PDA

View Full Version : what after bulking?

pruneman
05-13-2003, 09:42 AM
I'm 130lb and bulking currently. I'm relatively new to the weightlifting scene and need some advice. I hear that the bulking cycle should last for 6-8 weeks or so. What should I do after that? maintainence or cut? and for how long?

Thanks a lot
:help:

Berserker
05-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Usually people cut cause they gained some fat while bulking. You can bulk as long you want. My guideline for how long to go is how much fat I've gained.

BobbyRS
05-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Exactly what Berserker said.... I bulk until I reach the point to where I begin to add more fat then muscle. For me, it usually is around 14%bf. Now I know that when I get close to 14%bf I can begin cutting again and trying to keep as much muscle as possible while trying to rid of as much fat as possible. You will have to experiment for yourself to see what works best for you.

bradley
05-13-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by pruneman
I'm 130lb and bulking currently. I'm relatively new to the weightlifting scene and need some advice. I hear that the bulking cycle should last for 6-8 weeks or so. What should I do after that? maintainence or cut? and for how long?

Thanks a lot
:help:

It all really boils down to individual goals. There is no set time that you should quit bulking and start cutting. Although I would keep in mind that the more bf you accumalate the longer you will have to cut to get back down to a low bf%. Dieting for long periods of time is not really ideal IMO.

SquareHead
05-13-2003, 05:10 PM
I would just keep bulking. Depends on your idea of bulking though you know. If you're eating cheese burgers and bulking with a bag of Doritos in front of the TV or eating clean. If you are eating clean I don't think you have all that much to worry about.

Ironman8
05-13-2003, 05:36 PM
I would see if I gained more muscle or more fat. If I gained more fat than muscle, I would cut.

steveo
05-13-2003, 07:35 PM
I bulked for a year and i turned into a fatass. Then I had to cut. I bulked again and then I maintained.