PDA

View Full Version : Carbs post work during keto

mr_hand
05-13-2003, 02:33 PM
Many people say to just take around 30 grams or so of carbs post workout when doing a keto diet. They also say take it in a liquid form. So, can I basically just down a bottle of Gatorade for my carbs then post workout? Thanks

bradley
05-13-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by mr_hand
Many people say to just take around 30 grams or so of carbs post workout when doing a keto diet. They also say take it in a liquid form. So, can I basically just down a bottle of Gatorade for my carbs then post workout? Thanks

Sounds like you are performing a TKD. I would recommend consuming the carbs preworkout instead of postworkout. Here is a thread that should help:

http://64.191.60.103/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23894&highlight=TKD

Ace
05-18-2003, 02:27 PM
30g of simple carbs like dex and malto could work, but like bradley said, it seems to be best to get your carb sources pre workout and then experiment a little bit and see if those pwo carbs knock you out of ketosis.

bradley
05-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Ace
30g of simple carbs like dex and malto could work, but like bradley said, it seems to be best to get your carb sources pre workout and then experiment a little bit and see if those pwo carbs knock you out of ketosis.

If you are going to go with postworkout carbs I would stick to dextrose. Seeing as how malto is a complex carb it does take longer to digest than dextrose.

I would only take post workout carbs in conjunction with pre-workout carbs.