PDA

View Full Version : 400lb 2 bar deadlift, 225lb powerclean, 405lb squat, and 200lbs OH in any way

Meat_Head
05-13-2003, 10:04 PM
I've decided to start a new journal because I'm going to try to focus more on the above goals in my training. My training will be a little more organized, due to that...

Basically, there will be a deadlift day which will either be a 20 rep death set or single, doubles, triples, 5x5, or something of that nature. Once I feel well recovered from this workout and my posterior chain feels recovered in general, I'll do a powerclean workout, same reps/sets possibilities. In between or every once in a while, I'll have a heavy squat workout, probably just singles-triples. And OH presses will consist of push presses, lockouts, presses from rack, regular, etc... with barbells or dumbells, 1-6 reps. I'll still be doing some heavy benching and curls, pullups, rows, and other stuff when I feel necissary. Not much is changing except I'm really trying to push those 4 lifts.

Bodywise I'll be gaining weight fast hopefully I want to get over 200 FAST like I did with 185 last time I bulked. I'll get a little tubby I know, but with all the 20 rep death sets, I'll be growing muscle like a freaking gorilla either way. I may go back to drinking a gallon of milk a day, since that's about 1500-2000 cals and 140-160g protein in addition to my regular diet.

The deadlifts I'm talking about are done with 2 EZ curl bars, weighing 20lbs each. The bars are loaded and placed at the sides, as if you were doing a trap bar deadlift. Then you just keep the bars straight and do a regular deadlift with them... My goal is to have 2 45lb plates on each side of both bars, which is 400lbs total. I did my first workout yesterday, doing a 20 rep death set with 220lbs total, and liked it alot. I think they'll go up fast.

My OH press has always been slow going up, so hopefully I'll really be able to push it up this time, I may even dedicate a day completely to overhead pressing.

shredder
05-13-2003, 11:07 PM
goodluck man,those look like some pretty kool goals.cant wait to see your workouts and progress.
i think those deadlifts ur talking about are called suitcase deads or soemthing like that.

btw, wat are your current bests for squat,OHpress and the weird dead lift thing?

kook
05-13-2003, 11:17 PM
F'IN BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooo
i seen ur pics you're small, you're metabo is decent so EAT!!!woooooooo

this is krazy, soon J will appear and split your neck loose cuz your loonier than he is, or i am!? i dont remember!!
and shaggz will blow smoke up your ass
and madrox will go schitzo on your ass
and monoxide will blow newports in your face
why you ask? i don't konw, but i do know its gonna be loony and tahts just what we are..

loony

RG570
05-14-2003, 01:43 AM
YEP!

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 05:56 AM
good luck bro. ill be rooting for ya~!~

Meat_Head
05-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by kook
F'IN BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! wooooooooooooo
i seen ur pics you're small, you're metabo is decent so EAT!!!woooooooo

this is krazy, soon J will appear and split your neck loose cuz your loonier than he is, or i am!? i dont remember!!
and shaggz will blow smoke up your ass
and madrox will go schitzo on your ass
and monoxide will blow newports in your face
why you ask? i don't konw, but i do know its gonna be loony and tahts just what we are..

NINJA!

Werd to your moms
I came to drop bombs
That's mah rap
I'm out peace

Meat_Head
05-14-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by shredder
goodluck man,those look like some pretty kool goals.cant wait to see your workouts and progress.
i think those deadlifts ur talking about are called suitcase deads or soemthing like that.

btw, wat are your current bests for squat,OHpress and the weird dead lift thing?

I haven't maxed out on a full squat in a while, but I'd say its probably around 315 right now. OH press would be about 125, and deadlifts who knows, maybe 300?

Meat_Head
05-15-2003, 01:14 PM
Yesterday:
Incline DB press
70x2!! :D I probably could've done 4 or 5 reps after getting the 1st one up, but I just wanted to break that barrier, and be sure about it with another rep ;)

Bottom position bench Did these about an inch of my chest. I'm just gonna do them from resting on my chest from now on, since there isnt a hold that lets the bar 'graze' it.

