 AM
Yeah, im going to eat cottage cheese before i go to bed.

IMO i would stay away from the cottage cheese if you are trying to get into keto. too many cards.

have you gotten ahold of keto sticks or anything to see if you are in keto?

bradley
05-13-2003, 08:43 AM
Just read through the journal. If you are at 159lbs. then I would recommend eating more calories. I say at least 1700 and that is still low. Are you training? What about carb loads?

bryancore
05-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Yeah, im training, and on saturday and sunday i carb load.

bryancore
05-13-2003, 11:42 AM
Yesterday, i forgot to post my training.

Biceps/Triceps
Cable Rope Curls- 3 Sets of 8
Barbell Curls- 3 sets of 8-6
Dips- 3 sets to failure
Cable Pressdowns- 3 Sets of 8
Seated Dumbbell Curls- 3 sets of 8-6
Machine Curls- 3 Sets of 8-6
Overheard Dumbbell Extensions- 4 sets of 8-6

35 minutes of cardio, 20 on an eliptical trainer, and 15 on a Stationary Bike. We just got all new cardio equipment at my gym.. its so nice.. everything runs so smooth, and the tread mills have fans on them. Softcore i tell you, softcore.

Behemoth
05-13-2003, 03:44 PM
1275 + the extra 120 for bed is FAR too low bro. Up that shiat... unless of course, your into extreme catabolism...

bryancore
05-13-2003, 05:30 PM
I hear you guys, so today i upped it. I also went grocery shopping..

9:30am- 4 oz spam, 2 breakfast sausage, sugar free jello
460 calories, 4 carbs
11:30am- 1oz Peanuts, 1 oz string cheese
260 calories, 7 carbs
12:30pm- Chicken Breast, Sugar Free Jello
310 Calories, 1 Carb
3:00pm- 4 slices of Salami
440 Calories, 0 carbs
4:00pm- Sugar free Jello, 1oz peanuts
160 Calories, 7 carbs
5:30- Salad, Steak
350 calories, 5 carbs
---------------------------
total
Calories:2300, 24 Carbs

Training: Back

Pull Ups: 5 Sets to failure
Close Grip Pull Downs- 3 Sets of 8
Behind the Neck Press- 3 Sets of 8
Hyperextension- 1 set of 20 (too little i know)

Abs
Roman Chair Sit ups: 3 Sets of 20-15
Ab Crunch Machine: 2 Sets of 15
Leg Raises: 2 sets of 8

GhettoSmurf
05-13-2003, 07:31 PM
do you know if you are in keto yet?

i thought it was best to try to stay under 20g of carbs?

bryancore
05-13-2003, 07:56 PM
i thought i'd stay under 30, and i need to pick up some ketostix soon. Do you think that it will be ineffective if i dont stay under 20 though?

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 04:48 AM
i know that themain "goal" of keto (the CKD at least) is to try to stay under 20g to get into keto. but i think it also depends a bit on the person. maybe you could get into keto with what you are eating.

i also think it'd be a good idea to try to pick up some keto stix as soon as you can, i mean, unless you have a different way of knowing when u r in keto.

bradley
05-14-2003, 05:47 AM
i thought i'd stay under 30, and i need to pick up some ketostix soon. Do you think that it will be ineffective if i dont stay under 20 though?

Most people can tell when they are in keto. Have you noticed the metallic taste in your mouth? You could very well be in keto if you are consuming 30g of carbs a day but it is just a good rule of thumb to stay <20g of carbs a day.

The diet will still be effective because you are in a caloric deficit which is what determines weight loss. There is really no "magic" behind ketosis. It does offer some benefits, like appetitie suppression, but it is not going to just melt the fat off of you. I would say the biggest plus of a CKD is the cycling aspect of the diet, but this can be accomplished with a more balanced diet as well.

bradley
05-14-2003, 05:50 AM
Training: Back

Pull Ups: 5 Sets to failure
Close Grip Pull Downs- 3 Sets of 8
Behind the Neck Press- 3 Sets of 8
Hyperextension- 1 set of 20 (too little i know)

Abs
Roman Chair Sit ups: 3 Sets of 20-15
Ab Crunch Machine: 2 Sets of 15
Leg Raises: 2 sets of 8

I would consider moving BTN presses over to shoulder/push day, and substituting in another back exercise. Maybe one arm dumbell rows or BB rows.

Yeah, im training, and on saturday and sunday i carb load.

What does an average carb load look like in terms of foods and macro breakdown?

