Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings--nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

Yeah, yeah I started my journal with a poem. But it's damn good! And it has kept me company over the last few months. These months let us...not mention. Iím not going to waste my time recounting the past, with its varied ghosts and horrors. Some of you may remember me, most of you wonít. But this is my journal, starting now.

PowerManDL
05-12-2003, 06:13 PM
:spam:

RG570
05-12-2003, 06:17 PM
:withstupi

wibble
05-12-2003, 06:18 PM

Never thought I'd say this to a girl, but you have a nice cow! ;)

Good luck with the journal!

Jane
05-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Iím starting from nothing, and when I say nothing I mean the worst shape of my life. Worse than the first time I came to WBB, unfortunately. Over the past year Iíve raised the bar in using various self destructive activities as coping mechanisms, and, quite frankly, they need to stop. Iíve also learned that I simply cannot survive as one of those ďaverageĒ people who donít constantly try to improve themselves and fall into deep depression every time I pretend that I am. So, itís back to academia, back to lifting, back to eating ocd-style, back to all the things that make me, me.

Iím really glad to be back at WBB and today was definitely my first REAL time in the gym for far too long. But Iíve happily discovered that the old passion is still there. Bear with me while I get my old strength back.

Aaarrrrggh

Chest/Tris

DB Bench 11@60, 8@60, 6@60
Incline Bench 6@50, 6@50
Dip assist 8@90, 6@90, 8@80
Machine Fly 6@45, 12@30
Tricep Pushdown 6@35, 5@35

Cardio

30 min @ the park, jogging, walking, enjoying the beauty and air

Mastication

I doubt anyone really wants to read my account of various omelets and string cheeses that are the mainstay of my diet, so I'll just rate this as either perfect, good, ok, bad, or very bad.

Today was good.

Non Sequiturs
Last week I, almost jokingly, tried to convince my English teacher to take the class to see The Matrix: Reloaded because of the many allusions and profound complexities yada yada....and, today I find out we're actually going. During school, all of Friday. I freaking rule. :D

RG570
05-12-2003, 06:46 PM
you were using 60lb dumbells for flat press? :confused:

the doc
05-12-2003, 06:47 PM
jane you still on the dbol?

_-_v_-_
05-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Good to see you back, Jane.

Welcome.

Jane
05-12-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by RG570
you were using 60lb dumbells for flat press? :confused:

lol. I count the flat press weight together. I WILL be using 60lb'ers eventually...but not yet.

Attention, world:

Don't look at the weight yet, please. Step back and let the woman warm up will ya?

Jane
05-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by the doc
jane you still on the dbol?

You know it. :)

Jane
05-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by _-_v_-_
Good to see you back, Jane.

Welcome.
Good to BE back, v.

I have missed the ole bunch.

GhettoSmurf
05-12-2003, 07:09 PM
good luck with the journal!

pagan058
05-12-2003, 07:13 PM

midee1
Well Jane,

I'm a relative newbie but I have read some of your posts. So glad to see ya back and keep up the hard work.

Oh and by the way:

Jane
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
good luck with the journal!
Won't need luck, mah man. Just hard work and preserverance. :)

Jane
05-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by midee1
Well Jane,

I'm a relative newbie but I have read some of your posts. So glad to see ya back and keep up the hard work.

I hope the ones you read were last-year's intelligent/sarcastic posts, not the recent retarded ones. :) But hey, retardation holds its own special place in our hearts. So :thumbup:

Alex.V
05-12-2003, 07:30 PM

:hump:

Think that about covers it. ;)

_-_v_-_
05-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Subtle as always, B.

Pup
05-12-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Belial

:withstupi

Jane
05-12-2003, 07:54 PM

LMAO...

speaking of :hump: I ought to get a before pic up in here. maybe tomorrow.

the doc
05-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Jane

LMAO...

TOES!!!

Ironman8
05-12-2003, 08:21 PM

Can't wait to see ;)

Alke
05-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Hey jane

I'm a new guy here, so nothin for me to remember......or forget, but yeah just saying hello :hello:

I just recently kick started my old passion for this myself :D

ectx
05-13-2003, 12:43 AM
Jane...you're much too smart for your own good. ;)

.........bwahahahahahahahhaha....:spam:

Budiak
05-13-2003, 01:55 AM
I'm quite glad you used Kipling instead of some esoteric Ginsburg trash.