45x5
135x5
185x.5 Ahh it flew up the first 3-4 inches, then wouldn't budge...
175x1.5 2nd just wasn't gonna go... Still, happy with the rep!

Floor press Did these 1 hole lower than usual, so that's an extra 1.5-3 inches of movement

225x0 Not even close, still....
205x1, or maybe it was 2, ah **** was too tired to care. Good set

Low wide cable presses
50x6

70x4+ fly negative drop to:
50x8 ss with
5 pause explosive pushups

Bottom position close grip bench press
45x5
135x3 Felt really good :)

Cable pushdowns
drop set:
130x2
110x4
90x5
70x8
110x2

Meat_Head
05-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Squats tonight, WOOHOO!!

I haven't done full squats in a while, been focusing on quarters and olympic lifting, so this should be interesting.... I think I may do an OH press workout tomorrow to if I feel up to it. Then I'll rest till next monday or tuesday, lord knows I need it...

Meat_Head
05-15-2003, 09:25 PM
For the record, my warmups almost always consist of running for 1 minutes on the treadmill at 7mph, and 10-20 hyperextensions holding a 20lb dumbell to my chest, then lots of stretching.

Squats...
45x5
135x5
225x3
245x 6 reps on my own, went down for another and didn't come up, had a guy help me lift it back to the top, got back under the bar, rested for 30 seconds or so, did 2 more reps on my own, went for the third, and the guy helped me a little even though I didn't need it, and helped on the fourth rep when I did, wished he wouldn't of helped so much, but still a DAMN good set.

A guy asked me if I played football for a high school or something, and I was like........ no.

Didn't feel that I had done enough. Put the bar resting at bottom position and loaded it to 225. It was a long shot, 20lbs above the most I've ever done at the BEGINNING of my workout, but hammered out a solid single out. It went up pretty slow the first half, then flew. Felt great!

Leg press SS with BW jump squats
290x3
380x3, barely got the 3rd, 10 jump squats

My vertical isn't going up fast at all. I really want to be able to hit rim on a basketball goal, and I need another 6 inches or so to do that. I may start doing jump squats more... If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

Weighted hyperextensions SS with leg curls
I really feel the hyperextensions in my glutes and hams in addition to erectors. I think this is one of the best exercises I've been doing or could do to add lbs to my squat, deadlifts, olympic lifts, etc. especially since my erectors were REALLY weak coming back into serious lifting in January due to my injury... Really hits the erectors and glutes hard at the top position, which is also the position which is hardest to hold or maintain, where my body is a little higher than parallel to the floor. I add weight to them by holding the EZ curl bar as if I were doing a zercher squat. Its not too uncomfortable, and it prevents me from cheating by rowing, curling, etc...

70lbsx10 + 1 3 second hold at top position
then ran to leg curl machine
drop set:
130x.5
110x4
90x7

Regular straight bar curls
95x6

Switched to EZ bar curls:
90x5

Cable curls
80 or somethin around there x 10
supersetted with EZ bar curls
90x2.5

kook
05-15-2003, 09:43 PM
krazy krazy workout, i love it, seriously, how many people do you see doin this kind of workout? nobody, people probably look at you and have this certain type of opinion about what you can do and then all a sudden bam they get hit wit a big a stones you been tossin around

i've been thinkin about jump squats too to stick in my workout, how do you do yours, just a squat and then power up and jump at the top? i was thinkin about putting rubber bands around a bar, then attaching them somehow to the bottom of the rack and do jumpin squats with that, i'm not sure though, i'll check up on what the westside team is doin for legs

Meat_Head
05-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Check out blitzforce's journal, he has some good vids of box jumpsquats, and he uses them in his workout often.

I origionally started using them because after I did a squat workout I was in no mood to work my quads, so I'd do a set of leg presses and jumps to finish them off, but theyre alot of fun, and really help with endurence/speed/explosiveness/etc.

The way I do them is squat full down, rounding back to get more ROM and explode up, swinging your arms up with your upperbody.

