PDA

View Full Version : Cheating..

bryancore
05-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Okay, so i didnt mean to do it, but i couldnt help it.. I am on the CKD, but this morning i had

-small piece of steak
-Bagel
-Peanut butter
-a small piece of french bread

So somewhere along the lines of 100 carbs.

IF i keep it clean today, do you guys think it will affect my CKD? Maybe i will just skip this weekend's carb up. Well see.

captnjosh
05-14-2003, 12:25 PM
Yes it will affect CKD.

bryancore
05-14-2003, 12:30 PM
I know that, but i meant in the long run.

Fenbay
05-14-2003, 01:07 PM
Heck no....do some hard-core cardio and burn that stuff up ... the body will be looking for some more fuel and viola ...burning fat again.

bryancore
05-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Thanks man... i just needed to hear it from someone else. hahaha. Yeah today, im going to train shoulders and im going to try out the HIIT training thing.

Ironman8
05-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Don't sweat it dude. It probably kicked up your metabolism also.

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 06:06 PM
heck dude steak ifs fine on CKD IMO, just not the other stuff ;)

Ironman8
05-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Did you remove the visible fat from that steak ;)

bryancore
05-14-2003, 06:28 PM
You know it. :) Thanks for the support.

bradley
05-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Did you remove the visible fat from that steak ;)

When performing a CKD I would go with more fatty foods. You need the fat in your diet, unless you are planning on getting the majority of your fat from oils.

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by bradley

When performing a CKD I would go with more fatty foods. You need the fat in your diet, unless you are planning on getting the majority of your fat from oils.

yeah, but im sure there are better ways to get your fat intake per day from other foods then fat from a steak ;)

but i know what you mean bradley

bradley
05-15-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

yeah, but im sure there are better ways to get your fat intake per day from other foods then fat from a steak ;)

but i know what you mean bradley

Well that is why the CKD uses a lot of food like bacon, hot dogs, sausage, etc. which would I would normally say no but when performing a CKD it is helpful because you are usually getting around 70% of your cals from fat.

If you ate lean steak and chicken for every meal it would be tough to get the amount of fat you needed unless you were taking a couple of tablespoons of oil at every meal, which most people wouldn't really be up to doing. I am not saying that you should eat steak fat as a meal but there is no point in being meticulous about removing every little piece of fat when you need it to perform the CKD.

Ironman8
05-15-2003, 07:27 AM
Wow, thanks for the info bradley. I always thought that you keep the protein high and fat moderate on CKD.

bradley
05-15-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Wow, thanks for the info bradley. I always thought that you keep the protein high and fat moderate on CKD.

Too much protein can also cause insulin to be released which is not what you want when trying to get into ketosis.