PDA

View Full Version : Help lose weight?

iryoku
05-11-2003, 12:07 AM
I read alot of stuff on losing weight, but I want to know from everyday people, what should I do to lose weight?

Cadio and no carbs? (I want to keep the little muscle that I have for now)

Ironman8
05-11-2003, 01:47 AM
If you gonna do a CKD (a low carb diet), I wouldn't recommend cardio.

GhettoSmurf
05-11-2003, 06:22 AM
its all up to the person. some people will try a keto-type diet, and others will simply just lower their calorie intake.

if you want you could post us a sample diet and your stats and we could help critique it a bit :)

bradley
05-11-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by iryoku
I read alot of stuff on losing weight, but I want to know from everyday people, what should I do to lose weight?

Cadio and no carbs? (I want to keep the little muscle that I have for now)

To lose weight you need to eat below maintenance calories. Make sure you get in adequate protein (1g of protein per pound of bodyweight should be plenty) and healthy fats (essential fatty acids). You can fill in the rest of your daily calories with low GI carbs like oats, sweet potatoes, ww bread, etc.

Cardio can help you create an overall caloric deficit for the day but is not necessary, although I do think it is beneficial in the overall scheme of things.

To determine how many cals you should be eating per day just slowly reduce cals in small increments each week until you are losing about a pound a week. A site like www.fitday.com can be helpful when trying to track calories.

bradley
05-11-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
If you gonna do a CKD (a low carb diet), I wouldn't recommend cardio.

Why not? Low/moderate intensity cardio can be beneficial when performing a ketogenic diet, although it is not necessary.

Ironman8
05-11-2003, 11:18 AM
Oh, I was asumming his cardio was gonna be running for long periods of time of something. Heh, let me rephrase that then.

Vigerous cardio wouldn't be good on CKD ;)