Tank23
05-13-2003, 01:57 AM
Hey Jane....good luck with your journal and training. It's good that you've got yourself back into it :thumbup:

lol. I count the flat press weight together. I WILL be using 60lb'ers eventually...but not yet.

btw....you scared the cr*p outta me when I read that you were pressing 60lb dumbells....you made me feel weak for a second. Thanks for clarifying that...i feel better now :D

-Tank

ohh, nearly forgot....:spam:

Saint Patrick
05-13-2003, 02:00 AM
Welcome back sexy

errrr......um..... I mean Jane :D

aka23
05-13-2003, 02:32 AM
Last week I, almost jokingly, tried to convince my English teacher to take the class to see The Matrix: Reloaded because of the many allusions and profound complexities yada yada....and, today I find out we're actually going. During school, all of Friday. I freaking rule. :D

A field trip to see The Matrix sounds like a lot of fun, much more enjoyable than an English class. I am quite surprised that your school is doing this. Perhaps the school sees it as a morale booster or an atempt to improve their image, in addition to the educational benefits. Good luck with your goals.

Paul Stagg
05-13-2003, 08:27 AM
Self destructive? A Senior in high school?

No WAY!

Pfui.

Keep at it, young lady. (The lifting, not the self destruction)

WillKuenzel
05-13-2003, 08:30 AM
"Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction..."

Kind of corny but anyway.

Good to see ya back Jane.

Tryska
05-13-2003, 08:33 AM
fine way to start a journal janey! if is my theme poem, as it were. i'm still trying to be a man. ;)

anyways...glad to see you back!

Coke
05-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Best wishes Jane! :)

I liked the poem, I think I saw it before somewhere...
We are all the same, we appear to go through hills and valleys ;)

Jane
05-13-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
"Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction..."
...that may be the answer.

Palahniuk is NOT corny, lol. I've read every book he's written.

Thanks for the support, everyone. :)

Jane
05-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by aka23

A field trip to see The Matrix sounds like a lot of fun, much more enjoyable than an English class. I am quite surprised that your school is doing this. Perhaps the school sees it as a morale booster or an atempt to improve their image, in addition to the educational benefits. Good luck with your goals.
Actually, only my AP English class is going, and it was me convincing my teacher that it was a valuable learning experience and her getting a bus for us on short notice that got us this trip. :)

My school is too busy ruining the class of 2003's senior year to worry about image or morale.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves." :D

RG570
05-13-2003, 03:59 PM
who said hes corny?!?! lemme at 'em, lemme at 'em!!!

Saint Patrick
05-13-2003, 04:57 PM

...that may be the answer.

Palahniuk is NOT corny, lol. I've read every book he's written.

I read "Choke" and was pretty impressed. Any other books of his you'd recommend?

Jane
05-13-2003, 05:34 PM
Choke and Fight Club are definitely the best ones, anything else you read may be a slight decline. However, "Invisible Monsters" was a wicked, twisted, very entertaining read. :thumbup:

I find that so much of his material is quotable. It is also mostly depressing, but damn quotable.

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-13-2003, 05:46 PM
Wow, hey Jane. I didn't even realised you remembered the name of this place!

Hope all is well, and well is still hopefull.

Jane
05-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Wow, hey Jane. I didn't even realised you remembered the name of this place!

Hope all is well, and well is still hopefull.

[mushy sh*t]

Chigs, I didnt realize how much I missed it that much until I started reading again and suddenly I can't imagine ever leaving again. :)

[/mushy sh*t]

Pup
05-14-2003, 06:45 AM
*brief moment of insanity*

*hugs jane*

*end of moment*

*snort*

Reinier
05-14-2003, 07:09 AM
:)

Jane
05-14-2003, 09:11 PM
And I can't walk. Wee!

Aaarrrrggh

Legs!

