PDA

View Full Version : More important. Fats or calories??

Ferry Costen
05-14-2003, 01:20 PM
Well I DO try to eat stuff with not a lot of fat. I am cutting But overall I check the calories. I've seen a few threads where some of you have said it doesnt matter at the end of the day, as long as there is a calorie deficit. Is this true? Can I start eating peanut butter sandwiches again? I buy Jiff honey roasted peanut. 17grams of fat :eek:

TIA

Reinier
05-14-2003, 01:24 PM
if you are going to name yourself after a sell out DJ, at least spell his name right:D

Ferry Costen
05-14-2003, 02:34 PM
bite me :D
yes i know. I screwed up during registration. I meant Corsten.

Anyway, anyone have any answers for my question?

Behemoth
05-14-2003, 03:54 PM
At the end of the day, a caloric deficit will make you lose weight. However, by eating clean more fat can be lost and more muscle can be preserved.

BTW, don't buy jiff peanut butter, it's got partially hydrogenated oils. Buy an all natty brand... like smuckers all natural!

SoulOfKoRea
05-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Agree with Behemoth, natural peanut is better for you because it isn't loaded with food additives(other than salt, which some natty pnut butter have) or partially hydrogenated crap.

natty peanut butter = good source of healthy fat, if you look at the label, you'll see that only like 1-3 grams come from saturated fats.

Remember that Fats = 9 Cals per gram, so stay away from saturated fats and trans fatty acids(partially hydrogenated junk)

powerhalf
05-14-2003, 05:13 PM
Natural peanut butter is awesome. Is full of good, healthy fats, has a respectable amount of protein per serving, and tastes excellent! Better than "normal" peanut butter, in my opinion

Ironman8
05-14-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by SoulOfKoRea
so stay away from saturated fats and trans fatty acids(partially hydrogenated junk)

IMO, added saturated fats (hydrogenated fats, like you mentioned) are more dangerous that naturally occuring saturated fats (like the fat found in meat, eggs, etc.)

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 06:01 PM
some other good idea's to add some fat into your diet are fats some things like flaxseed oil, fish oils, etc.

Ironman8
05-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Also, olive oil, peanuts, avocados, etc.

Mic Soloist
05-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Behemoth
At the end of the day, a caloric deficit will make you lose weight. However, by eating clean more fat can be lost and more muscle can be preserved.

BTW, don't buy jiff peanut butter, it's got partially hydrogenated oils. Buy an all natty brand... like smuckers all natural!

The natty crap tastes like plastic..... but I suffer through it.

Jif is so much better though

SoulOfKoRea
05-15-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Mic Soloist

:eek: tuttut HOW DARE YE!

Brandon7775643
05-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Since no one here has yet mentioned it in this thread, I will. Do not be afraid of fat. Fat is your friend. Rather than fearing it, you should make it a signifigant part of your diet (30% or more, depending on goals and your body).

Eat good fats. It will make you thinner. Honest.

GhettoSmurf
05-16-2003, 04:31 AM

JIF is for the weak!!! ;)

Ironman8
05-16-2003, 07:21 AM

outnumber