You can weight them to and use better form, or do them off a box or flat surface, similar to westside box squats.

Your band idea would work fine, you'd just have to be careful with the bar, as jumping in the air with alot of weight can be very dangerous...

Meat_Head
05-18-2003, 10:54 PM
I do alot of random cardio, and its making it hard to gain weight fast. Like tonight I played 3 hours of basketball hard with nothing but water during those 3 hours. I do stuff like that all the time, not to mention what we do in weightlifting now. Since no one does anything, the coach decided to make us do complexs... every day... These complexes are basically 5-6 exercises, 4 stations each with decreasing weight, mainly focusing on 2 or 3 muscle groups. Its killer, but a decent cardio and endurence workout. Plus sometimes he makes us go outside and run up and down a hill holding a medicine ball over our head or throwing it as far as we can or hopping on one foot or somethin random like that.

Still, I'm making progress. I drank a half gallon of milk last night like it was nothin, then I looked at the cals, 1200 with 64 grams of protein. I was like...... whoa...

Meat_Head
05-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Decided to actually work hard at school today... Now I won't have to do cleans tonight :)

Regular barbell bench presses
145x6
155x6
155x4+2 forced
155x4+2 forced
155x1+5 forced
All of these were supersetted with medicine ball chest drop passes, 20 throws each set.

Close grip pulldowns
115x6
125x6
135x6
135x4+2 partials
All of these were supersetted with medicine ball overhead throws

Farmer's Walk
75lb dumbells x 2 sets

Walked on my toes. I just went with these until they were about to fall out of my hands. They were harder than usual because the handles were thicker than most, maybe 1.5-2 inches thick.

My grip was seriously dead after that.

Barbell shrugs
135x10
225x5
225x3
135x15

The 225 wasn't working at all because I couldn't hold on to the damn bar. The pulldowns and farmer's walk just killed me.

BB powerclean and push press
135x3
135x3

This seemed really light today, flew. It might've been partially because I was using rubber plates instead of iron. I missed one of the presses, but only because I didn't push with legs, reset and got the rep. Other than that the presses went up really easily.

kook
05-19-2003, 09:40 PM
nice, i bring straps with me on my back day i go no straps untill i feel i realy really need them, usually my last 2 heavy sets, once the forearms are dead then ill just destroy my back you know

Meat_Head
05-19-2003, 10:31 PM
Coo. That works.

I've promised myself to never ever use straps though, so no break for my forearms :P

Worked out tonight. After all this today I should probably rest until thursday at least....

DB shoulder press
20x10
50x6
40x5+2 forced
40x3+1 forced
40x2 forced

Machine military press
60x8
60x4 drop to 40x8 front military press

DB lateral raise dropset:
25x6
20x4
15x6
10x5
5x8

Low wide cable bench press
60x8
80x1
70x4
70x3 drop to
50x6 SS with
5 explosive pushups

Tried the 70's at incline db press, couldn't even come close after bench presses and shoulders and cable work etc...

Bottom position close grip bench press
45x5
135x3+1 forced
135x2+2 forced SS with cable rope pushdowns, did a dropset, don't remember weights...

Meat_Head
05-20-2003, 07:16 PM
I'm gonna try to go to bed at around 8 tonight, which would give me 10+hours of sleep, which I need. I had a little too much stress on my body packed into too few days, and school+work+church doesn't help at all...

I forgot to say that I weighed 185 last night. I've weighed that much before, but this time I'm not a fatass :p

Meat_Head
05-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Feeling much better.

Did this workout at school, so it wasn't nearly as good as most.

Squats Did these with a padded squat bar, the one that's supposed to take more of the weight off of your back. Consequentally, since my hams are what usually gets me through a heavy squat, I couldn't use as much weight. It felt like I had to drop much further than normal, hit my glutes and quads like the 2 bar deadlifts do.