Leg Press 12@180, 8@230, 10@230, 11@230
Leg Curl 7@110, 7@100, 6@100 + 3@80
DB Lunges 8@60(L), 8@60(R), 7@60(L), 7@60(R)
Leg Curl 12@80
Standing Calf Raise 12@60, 10@60, 10@60, 12@40
Leg Sled 25@100

Cardio

30 min @ the park, but I couldn't quite...how you say...move my legs? Yeah. Shuffled about, looked stupid to passerby's who didn't get that I just had a leg day. Fun, though! I found a trail that takes me to this awesome rock overlooking a dam, so I can read and relax there in the summer, and I also found this great spot where I am determined to bring my easel and paint. I'm acting like a retired grandfather, but it's all good. At least I still have my teeth.

Mastication

I doubt anyone really wants to read my account of various omelets and string cheeses that are the mainstay of my diet, so I'll just rate this as either perfect, good, ok, bad, or very bad.

Today was good.

Non Sequiturs
There is this guy who works at my grocery store that fascinates me. He looks to be in his thirties, slightly balding, and I am not sure why he's a bag boy at SuperFresh. But he has got to be the friendlist creature to walk those hallowed, cereal-bound halls. He greets each customer whille actually looking everyone in the eye, never misses a single person who walks past him to say thank you, asks me how I'm doing every time I'm there and, get this, he actually sounds sincere. You think a person stuck at a job like that would be sour and tired, but he's not. And actually, it kinda creeps me out.

But then I go home and think about it and realize he is not so scary after all. End of story.

*smattering of applause*
*coughing*
*flies buzzing*

ace dogg
05-14-2003, 09:19 PM
You're the best Jane. even if you do hate me. cool that you're back into things...i'm pretty much out of it too...just sorta lifting, cuz its something i do. How's your "group exercise"? ;)

werd to oliver!

Alke
05-14-2003, 09:22 PM
damn, all I do is a few squats and some leg extension thingys LOL

nice leg day Jane!!!!!!

Jane
05-15-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by ace dogg
You're the best Jane.

werd to oliver!

You're clearly drunk. :)

Group exercise postponed until suitable group is located.

Jane
05-15-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Kenn
damn, all I do is a few squats and some leg extension thingys LOL

nice leg day Jane!!!!!!
Might wanna bump that up a notch there Kenn, wouldn't want chicken legs now would you? ;)

Besides, squatter's butts = :drooling:

Reinier
05-15-2003, 07:39 AM
I also found this great spot where I am determined to bring my easel and paint. I'm acting like a retired grandfather, but it's all good. At least I still have my teeth.

**Painting is great. My mother is a talented painter but doesn`t paint much anymore. i should smack her for it. I like painting but im always busy doing other stuff and I`m also not that good at it.

Non Sequiturs
There is this guy who works at my grocery store that fascinates me. He looks to be in his thirties, slightly balding, and I am not sure why he's a bag boy at SuperFresh. But he has got to be the friendlist creature to walk those hallowed, cereal-bound halls. He greets each customer whille actually looking everyone in the eye, never misses a single person who walks past him to say thank you, asks me how I'm doing every time I'm there and, get this, he actually sounds sincere. You think a person stuck at a job like that would be sour and tired, but he's not. And actually, it kinda creeps me out.

**Every once in a while you meet these "sunshine" people that just act happy and friendly and real to everyone, they make you feel better about "people". I wonder how they can exist.
I think they are much like puppies tho. fun to see for a while, wouldn`t want to take one home

Jane
05-26-2003, 02:21 PM
Happy Memorial Day!

Aaarrrrggh

Back/Bi's!

Lateral Pulldown 8@70
Assisted Pullup 10@90; 5@100+2.5@90; 12@80
Bent over DB row 7@35; 7@35; 8@30; 8@30
Back Extension 6@45; 5@45+bw to 20; 6@45+bw to 20
Seated Row 6@60; 7@50
played around w/deads, BB rows, DB curls, and crunches

Notes:
This back workout sucked because my biceps kept giving out. They haven't retained as much strength as my back, I suppose, and totally f*cked most of the exercises I tried to do by being weak little bastards and failing way before my back was tired. Dammit!!

Cardio

20 min @ the park
saw people I knew, which promptly forced me to sprint in the opposite direction and find a brand new trail to explore. lol.

Mastication

Today was ok.

Non Sequiturs
Aah, my weekend. The good, bad, and the ugly. Let's recap.

