PDA

View Full Version : Please help tweek my diet!!!

kinetixtrainer
05-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Current weight: 180lbs
current height: 5'11" barefooted

current cut diet:
8:00am 8eggs(1yolk\8 whites)
11:00am optimum 100%whey (2 scoops)
2:00pm chicken breast and small sweet potato
5:00pm optimum 100%whey (2 scoops)
7:00pm workout
8:00pm post workout shake optimum whey 2 scoops with 1/2 scoop dextrose

9:00pm chicken brest or steak

Please advise!!:help:

GhettoSmurf
05-09-2003, 09:39 PM
what exactly are your goals?

from a quick glance it doesnt look like you are eating very much. also, how much is 1/2 scoop of dextrose?

kinetixtrainer
05-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Ghetto: exact goals are about a 2-3 % BF loss. (There are pics in the pic forum if you need something to judge by)

1/2 scoop of dextrose is 37grams.

Thanks for any advice.

GhettoSmurf
05-09-2003, 10:00 PM
by the looks of it, you hardley have any carbs or good fats. and judging by your stats it looks like you really should be eating a bit more then that IMO. have you thought about tracking your calories @ www.fitday.com and seeing what the total comes out to be?

kinetixtrainer
05-09-2003, 10:06 PM
I do take 3 caps of Optimum EFA'S per day split through out the day.

I also do a 6 hour refeed on WED. mournings from 9am-3pm.

Ill give fitday a try .............thanks :thumbup:

Ironman8
05-09-2003, 11:04 PM
Some good healthy fats, as Ghettosmurf mentioned, would be fishoil and flax supplements.

bradley
05-10-2003, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by kinetixtrainer
Current weight: 180lbs
current height: 5'11" barefooted

current cut diet:
8:00am 8eggs(1yolk\8 whites)
11:00am optimum 100%whey (2 scoops)
2:00pm chicken breast and small sweet potato
5:00pm optimum 100%whey (2 scoops)
7:00pm workout
8:00pm post workout shake optimum whey 2 scoops with 1/2 scoop dextrose
9:00pm chicken brest or steak

I would probably go with a small amount of oats in the morning along with the egg/egg whites.

I would also throw in some fat or low GI carbs with those protein shakes to help slow the absorption of the protein shakes. IMO I would go with whole food meals instead of the protein shakes but I am unaware of your schedule which could make this easier said than done. The whole food meals would keep you satisfied longer than a liquid meal of the same amount of calories.

Also might want to throw in some veggies in a couple of the meals to help get some fiber in your diet.

Also increase the amount of fat you have in your diet. Go with healthy sources like fish oil, olive oil, nuts, natural peanut butter, etc.

kinetixtrainer
05-10-2003, 09:49 AM
Thanks guys for the advice...Bradley what type of Low GI carbs would you suggest.....I have to prepare very thing in the mourning and carry it with me through out the day.

Thanks guys............Where would we be without the forums to correct our miss guided ways.:zipit:

bradley
05-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks guys for the advice...Bradley what type of Low GI carbs would you suggest.....I have to prepare very thing in the mourning and carry it with me through out the day.

Well the easiest thing to carry with you would pobably be oats or ww bread, but you could also carry another sweet potato or mybe some beans of some sort (black beans are good IMO). Another option would be a piece of fruit like an apple or a pear.

kinetixtrainer
05-10-2003, 11:43 PM
again, thanks bradley

GhettoSmurf
05-11-2003, 06:20 AM

i know im not bradley, but i do have a nice homemade MRP recipe using oats that work quite well IMO. imake a batch and put it in 2 empty bottles and stick them in a small cooler, and then put it in my backpack. IMO you wouldnt even need a cooler if you dont mind it being a little warm or not-cold