65x10
155x5
245x3
295x2 I shouldn't really count these, had too much help from my spotters. The first rep I dropped way too low, and on the second rep depth was good, but I was leaning over too far and was already tired from the first rep. I think I could've nailed this easy on a regular bar. Good set either way, quads and glutes are fried.
245x3

Close grip pulldowns
105x8
130x8
150x6 No one else in the class was usin this much weight, I love to show off in that class

Tryska
05-22-2003, 01:21 PM
damn this is like the most hyped up journal i've come across. y'all sure are excited about lifting.

Meat_Head
05-22-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
damn this is like the most hyped up journal i've come across. y'all sure are excited about lifting.

And that's why we're growing :p

I've put 80lbs on my squat since 5 months ago.

kook
05-22-2003, 01:33 PM
if we werent excieted about lifting, we'd still be excited about killing!! and the normal everyday"gruntin is not necessary"people wont be so excited about that!!!

Tryska
05-22-2003, 01:39 PM
damn i feel like i've just popped one of my minithins. i'm all excitied to be in this journal now!!!!!

excellent work on that squat meathead!

kook
05-22-2003, 01:42 PM
damn i feel like i've just popped my cherry!!

nows it's gettin exciting!!

Tryska
05-22-2003, 01:45 PM
ooh child, that thing was gone a long long time ago. *lol*

kook
05-22-2003, 01:57 PM
you can still dream

RG570
05-22-2003, 02:09 PM
his journal is hyped?

Tryska
05-22-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by kook
you can still dream

truth be told it probably has been recycled by now.

Meat_Head
05-22-2003, 02:26 PM
ooh child, that thing was gone a long long time ago. *lol*

*is excited*

Meat_Head
05-22-2003, 07:46 PM
I've decided to seriously take up mountain biking. I've been interested in it for a few months, but didn't have a bike. My bro moved back in and brought his new bike in. Its pretty cool, really good, but a little short, my legs are crammed and therefore start burning really fast when I'm workin hard, and my arms are too close in, kinda putting me off balance. Its still fun, I think I may ask for a new one my size for my birthday. Anyways I took the bike for a test run today. It was alot of fun, just rode around the hills and big piles of dirt and rocks by my house. My legs either have really bad endurence or the bike is just way to small, because they would start burning really bad every 30-60 seconds of all out pedaling. Suprisingly, alot of the stuff you have to do to get over and through obstacles requires alot of explosive powerful moves, actually felt a little burn in my forearms from gripping the bars. I'd imagine professional mountain bikers would have a pretty good vertical jump, and would be pretty damn fast on foot. Anyways, I'm doing this for fun, but the physical benefits are very much welcomed :evillaugh

Also while I was riding I found several piles of big rocks and concrete that I didn't know were there before. Once I reach the goals I created this journal for, and decide to include alot more odd object lifting in my training again, I may go down there and see if I can find a few 150-300lb rocks or random objects to use in my training. One thing I saw that might be useful is a 4 inch thick metal pipe stuck in a big blob of concrete, used as a pole for something. I could do some interesting exercises with that...

RG570
05-22-2003, 08:22 PM
crazy stuff you do, i may try some of this stuff eventually, as conventional strength is very important to me.

Meat_Head
05-22-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by RG570
crazy stuff you do, i may try some of this stuff eventually, as conventional strength is very important to me.

Yep, works to. I find that as I've been increasing the workload and variety in my workouts, the more applicable it is in everyday life, and I find myself using it to my advantage more :P

Its like the more you work at getting in shape, the more your life demands it, or you make it demand it.

Now that I can sprint 50 yards and not have to lie and pant for 5 minutes :rolleyes: I play more sports and take more of the workload in whatever I'm moving/doing without realizing it. I don't even mind doing yardwork anymore, as long as its sunny and I can get a tan :P