Friday night: Girls' night out....stupid girlfriends force me to watch uber chick flick. A chick flick so chicky it is the very definition of chick flicks. God. My eyes! My brain! I could feel all sanity, sense, and logic falling out of my ears as I watched the pastel pink monstrosity. "Down with Love" should be "Down with Funding for Such Sh*t." I turned to my friend afterwards and said I felt a dire urge to go lift weights.

Saturday night: I had like 40-50 people at my house for a "Jane is Bored and Wants People Over" party, and it was great. Everyone told me they had a lot of fun. I'm really glad I had this before all the graduation parties started; it was nice to see all my friends together without family members and random cousins milling around.

Sunday night: Went out with my good girlfriend and two guy friends of hers. Saw Bruce Almighty--funny stuff. Completely didn't get along with one of the guys, felt sick the whole night. Came home in a horrid mood and slept for 12 hours.

Now: Dying of some unknown disease. No, seriously. I can't breathe because my throat is like..not open or something, and I'm just extremely sick. Maybe it's SARS.

RG570
05-26-2003, 02:35 PM
I hate girl's night out.

RG570
06-04-2003, 02:59 PM
you suck because you dont lift

carolinagirl
06-04-2003, 05:14 PM
You, Jane, are a sassy broad. (Anybody who can shut Alex up that handily is okay by me.)

You are now officially on my Short List. (That's the list of people that I like.) (The other list, the list of people that I hate, is really, really long.)

So......what the hell? Post some more workouts.

Mystic Eric
06-04-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
You, Jane, are a sassy broad. (Anybody who can shut Alex up that handily is okay by me.)

You are now officially on my Short List. (That's the list of people that I like.) (The other list, the list of people that I hate, is really, really long.)

So......what the hell? Post some more workouts.

Why so much hate? :confused:

Pup
06-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Eric...because haet is good.

Jane...post in this damn journal, your adoring fans need to know what's going on in your life.

that is all

Jane
06-09-2003, 11:06 PM
WEEK 1 of 12: DAY 1

Aaaaaargh

DB Press: 10@60; 5@70; 3@70; 6@60
Incline DB Press: 6@50; 4@50
Assisted Dip: 9@90; 9@90; 9@90 + 10@80; 20@50

Notes: I'm really pissed because I could have sworn my gym closed at 11:00. What kind of a gym closes at 10:00??! A suck-ass gym, that's what kind. The earliest I could get there was 9:30, and was seething when I saw that an hour long routine had to be cut to half an hour...ah well, I improvised and got some good work in before the doors closed.

Mastication
:D = perfect; :) = good; :( = not so good; :cry: = horrible

caloric intake: :D
quality of food: :(
vitamins taken: :)

Non-Sequiturs
I am so close to finishing high school forever, I can taste it. It's like someone is dangling a chocolate covered strawberry in front of my nose and keeps snapping it away. And just as my sense of smell heightens, the strawberry is periodically replaced with a rotting fish named finals.

RG570
06-09-2003, 11:14 PM
your weren't doing serious stuff at all.

PS i love your rating system!

Alex.V
06-09-2003, 11:14 PM
:eek:

She works out!

:D

Just kidding, assface. Good to see a workout, though. :) "tis a good sign.

Jane
06-09-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl

lol! Thanks man, what a surprising and highly pleasant thing to hear. I would say you made my evening, but I must confess that teh lifting takes the cake. ;)

Jane
06-09-2003, 11:17 PM
your weren't doing serious stuff at all.
Since when are benching and dips not fundamental to a good chest/tri workout? Hmm? :)

RG570
06-09-2003, 11:19 PM
i wasnt talking about your training session.

Jane
06-09-2003, 11:19 PM
Good to see a workout, though. :) "tis a good sign.
Isn't it though? :) I am doing this, on my own, and it's going to get done, dammit. F*ck the past.

Jane
06-09-2003, 11:25 PM
i wasnt talking about your training session.
I'm confused now. :cry:

PowerManDL
06-09-2003, 11:54 PM
He's good at that.

RG570
06-10-2003, 02:35 AM
*not a signifgant source of dietary fiber, vitamin C, or Iron.*

:scratch:

PowerManDL
06-10-2003, 08:05 AM
You are however a significant source of "ghey"

Reinier
06-10-2003, 08:50 AM

I am so close to finishing high school forever, I can taste it. It's like someone is dangling a chocolate covered strawberry in front of my nose and keeps snapping it away. And just as my sense of smell heightens, the strawberry is periodically replaced with a rotting fish named finals. [/B]

sounds familiar... If i make it past the tests i face in the period 12-19 th of June next... it will all be so easy from there.

but damn... that math is hardcore

Budiak
06-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Finishing high school? Jeez. Sorry girly, high school is like the Higgins boat ride to landing point Omaha.