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 08:35 AM
also, along with what bradley mentioned, have you ever though about trying deadlifts?

bryancore
05-14-2003, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the replies, yeah i usually do dead lifts, but i was short on time, and i still needed to do my abs and cardio. As for today... i ****ing cheated for breakfast. Thats the last time.. im going to go under 20 from now on, thanks guys. As for the carb load day, im still not sure about how that works... i've been ketogenic dieting for a long time now, but not cycling it. If any of you guys could give me a good example of a carb load, i'd appreciate it. thanks.

bryancore
05-14-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by bradley

I would consider moving BTN presses over to shoulder/push day, and substituting in another back exercise. Maybe one arm dumbell rows or BB rows.

What does an average carb load look like in terms of foods and macro breakdown?

Sorry, i meant Behind the Neck Lateral Pull Down. Thanks for that. That would be kinda dumb if I did BTN Press on a back day huh?

Behemoth
05-14-2003, 04:00 PM
11 sets of an overhead pulling motion? eh, thats fairly hefty for total back. I'd consider (like bradley said) maybe doing 3-4 set of pullups and/or pulldown, then maybe another 2-3 of some type of rowing motion. No shrug either?

bryancore
05-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Shrugs are today with my shoulder workout. That's kind of an on going debate on wether the traps are part of the shoulders or the back. I usually train them with shoulders unless im running on a tight schedule. Ill post my day/training tonite.

bryancore
05-14-2003, 08:57 PM
Well, today was a not so good diet day.

10:30- A Bagel, A **** load of peanut Butter, Steak, 7 slices of bacon, and a little piece of french bread.
12:00- Tuna
3:00- 44 oz diet coke... still bloated and full from breakfast
7:30- Post work out shake
8:00- Chicken Breast

Today was horrible, I dont even want to count the carbs and calories, but i actually had a really good cardio workout at the gym tonite. 25 Minutes on the Eliptical trainer (350 Calories) and 10 minutes on a stationary bike (100 Calories). I tried that sprint for 30 seconds, cool down for 30 seconds, and I must say i felt alot better about the workout. I was sweating more, i was burning more calories, and it was just better over all. Ill be doing that from now on.

Training- Delts/Traps
Machine Press- 4 sets of 8-6
Standing Side Lateral raises- 3 sets of 8-6
Seated Bent Lateral raises-3 sets of 8-6
Machine Shrugs - Super Set
Forward- 3 sets of 10-8
Backward- 3 sets of 10-8

Calves
Standing Calf Raises- 2 sets of 30
Seated Rotary Extensions- 2 sets of 30
Seated raises- 2 sets of 30

bryancore
05-15-2003, 12:06 AM
Alright, tomorrow is Grad Nite. For those who may not know what it is, its when seniors get to have a big long party on their last day of school. I'm not a senior, but my girlfriend is so were going tomorrow nite. Guess where? Disneyland!!! I hear its really fun, and im excited. Because tomorrow is going to be a busy day, i decided to pre plan my eating for tomorrow. Hopefully ill have the will power to keep away from all the junk bullsh!t food at the park. Anyway, here goes:

Breakfast- 7 Slices of Bacon, 1 Can of Tuna, 1 Cup of S.F. Jello
405 Calories, 1g Carbs
Snack- 1 oz Peanuts, 1 oz String Cheese
260 Calories, 7g Carbs
Lunch- 2 Cans of Tuna w/ 1 tbsp of Olive Oil, 1 cup of S.F. Jello, 2 Turkey Sausage Links
570 Calories, 2g Carbs
Dinner- Steak, 3 oz of Spam (mmm...)
570 Calories, 1g Carbs

Total-
1805 Calories
12g Carbs

GhettoSmurf
05-15-2003, 05:07 AM
great improvement on the diet bro!. are you drinking anything like diet coke? i noticed a post above you wrote that you had diet coke. be careful with the diet-pops, becuase the citric acid CAN kick SOME people out of ketosis.

bradley
05-15-2003, 05:59 AM
Shrugs are today with my shoulder workout. That's kind of an on going debate on wether the traps are part of the shoulders or the back. I usually train them with shoulders unless im running on a tight schedule. Ill post my day/training tonite.

I personally don't really worry about shrugs that much since I am performing deadlifts. My traps get a good workout from the deadlifts alone. Might just throw in a few sets after your deads or go with some static holds to work on your grip and this will also strengthen the traps.

