PDA

View Full Version : Drinking and Protein???

Mic Soloist
05-13-2003, 01:13 AM
Ok so I had 6 beers tonight.....

I have read that drinking beer messes up protein intake for the next day. My question is how much does it screw it up???

Is it pointless to take in protein and lift tomorrow or should I just take in a lot more protein than normal. Please let me know cuz I don't quite understand this.

Thanks

-peace-

steveo
05-13-2003, 01:52 AM
It won't mess you protein syntesis for the next day. You just won't be able to work out very well the next day. I reccomend you drink a lot of water tonight to flush you out and hydrate for tomorrow. Tomorrow just consume your regular amount of protein, you should be fine. Beer won't mess you unless you make a habit of it.

bradley
05-13-2003, 02:30 AM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29182&highlight=alcohol

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29182&highlight=alcohol

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22035&highlight=alcohol

I think this has been covered in previous threads:)

Berserker
05-13-2003, 09:54 AM
It will not effect your wo the next day unless your hungover. I worry more about drinking after a wo.

Mic Soloist
05-13-2003, 11:17 AM
Well the next day is here.... still alive and I feel fine. A little sluggish but overall pretty good. I had like 4 big glasses of water, a vitamin C pill, and some chicken(with a small milkshake:() before bed.

I know I probably went 1000 calories over my regular but besides that I'm cool. I'm going to do at least 20 minutes of cardio today.

My question is.....

Today is my bicep day and it usually pretty intense. Should I go ahead and have my bicep day or will it be wasted???

I want to go ahead an work out if it is possible, but I do not want to waste my time.

-peace-

WillKuenzel
05-13-2003, 11:19 AM
You have a day just for biceps?

mikey4402
05-13-2003, 11:22 AM
dont worry, most people do drink but like steveo said just dont make a habbit of it

NPursuit
05-13-2003, 11:26 AM
I skip my workouts after a night of drinking, but I usually plan an off day for that purpose. Working out IMO is a judgement call. If you feel you can go in kick ass then go for it. If not taking the day to rest, and focus on your diet may be better spent.

mikey4402
05-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by NPursuit
I skip my workouts after a night of drinking, but I usually plan an off day for that purpose. Working out IMO is a judgement call. If you feel you can go in kick ass then go for it. If not taking the day to rest, and focus on your diet may be better spent.

see if i have a night on the town complete with drinking, i feal better the next day if i work out the next morning.

Berserker
05-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by mikey4402

see if i have a night on the town complete with drinking, i feal better the next day if i work out the next morning.
Me too sometimes, gets me going.

You are not going to waste the efforts of your training unless you don't train. Sounds like your looking for an excuse not to go train.
Sure if your puking or got a thumper don't go.

Mic Soloist
05-13-2003, 01:41 PM
No I feel good and I'm planning on going....

I love training everyday unless I feel bad. But as hard as I go at it I would be pissed if it were pointless to work out after drinking. It makes no sense to me that it would be pointless but I was just checking.

thanks

-peace-

NPursuit
05-13-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by mikey4402

When I was 21 sure no problem. 5 years later I'm lucky to get off the couch the next day.

NPursuit
05-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Berserker
Sounds like your looking for an excuse not to go train.
Sure if your puking or got a thumper don't go.

More times than not assumptions are incorrect. I train my ass off.

Berserker
05-13-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by NPursuit

More times than not assumptions are incorrect. I train my ass off.
I wasn't responding to you.

Mic Soloist
05-13-2003, 04:34 PM
I just got back from the gym

I did 20 minutes on the eliptical and burned 300 calories

Then I had my bicep/ab day and kicked some ass.

I made a 5 pound advance on my dumbell curls(40 pounds) up from 35 last week and I went up 5 on my preacher curl also. I felt good and had a good day at the gym.

So I guess it is possible......

I might drink again tonight :) :alcoholic lol

just jokin.... maybe

-peace-

BUFF STUFF
05-13-2003, 05:17 PM
and youll be at a AA meeting tommorrow morning too :D

Ironman8
05-13-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist
I might drink again tonight :) :alcoholic lol

just jokin.... maybe