RG570
06-10-2003, 04:30 PM
yeah..... higgins.....
*goes back to sleep on the
couch*

Budiak
06-10-2003, 04:35 PM
SOMEBODY hasn't been playing his Medal of Honor.

Saint Patrick
06-10-2003, 04:46 PM
hey guys I got an Idea - why don't we spam the crap out of Jane's journal with totally unrelated stuff..........

oops, too late :p

RG570
06-10-2003, 04:49 PM
hey i have an idea!
:shoot: :french:

:alcoholic

PowerManDL
06-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Kill whitey!

Jane
06-10-2003, 08:10 PM
WEEK 1 of 12: DAY 2

Aaaaaargh

Cardio: half hour of kicking ass on the tennis courts

Mastication

caloric intake: :D-
quality of food: :(
vitamins taken: :)

Non-Sequiturs
Must...finish...programming...project. In Qbasic. Please don't laugh.

Ok, laugh. Because I sure as hell am, although at a different thing. It is highly amusing to me to try and get my AP Bio teacher fired. That woman is an amoeba and I despise her beyond all sane levels. So does most of her class, incidentally, so today I began recruiting soldiers for the battle...

Jane
06-10-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
Finishing high school? Jeez. Sorry girly, high school is like the Higgins boat ride to landing point Omaha.
I don't know what that means, but my course load in high school was damn hard. I don't plan on letting it get any crazier.

Jane
06-10-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
Kill whitey!
Kill redneck!

PS. Nice sig. ;)

Budiak
06-11-2003, 04:49 AM
A higgins boat-named after its creator- is the landing craft from which we Americans poured infantry onto the beaches at Normandy during Operation Overlord.

Omaha is one of several beaches on which we landed, the 'beaches' were divisions of the same beach to designate which country was landing.
Americans landed on the Cherburg peninsula,Omaha and Utah, the British at landing points Sword and Gold, and the Canadians on point Juno.

If your course load in High School was hard I dont imagine your college load will be easier. In fact, with the possibility of adding(at most schools) upwards of 19 units of schoolin' per semester(translating to 6 college classes plus a bull**** lab) that doesnt sound too easy.

Unless you take a bunch of crap like underwater basketweaving.

Or you just take courses in something in which you are naturally talented like I did and you get good grades without trying a lick.

:D

Jane
06-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Budiak

Or you just take courses in something in which you are naturally talented like I did and you get good grades without trying a lick.

If underwater basketweaving doesn't work out, that is precisely my plan. :)

And thank you for the interesting history tidbit. I had heard of Omaha, but not higgins. Makes for a much more sophisticated from the pot-to-pan analogy doesnt it.

Budiak
06-11-2003, 07:46 PM
It totally does.

Jane
06-11-2003, 08:06 PM
WEEK 1 of 12: DAY 3

Aaaaaargh

nada hoy.

my day, however, went as follows:
[2:00am-6:00am] sleep
[6:00am-7:00am] shower, get ready
[7:00am-7:30am] rush to school
[7:33am-12:00pm] classes
[12:00pm-5:00pm] newspaper deadline rush
[5:00pm-6:00pm] food
[6:00pm-7:00pm] getting ready / practicing speech
[7:00pm-9:00pm] Senior Reflection night, the highlight of course being me.
[9:00pm-10:00pm] chill time / picking up sis / writing this
[10:00pm-4:30am] sleep
[4:30am-6:00am] study for Spanish final
[6:00am-7:00am] shower, get ready, and it starts over again...

Mastication

caloric intake: :D!
quality of food: :(..not enough protein, improper fats
vitamins taken: oops.

Non-Sequiturs
Gave a graduation-type-farewell speech to my senior class today...went rather well. I have reaffirmed my love for public speaking. Is there a job where I could just make a lot of really vague but good-sounding speeches that other people write for me?

Oh yeah, that's politics.