As for the carb load day, im still not sure about how that works... i've been ketogenic dieting for a long time now, but not cycling it. If any of you guys could give me a good example of a carb load, i'd appreciate it. thanks.

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/carb-up-and-ketogenic-diet.htm

I tried that sprint for 30 seconds, cool down for 30 seconds, and I must say i felt alot better about the workout. I was sweating more, i was burning more calories, and it was just better over all. Ill be doing that from now on.

Since HIIT is a combination of both anaerobic and aerobic exercise I would probably advise against it, since it can deplete muscle glycogen which could adversely affect your workouts. You need that muscle glycogen to lift which would be more important IMO than the HIIT cardio. If you want to continue performing HIIT cardio and lifting you might think about switching to a TKD instead of a CKD.

GhettoSmurf
05-15-2003, 06:10 AM
but i actually had a really good cardio workout at the gym tonite. 25 Minutes on the Eliptical trainer (350 Calories) and 10 minutes on a stationary bike (100 Calories). I tried that sprint for 30 seconds, cool down for 30 seconds, and I must say i felt alot better about the workout. I was sweating more, i was burning more calories, and it was just better over all. Ill be doing that from now on.

you might not want to do that much cardio while trying a KETO diet. i'd just stick to low/moderate intensity cardio at the most. if you really want to do the cardio thing, i'd do what bradley said, and go with a TKD, or just simply stat a cutting cycle, and lower your overall caloric intake.

bryancore
05-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys, I'll keep that one in mind. Maybe ill lay off the Hi Intensity Cardio, and just do low intesity until im done with dieting. As for diet coke, i have it once in a while, but mostly water now. If i go out i try to get diet coke, but since you said it might kick me off ketosis, im going to try and keep water with me tonite.

GhettoSmurf
05-15-2003, 11:59 AM
im not saying it will kick you out. but it can kick some people out. thats why i think it'd help termendouly if you are able to ge some keto stix and then find out what keeps you in/kicks you out of keto.

have you ever heard of Crystal Light? its a sugar-free drink. just mix it with water, and it tastes quite good IMO. maybe you should take a look for some if you are getting bored of water.

bryancore
05-15-2003, 05:14 PM
DAMN... i just trained my legs... and im exhausted. lol Exciting day today... It turns out that Ephedra has been banned in california, so i just bought 3 bottles of pure ma-Huang today for ****ing 24 bucks!!!!!! Thats 270 Capsules with 100mg EACH. That is such a good deal. Anyway... After that I went to the gym and trained my quads, glutes, and hams.

TRAINING- Quads/Glutes/Hams
Leg Extension (warm up)- 2 Sets of 15
Leg Press- 4 Sets of 8
Squats- 4 sets of 8-6
Leg Extension-3 Sets of 8-6
Leg Curl-3 Sets of 8
---Super Set with
Dumbbell Stiff Dead Lift- 3 Sets of 8
Dumbbell Lunge- 3 sets of 8

Abs-
Reverse Crunch- 2 sets of 15
Side Machine Crunch-2 Sets each side of 15
Straight Machine Crunch- 2 sets of 15-10

Cardio-20 Minutes of Low Intensity Cardio on Eliptical Trainer

Yeah, im going to try to pick up some ketostix soon, but i don't really drink diet coke too often, so it shouldn't be a problem. Just tonite ill be drinking it at disneyland. Too bad those stupid bastards wont let us bring food in, or else i would have brought some steak to hold me over through out the night. Money Hungry FOOS!.

GhettoSmurf
05-15-2003, 07:44 PM
have fun @ disneyland! buy a hot-dog or somthing if you are there ;) (just ask the vender if he knows if it has sugar in it or not)

bryancore
05-16-2003, 06:22 PM
Alright.. well... last night was long... I went to disneyland for grad nite.. got in around 11:30pm.. and.. pretty much walked around and went on rides until 6:00am. HAHAHAHAH I decided im just going to carb up today and straight diet this whole week. This whole week of dieting hasn't gone well, so i'm going to go to the grocery again to get some more food. Anyway.. Today i'm going to be working the chest and triceps. My legs are killing me by the way. :D

Chest
--------
Warm Up: Machine Press- 2 sets of 20 light
Cybex Seated Press: 3 sets of 8-6
Dumbbell Incline Press: 3 Sets of 8
Superset w/
Dumbbell Incline Flies: 3 Sets of 8
Machine Flies: 3 sets of 8-6
Lower Cable Flies: 1 set, drop setted: 8 reps of 50, 40, and 30.