Got bored so decided to go out on the bike again. Went to the same place as before. Tried going over some of the big piles or rocks n ****, sometimes successful, sometimes not lol Then just did jumps over random stuff. Decided what the hell, squats today weren't to demanding so I decided to do something more. I already had a decent cardio workout from the biking, so I thought I'd make it a kickass cardio workout. Got off the bike and stretched a bit, then started sprinting around the place. Ran up a bunch of the piles, and did longjumps over the ones that were small enough, then sprinted and grabbed a pretty heavy rock and snatched it overhead and ran with it overhead. It wasn't extremely heavy, but I still had to struggle to keep it overhead and probably wouldn't be able to go up any of the piles, so kept running around, then threw it down. Rested for a minute, then got the rock and threw it in the air as high as I could about 15-20 times. I tried swinging it up and push pressing it and snatching it. Then ran over to a huge rectangular rock and flipped it over longways to make it harder. Took about 5 or 6 seconds to do that, then sprinted and jumped some more. Then ran with the rock overhead some more. Then flipped the big ass rock 2 more times, the last time took me about 30 seconds. I'd pull it up and try to balance it on me somehow and reset and try some more, it was easy once I got it high enough to balance on my knees. I did this all shirtless, it was insane. I was freakin muddy and sweaty, and took a 30 minute shower, but I'm used to that =\ I think if I work out again I'll wait till saturday. Maybe I'll do cleans, OH press, and rows/pullups....

Meat_Head
05-26-2003, 10:22 PM
K well Saturday I went to the gym and tried some cleans and stuff. Worked up to 155 for a single on the clean. This whole workout didn't feel good, and my lifts were crap. After that tried a deadlift with 225. I don't really like full movement deadlifts. I could do alot more weight than that, but I just wanted to see how they felt. Did 15 clean pulls from the knees with 135lbs. Just trying to kinda burn out my traps. Did supported DB rows, worked up to a couple of sets of 10 with 60's. Then did my pullup giant set, as many reps as I could do with wide grip palms out grip, narrow palms out, narrow palms in, wide palms in, and parallel. 30 seconds between each set.

Today at school I did:
Bench presses - 165x6(got all of them without help), 165x4+2 forced, 165x2+2 forced

Incline presses(higher incline than usual) - 50x8, not maximal

DB bench press on a plyo ball - 70x4 or 5 These felt kinda wierd and offbalance.

BB curls - worked up to a dropset of 105x1- 85x4 - 65x6
Did a set of reverse curls right after that 45x6 or 7, with some annoying bitch pushing down on it every once and a while

I'm gonna do some speed benching and pushups tonight... maybe tricep stuff.

Meat_Head
05-29-2003, 11:23 PM
Ok back...

Tuesday I did clean push presses at school, since that was the last time I'd get to use good equipment for a while.

135x1
155x1 Got the press! Wasn't really expecting it! I'll get 200 in no time...
155x1
155x.5 Only got the clean
135x2.5, couldn't get the press on the last one...

That night I did a big shoulder workout like last week. Moved up in some poundages I think...

Also did alot of tricep pushdowns, got em real sore.

Wednesday I did a crazy leg workout. All of the following were one giant set... Took about 5 minutes to complete:

Bottom position explosive squats-185x5
Hack Squats- 135x8
BPS-175x5
HS-135x6
BPS-155x5
20lb dumbell lunges for about 50 feet
BPS-135x5
Leg press- 200lbsx8

Wow....

Somehow managed to do a single with 235 on bottom position squat after that, a new PR.

We maxed out on bench press today at school. Got 210, which I think is pretty good. At the beginning of the school year I could only get 165!

Meat_Head
06-02-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm 17 now, as of the 31st, woohoo....

Did a pull workout today:
Rack Deadlifts Done about 7 or 8 inches off the ground, lowest safety bar level on the power rack...
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x3
300x0 Didn't have any strength left, couldn't even get it off the rack...
225x10

Db supported rows - 70's x 6 or 7

Did my pullup giant set thing, felt good.

The rack deadlifts destroyed me. I really liked these tho, great pulling motion...

Meat_Head
06-11-2003, 12:46 AM
Have been busy, didn't really feel like updating. Anyways, here's what I did....

Tuesday I got the 60lb dumbells for 6 reps on incline db press, strength went down a little. It'll work back up. 175lbs on bottom position bench. 185x3 on regular bench.

Thursday did some random OH pressing stuff at my house. Don't remember weights, didn't matter anyway. Good workout tho.