Reconaissance for Operation Fire Fiedler continues...today I have learned a formal complaint filing results in observation, but probably not firing, because of tenure. Whether target posesses tenure or not is unkown.

7 days until graduation. On my calendar, I have drawn a zigzag following the 18th, and on the right side of it I have written "LIFE ------->"

PowerManDL
06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
That means you're a dork.

Jane
06-12-2003, 03:26 AM
And we knew that already, snotface.

Jane
06-12-2003, 06:13 PM
71 DAYS LEFT

(I decided it's easier to keep track of how much time I have until the first day of college like this, rather than by weeks and such)

Aaaaaargh
Legs, baby.

Smith Squats: 8@90, 8@90
Leg Press: 8@250; 7@250(failed); 12@180; 10@180
Leg Curls: 8@110; 7@110; 5@110+4@90+3@70
Standing Calf Raise: 13@60; 11@60; 10@60; 10@60
Leg Sled: 12@120 narrow; 8@140 wide
Leg Curl: 10@100...just for kicks

Notes: I think I didn't eat enough and/or had too much Xen in my system prior to going, because I felt really weak and overheated for most of the time. But I did push pretty hard today, despite being on a caloric deficit, which makes the extra reps seem a little fruitless.

I always like to end the workout by returning to a previously done exercise and pumping out some light-ish reps until near failure. Sometimes I do this with two previously done exercises, but today it occured to me that if I leave off exactly 1 set that I probably could still manage to do at the end of every workout, it leaves me wanting to "make up" for it next time....so I don't get complacent and am always trying to outdo the previous session.

Mastication

caloric intake: :D!
quality of food: :)
vitamins taken: :D

Non-Sequiturs
My father refuses to pay for any of my college education and my mom just took a huge pay cut. Wee!

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Jesus Christ, i must be the only optimist left on this earth...

Jane
06-12-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Jesus Christ, i must be the only optimist left on this earth...
Whatever do you mean, CD?

I am an optimist. It just gets overshadowed by cynicism and anger. :)

Delphi
06-12-2003, 07:28 PM
I'm an optimist. I am positively sure that tomorrow is going to suck at work.

Jane
06-12-2003, 07:31 PM
And I am going to laugh the entire time I'm "taking" my calculus final. See? Optimism.

Jeebus
06-12-2003, 10:13 PM
I loved the feeling of having only a few days left of high school. The countdown to grad was incredible. But then came my 2 month "vacation" at university. A sad chapter in the life of Jeebus.

But hey, congrats on everything you are doing with yourself. And the intelligence is just booming off ya. I love it. :p

Keep up the great work madam. :thumbup:

Paul Stagg
06-13-2003, 07:35 AM

[b]Smith Squats: 8@90, 8@90]

I thought we raised you better than this.

You aren't getttin any college money from me, now, either.

Jane
06-14-2003, 12:36 AM
70 DAYS LEFT

Aaaaaargh
Active recovery...

via going dancing. lol.

Mastication

caloric intake: :)
quality of food: :( Russian restaurant food doesn't have enough protein
yesterday's vitamins: oops

Non-Sequiturs
I haven't slept since Wednesday night. I can barely type, let alone remember tidbits about my day. Peace out, the bed is calling me....

Saint Patrick
06-14-2003, 01:57 AM
nighty night Jane

Jane
06-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Still here, still kicking.

I've been busy with getting the guts to pack my life into a suitcase and secretly abscond from Philly to Pittsburgh. The final straw eventually broke me, and I made the 6 hour trip, alone, on the highway for the first time. Had a bit of an adventure.

Now I've been settling in my father's brand new house in a Pitt suburb, trying to figure out how to make a life for myself in a huge residential development without a car. The good news is that since the first second I got here almost a week ago, my eating has been impeccable. The bad news is that I need to find a place to lift, and, this is the hard part, a person to take me there and bring me back each time I go.

Regardless of the lifting, I am out of my former house and my books and I are in a monk-like paradise with no furniture, no tv, and nothing to do but read and read and read...

It's like I'm on a beach. Only I'm not on a beach, and there's air conditioning.

Pup
06-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Good to see ya back Jane :)

...PS-6 hour drives suck, remember...the purpose for driving with the left hand is not to have the right available for picking up yer soda, its for flipping off assholes who cut you off.