Triceps
--------
Close Grip Pressdown- 3 sets of 8
reverse grip pulldown- 3 sets of 8
Dumbbell tricep extension- 3 sets of 8
Dips- 3 sets to Failure

Cardio- Eliptical Trainer... Enough to burn up the disneyland food. lol.

bryancore
05-17-2003, 03:19 PM
Alright.. Well.. im kind of discouraged now... I showed my girlfriend my favorite bodybuilder and inspiration Stan Mcquay, and she told me that he was gross and that she would break up with me if i got that big. Well, thats when i told her that at the end of summer i'd be bulking up for a few months to prepare for a competition at the end of next year that me and my friend want to compete in. She got so angry with me, so im a bit torn.. i'm not going to stop bodybuilding, but i don't want her to break up with me. Whatever... well deal with it later i guess.

Training: Rest Day

Breakfast- 6 slices of bacon, 4 turkey sausage links
490 Calories, 2 carbs

Lunch- 1 can of tuna, 1 tbsp Olive Oil, Zero Carb Protein Shake, 1oz Peanuts
460 Calories, 6 carbs

Snack- 1 oz peanuts, 1 oz String cheese, Zero Carb Protein Shake
360 Calories, 7 carbs

Dunner- 2 Cans of tuna, 2 tbsp Olive oil, Sugar Free Jello, Zero Carb Protein Shake
410 Calories, 1 carb

Snack- Zero Carb Protein Shake
100 Calories, o carbs

Totals:
Calories- 1820
Carbs- 16

Scott S
05-17-2003, 04:24 PM
Hmm... is it possible that your gf is slightly jealous of your progress/ committment to being in shape?

(Don't tell her, but once I stopped cutting and started bulking, my girlfriend said I was making her feel better now...)

- Scott

bradley
05-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah, im going to try to pick up some ketostix soon, but i don't really drink diet coke too often, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I wouldn't waste my money on the Ketostix. If you are eating <20g of carbs then you should be fine. If the Diet Coke kicks you out of ketosis, which it probably won't unless you drink a liter in one sitting, you will be back in ketosis in no time. Most people can tell by the metallic taste that they have in their mouth, "keto breath."

I noticed that you are doing some isolation work before your main compound lifts. For example, you performed cable crossovers before incline press. I would recommed performing the larger compound movements first in your routine, unless you are trying some sort of pre-exhaustion technique. I would also perform squats before leg presses.

bryancore
05-17-2003, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I've been doing pre-exhaustion for a few months now, but i think im going to switch that up now. I edited my routine that i did yesterday, i wrote that BEFORE i went to the gym, so that was how the day went. Anyway, I'm also going to start using drop sets at the end of each body part. I notice that they always shock my muscles real good when i use them. Thanks for the tip on the ketostix too. I guess your right. Im broke anyway.

GhettoSmurf
05-17-2003, 05:32 PM
bryan, do you know if you are in ketosis yet? (just wondering)

also, have you done a carb-up yet?

also, maybe you or someone or even bradley can answer this: in a CKD diet, do you WANT to carb-up on the weekend even if you ARNT in ketosis?

bryancore
05-17-2003, 06:17 PM
I would think that you'd need to be in ketosis before you needed a carb up day. Since ketosis is caused by the absence of carbs, glycogen needs to be replenished somehow.

Anyway, this week i've had a lot of cheating going on, about 3 cheat meals this week, so starting today i'm going strictly below 20 carbs. Next weekend, I will carb up on either friday or saturday.

bradley
05-18-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
also, maybe you or someone or even bradley can answer this: in a CKD diet, do you WANT to carb-up on the weekend even if you ARNT in ketosis?

Well the carb up is to refill muscle glycogen that becomes depleted due to training and the low carb diet that is followed throughout the week. It also has other metabolic benefits, i.e. leptin levels. So if you have been dieting all week then a carb up/refeed would be beneficial even if you are not in ketosis.