Friday I squatted. hit 250 at bottom position squat. Was ****ing pumped and proud of it to. Thats up 45lbs from a couple months ago.

Meat_Head
06-11-2003, 04:14 AM
Yesterday I went:

Pulls from rack Same level as last week...
45x5
95x5
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x1
300x1! Slow off the bars, then exploded up

Did some shrugs with 225.

Powerclean from rack on same level as the deadlifts
135x2
Supersetted with
8-10 shrugs with 225.

Supported DB rows
80lb dumbells x 6.5 reps
70's x 7

Pullup complex

Done.

Today:

Didn't have much time so I had to cut most warmups and rest time.

Bottom position bench
45x5
135x1
155x1
185x1! Finally!

Regular bench

175x2

DB incline press

60's x 8 drop to
40's x 6
Then immediately 4 pushups, slow negatives, pause at bottom

Budiak
06-11-2003, 05:11 AM
Dude I just saw that Subway commercial with that little fat punk ordering the Chipotle Steak and Cheese and at the end he says 'Yeah, whatever I say.'

That commercial ****ing pissed me off hardcore.

I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the effects of training on your activity level when not in the gym. I've noticed it too. I love helping people move and I also love carrying TVs that take two other people to move.

Meat_Head
06-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
Dude I just saw that Subway commercial with that little fat punk ordering the Chipotle Steak and Cheese and at the end he says 'Yeah, whatever I say.'

That commercial ****ing pissed me off hardcore.

I know exactly what you mean when you talk about the effects of training on your activity level when not in the gym. I've noticed it too. I love helping people move and I also love carrying TVs that take two other people to move.

****ing fat punk, someone should slap him. Mmmmm chipotle....

I think I might try to get a shoulder and bicep workout in today. I leave tomorrow for colorado, and I'll be gone for a week, so I won't post for a while. I may do some running, pushups, pullups, or whatever while I'm there.

Meat_Head
06-23-2003, 12:17 PM
We went to Lake City and stayed in a resort for a week. It was incredible its so beautiful there.

While I was there with a church group we did alot of work for this little church there. Me and my bros took the hardest job naturally and ended up shovelling rocks into wheelbarrows until they weighed about 100lbs and taking those and dumping them in a huge pile, then shoveling the rocks from the pile into a trailer. It was brutal, along with that there was plenty of raking and weeding through boulder infested grounds. It was alot of fun, and an incredible spine erector, forearm, and ab workout. I got REALLY sore.

Along with work like that for 3 or 4 hours every morning, we usually got pumped up and decided to hike for a while every night. We climbed 2 real mountains, one took about 2 hours to get up with the wind and rain making it below freezing. It was alot of fun despite the torture me(a texan) is not used to due to elevation and weather. Being at 9000 feet above sea level makes everything about twice as hard to do!

We got back saturday, and yesterday I did some random chest exercises at a big gym that I usually don't workout at. Strength seemed to go down a bit, but despite of that I remember getting the 60's for 2 reps on seated dumbell shoulder press, a new PR.

Didn't do many shoulder exercises, but did a ton of chest stuff. Sore today.

Meat_Head
06-24-2003, 07:20 PM
It feels good...

Didn't really know what to do today, decided I wanted to do some high repetition death set type squat/deadlift stuff.

Squats
45x10
deadlift - 45x10
95x10
deadlift - 135x8
185x5
deadlift - 225x3
245x3
drop to 225x3

Rested 2 minutes

Deadlifts - 225x15, went nonstop for 5 reps, caught breath, 3 more, caught breath single, rest, double, single, single, double. Rest between those bursts was at a minimum. Killed me. Sweated a ton. I'm gonna try to keep gaining weight till 200 I guess. I thought about cutting for a while while continuein to gain strength, but threw that out when I saw one of my buds who looks like he's gained about 20lbs of lean mass since a year ago.

I hate my ****ing bitch tits. Gyno is a curse to men. And the price of the operation to have it removed is worse...

Thinking about trying HST. I'm gonna make a post about it in a minute.