A carb up/refeed is beneficial for any diet that causes one to be in caloric deficit. Well I guess I should say it becomes important once you get down to 15% bf or so. The lower your bf is the more often you will need to refeed. Hope that helps:)

bryancore
05-18-2003, 03:08 PM
Sunday: Church

Training: Rest Day

10:15 amBreakfast: 6oz Spam, Sugar Free Jello
550 Calories, 4g carbs

1:10pm Lunch: 7 slices of Bacon, 2 Breakfast Sausage Links
385 Calories, 1g Carb

2:00pm Before Snack: (1) 100mg Ma Huang Pill, 2 Asprin, and 3 Cups (12 oz) Coffee

3:30 pm Snack: 1 oz peanuts, 1 oz String Cheese, Sugar Free Jello
270 Calories, 8g Carbs

4:50 pm: (1) 100mg Ma Huang Pill, 2 Asprin, 2 Cups of Coffee

6:00pm Dinner: (2) 6oz Chicken Breasts, Zero Carb Protein Shake
700 Calories, 0g Carbs

9:30pm: Sugar Free Jello, 16 oz Water
TOTALS:
Calories- 1915
Carbs- 14g

bryancore
05-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Week's Split Planning

Monday: Biceps, Triceps, Abs
Tuesday: Shoulders, Traps, Calves
Wednesday: Back, Chest
Thursday: Either Rest or Legs, Abs
Friday: Either Rest or Legs, Abs
Saturday: Cardio, Calves
Sunday: Rest

GhettoSmurf
05-19-2003, 05:07 AM
Week's Split Planning

Monday: Biceps, Triceps, Abs
Tuesday: Shoulders, Traps, Calves
Wednesday: Back, Chest
Thursday: Either Rest or Legs, Abs
Friday: Either Rest or Legs, Abs
Saturday: Cardio, Calves
Sunday: Rest
\
have you ever thought about baseing your w/o's around your carb-up? i dont know how you've been progressing in the gym. if your doing good then i say keep itup. but once you start to plateu or somthing your could always try to base your w/o around your carb-up days. i've heard that that can really help

bryancore
05-19-2003, 04:13 PM
Yeah, i'm going to start basing work outs around my carb up, but until i drive i dont have that flexablity.

Today: Training Biceps, Triceps, and Abs... Afterward... COSTCO!!!

10:45am - 6oz Spam, 4 cups of coffee, Multi Vitamin, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 800mcg Chromium, 2 Capsules of Echinicea, 2 Aspirin, 100mg Ma Haung
540 Calories, 3g Carbs

1:30pm - 2 cans of tuna, 1 oz peanuts
460 Calories, 6g Carbs

2:00pm - 3 cups of coffee, 100mg Ma Haung, 2 Asprin

4:00pm - 2 Turkey Sausage Links, 1 oz peanuts, 1 oz string cheese, Sugar Free Jello
410 Calories, 9g Carbs

4:45pm - Pre-workout: 100mg Ma Haung, 2 Asprin

Post Workout - Zero Carb Protein Shake, 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
200 Calories, 0 Carbs

7:30-8:30pm - 6 oz Chicken Breast, Sugar Free Jello
210 Calories, 1g Carbs

totals:
Calories: 1820
Carbs: 19g

bryancore
05-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Mmm... i bought so much good keto food. This week will be good. -=)

bryancore
05-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Tuesday: I'm excited, it's almost Wednesday, and that's when I'm supposed to call my old job Target to talk about getting my job back. Its been way to long.. i havent had money for a long time. I need my job back. :help:

Training: Shoulders, Traps, Calves

9:30am - 4 slices of bacon, 3 eggs, 2 Turkey Sausage
520 Calories, 2g Carbs

10:30am - 100mg Ma Haung

11:30am - 1oz Peanuts, 1oz String Cheese, Multi Vitamin, 400 I.U. Vitamin E, 800 mcg Chromium, 2 Asprin
260 Calories, 5g carbs

12:30pm - 100mg Ma Haung, 2 Cups of Coffee

12:45 pm - Baked Salmon, 1 oz peanuts,
460 Calories, 8g Carbs

3:00 pm - 1oz Peanuts, 100 mg Ma Haung, 2 Asprin, 3 Cups of Coffee
160 Calories, 4g Carbs

6:00pm - Stress Binge. Oh well...
1 slice of Cheese cake, a bunch of peanut butter, and popcorn. It happens.

Totals:
BLAH.. tomorrow.

bryancore
05-21-2003, 10:41 AM
Anyway. So after my stress binge, i woke up looking alright, so i'm not too worried.

Training: Unsure. If so, Back and Chest

9:00am - 6 slices of Bacon, 2 Turkey Sausage Links
350 Calories, 1g Carbs

11:00am - 1oz peanuts, 1oz string cheese
260 calories, 5g carbs

1:30pm - Steak, 2 Whole Eggs
510 Calories, 1g Carb

4:00pm - 1oz peanuts, 1 oz string cheese
260 Calories, 5g Carbs

6:30pm - Steak
350 Calories, 0g Carbs

Totals:
Calories - 1730
Carbs - 12g

bryancore
05-22-2003, 11:33 AM
Going to the beach soon... Here's what i packed.

9:45am - 7 Slices of Bacon, 2 oz spam
425 Calories, 1g Carbs

11:00am - 2 oz Peanuts
320 Calories, 8g Carbs

1:00pm - Tuna w/ Peanuts, Sugar Free Jello
470 Calories, 5g Carbs

3:00pm - 1 oz Peanuts
160 Calories, 4g Carbs

6:00pm - Steak
350 Calories, 0g Carbs

Totals:
1725 Calories
18g Carbs

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 11:35 AM
so how is the progress with the keto going?

bryancore
05-22-2003, 06:40 PM
It's actually going pretty good. My abs are starting to show, but a few cheat days have slowed the process( i.e. girlfriends graduation dinner.) I try to stick to below 20g of carbs, and around 1700-1800 Calories a day. I'm happy with the progress though.

bryancore
05-23-2003, 12:07 PM
Friday

Training : BACK AND CHEST.
Close Grip Pull Ups- 3 sets to failure
Reverse Grip Bent Row- 115-3 Sets of 8-6
Dead Lifts- 135- 1 set of 8
185- 2 Sets of 6
Seated Bent dumbbell Row- 25-3 Sets of 8
superset w/
Flat DB Press- 45's- 2 Sets of 8-6
50's- 1 Set of 7
Incline Bench Press- 115- 3 Sets of 8-6
Machine Flies- Giant Set - 70, 50, 40- 8 reps each.

CARDIO:
20 Minutes HIIT on Eliptical Trainer, 10 minute cool down on stationary Bike

My training is falling way behind. My mom is a lazy ****er and wont drive me to the gym sometimes, so whatever. I get my license soon. Until then i need to keep my diet in line.

Life : I went to the beach yesterday and i guess i was laying on my stomach too much because me and my girlfriend's back are both burnt, and red, but our front side is alright. lol. Losers we are.

NEWS FLASH:I got my job back at Target! Thank GOD! I will be returning to work June 1st. I'm so happy... now i don't have to bug my dad for money all the time.

Diet:
9:50am - 3 Eggs, 4 tbsp peanut butter
620 Calories, 10g carbs

12:00pm - 1 6 oz Chicken breasts, 1 oz Peanuts
360 Calories, 4g carbs

2:00pm - Tuna shake w/ 1 tbsp of olive oil (hardcore.. lol)
420 Calories, 0g carbs

5:00pm - (2) 6oz chicken breast
400 calories, 0g carbs
------------------------
TOTALS:
1800 Calories
14g Carbs

bryancore
05-24-2003, 11:04 AM
Saturday, May 24, Two Thousand Three
Training: Legs, Calves

Warm Up: Hack Squats 1 set of 12
Squats- 135-1 set of 8
155-2 sets of 8-6
Leg Press-360-1 set of 6
320-2 sets of 8-6
Leg Extension-
90- 3 sets of 8
Leg Curl-50- 2 sets of 8
super set w/
DB Stiffleg Dead Lift- 45's-2 sets of 8
Standing Calf Raise- 90-2 sets of 20

Cardio- Eliptical Trainer- HIIT for 15 minutes, Cool down for 5
20 Minutes of low intensity Stationary Bike.

Diet: Extra Clean today.

9:30am - (2) 6 oz Chicken Breasts
400 Calories, 0g Carbs

11:30am - 6 Slices of Bacon, 2 Eggs
370 Calories, 1g carbs

Post Workout - Tuna shake w/ 1 tbsp of olive oil (Make-Shift Protein Shake)
420 Calories, 0g carbs

2:30pm - 2oz Peanuts
320 Calories, 8g carbs

5:00pm - 6 oz Salmon
260 calories, 0g carbs
------------------------
TOTALS:
1770 Calories
9g Carbs

GhettoSmurf
05-24-2003, 03:37 PM
very nice workout bryan. great job on the diet as well! and congratualations on getting your job back at Target

bradley
05-24-2003, 04:50 PM
I would consider separating the back/chest day and your leg day. The reason I say this is that you are performing squats, deadlifts, and SLDL on consecutive days. This could lead to your lower back becoming overtrained or possibly injured.

Also where are the carb ups? If you are not carbing up this could be the reason for "stress binges" which could be related to low leptin levels. I think a planned carb up/refeed is much better than just binging on whatever you can find.

Do you feel that the HIIT training negatively affects your weight workouts? The reason I ask is that both weight training and HIIT require glycogen and when performing a low carb diet you must try and get the most bang for your buck so to speak when it comes to glycogen.

Glad to hear that you got your job back. Money is always nice to have around:)

bryancore
05-25-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by bradley
I would consider separating the back/chest day and your leg day. The reason I say this is that you are performing squats, deadlifts, and SLDL on consecutive days. This could lead to your lower back becoming overtrained or possibly injured.

Also where are the carb ups? If you are not carbing up this could be the reason for "stress binges" which could be related to low leptin levels. I think a planned carb up/refeed is much better than just binging on whatever you can find.

Do you feel that the HIIT training negatively affects your weight workouts? The reason I ask is that both weight training and HIIT require glycogen and when performing a low carb diet you must try and get the most bang for your buck so to speak when it comes to glycogen.

Glad to hear that you got your job back. Money is always nice to have around:)

Thanks for the advice on splitting the back/chest and Legs. I guess it makes sense, I'll take you up on that. As for carb ups, these past weeks have been littered with celebrations and parties, and its disrespectful not to eat at family parties and events. Since my girlfriend just graduated, there are no more events that may hinder my diet so, it's keto all the way now. Carb ups on the weekend.

HIIT training hasn't really affected my weight on workouts, but maybe it will on future workouts. Maybe ill have to start cutting back, but as of yet it hasn't. Thanks Brad.

Sunday:
(I got this idea from galileo)
Music: Falling Cycle - The Conflict

*edited*
Training: Biceps and Triceps

Diet:

11:00am- 2oz Spam, 4 Slices of Bacon
320 Calories, 1g Carb

1:00pm- 1 Can of tuna, 1oz Peanuts, Sugar Free Jello
470 Calories, 5g Carb

Pre-workout- 2 oz Peanuts, 1oz String Cheese
420 Calories, 9g carbs

4:30-6:00pm- Salmon, 4 Slices of Bacon
480 Calories, 4g Carbs

Totals:
1700 Calories
19g Carbs

bryancore
05-26-2003, 01:59 PM
Monday Memorial Day
Day: I guess im going to the mall with my girlfriend, cleaning my room, maybe washing my hair... (i haven't washed my hair in 2 weeks), then going over to my girlfriend's house. I'm excited because on June 1st I might go to see Underoath at the Showcase Theatre. I'll get to **** some people up. Yeah! :p

Training: Rest day, resume tomorrow.

Diet:

9:45am- 4 Slices of Bacon, 2 Eggs
300 Calories, 1g Carb

12:00pm- Baked Chicken, 2oz peanuts
460 Calories, 8g Carb

3:00- 1 oz Peanuts, 1 Can of tuna, 1tbsp Mayo
560 Calories, 4g carbs

6:00pm- Salmon, 6oz Chicken Breast
520 Calories, 0g carbs

Totals:
1700 Calories
13g Carbs

bryancore
05-27-2003, 10:47 PM
Tuesday
Today i went to Six Flags Magic Mountain. ****... it was so ****ing hot... 103 degrees. I'm VERY proud of myself, i stuck to my diet strictly today, even at an Amusement Park. I was tempted to eat some funnel cake, but nope. I didnt. :) The only downside is that i had to leave my lunch pale in the car, so i went a few hours at a time w/o eating.
Heat + Calorie Deprivation = HELL
Diet

8:20am - (1) 6oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tbsp Com. Peanut butter
390 Calories, 5g Carbs

10:30am - 2 oz Peanuts
320 Calories, 8g Carbs

3:00pm - (2) 6oz Chicken Breasts, 2 oz Peanuts
720 Calories, 8g Carbs
-----
Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi to keep appetite suppressed.
-----
9:00pm - (2) 6 Oz Chicken Breasts
400 Calories, 0g carbs
-------------------------
TOTALS:
Calories - 1830
Carbs - 21g

So much chicken... i might grow wings. =)

GhettoSmurf
05-28-2003, 05:07 AM
great job with sticking to your diet. definately showing some will-power ;)

how was six-flags?

have you ever been to cedar point? now THAT is an amousement park :D

bryancore
05-28-2003, 10:32 AM
Thanks, no, I haven't been to Cedar Point... Is that in Michigan? I've never been outside of California, except to go to my house in Vegas. I didn't really like six flags this time... Maybe it was just too hot, but it wasn't fun really. It felt like walking through the desert. :(

GhettoSmurf
05-28-2003, 10:49 AM
thats a bummer. i agree, it kinda stinks when its too hot. especially when you cant find any shade or cover from the sun. cedar point is in Ohio

bryancore
05-28-2003, 11:15 AM
Wednesday
Homework, Homework, Homework. Around 4 i'm going down to some Ice Cream shop that is having open interviews. Maybe a second job? :) Need that money for... well anything. im broke.

Training
Shoulders/Back

Diet
9:00am - approx. 2 oz Spam, 3 Eggs, 1 tbsp Olive Oil
540 Calories, 3g Carbs

12:00pm - (1) 6 oz Chicken breasts, 2oz Peanuts
520 Calories, 8g Carbs

3:00pm/Pre Workout - 2 oz tuna
320 Calories, 8g Carbs

6:00pm/Post Workout - Salmon
340 Calories, 4g Carbs

Totals
-----------
Calories: 1720
Carbs: 23g Carbs

Y2A
05-28-2003, 11:39 AM
Bryan, you are an endomorph? Sounds like youre doing good so far, cant wait to hear the results :)

bryancore
05-28-2003, 12:18 PM
Thanks, yeah... stupid endomorph. So hard to lose bf.. but its comming along. slowly. thanks for stopping by. :)

Y2A
05-28-2003, 12:50 PM
Thanks, yeah... stupid endomorph. So hard to lose bf.. but its comming along. slowly. thanks for stopping by. :)

I am too, Ill be checking in more often to see how it goes, show me the way :D

bryancore
05-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Training: Shoulders and Back.. i think i posted that before, but i didnt go to the gym

Diet:

9:00am - 4 oz Spam, 2 oz String Cheese
520 Calories, 4g Carbs

12:00pm - 6 oz Chicken, 1 oz String Cheese, 2 oz Peanuts
620 Calories, 9g Carbs

3:00pm - 1 Can of Tuna, 1 tbsp Mayo
400 Calories, 0g Carbs

6:00pm - 1 Can of tuna
300 Calories, 0g carbs

----------------------------------
Totals:
1840 Calories
13g Carbs

bryancore
05-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Today: CARB UP. Begins today. Ends Tomorrow. End.

GhettoSmurf
05-30-2003, 05:36 PM
Today: CARB UP. Begins today. Ends Tomorrow. End.

good luck bro.

will you keep me updated?

what types of food are you planning on eating, and how long is your carb-up going to last?

bryancore
05-31-2003, 01:59 PM
**** it dude, im eating whatever i CANT eat during the week, ya know? haha.

GhettoSmurf
05-31-2003, 08:17 PM
**** it dude, im eating whatever i CANT eat during the week, ya know? haha.

sounds like fun. you better post some details! ;)

bryancore
06-01-2003, 03:11 AM
mmm.... This weekend was awesome... food wise atleast. Friday I started my Carb Up, and man... did I ever. For breakfast i had eggs, some peanut butter and jelly on my bagels, Devil's Food cake, Popcorn. We went to the beach friday and had a bon fire, so i ate Chips, salsa, Smores, Hot Dogs, and more chips. :) Saturday I slowed down a bit. Woke up at 12 noon, had a bagel, some cake, then at 4 i had a bagel and popcorn. I know i should have, but i didnt eat anything after that. Tomorrow, i resume keto dieting, hopefully to make a quick return into ketosis. Thank you, and have a good night.

bryancore
06-01-2003, 02:32 PM
Sunday: I AM RUNNING OUT OF FOOD. My mom and I got into an arguement, so maybe well go grocery shopping tomorrow when the **** blows over. Until then, ill have to live off of spam and tuna.
Church.

Diet:

9:00am- 4oz Spam
320 Calories, 2g carbs

12:00pm - 1 Can of Tuna, 1 oz peanuts
460 Calories, 4g Carbs

3:00pm - 1 Can of Tuna, 1 oz peanuts
460 Calories, 4 Carbs

6:00pm - Salmon, 2oz Spam
520 Calories, 5g Carbs
--------------------
1760 Calories
15g Carbs

bryancore
06-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Training: Delts and Back. Seriously this time. No Really.

9:15am - 6oz Spam
540 Calories, 3g Carbs

12:00pm - 1 Can of tuna, Mayo
400 Calories, 0g Carbs

3:00pm - Tuna, Mayo
400 Calories, 0g Carbs

6:00pm - Salmon, 2oz Spam
520 calories, 5g Carbs

Totals
-----------
Calories: 1860
Carbs: 8g Carbs