PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for comments on my bulking diet

HahnB
05-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Ok, I don't have the times listed because although I would like to eat at certain times-my schedule sometimes inhibits me from doing this. However, I do get in all my meals eventually.

MEAL 1: 3-4 eggs, alternating between scrambled and fried, 2 big glasses of 2% milk, 2 pieces of toast with butter.

MEAL 2: Sandwhich on 2 pieces of
white bread,ham,bolonge,turkey,
salami,lettuce, onion,mayo,mustard. 2 glasses of 2%milk Not a small sandwhich either, mine are giants :eek:

MEAL 3: Big chicken breast and ramen noodle soup, either 2 glasses of water or milk for drink.

MEAL 4: Big hamburger or another chicken breast- lettuce,mayo,tomatoe
if burger. A dish of spagetti, 2 glasses of 2% milk

MEAL 5: Fish of some kind, either cod,
bass, or pike. tartar sauce and 2 glasses of water for the drink.

I didn't put my workout in here because that really doesn't go on a schedule-it could be at any time of the day. I drink a mega whey shake after my workout consisting of 40g of protein. During my workout I consume about 3 bottles of water.

I may also snack during the day which can be cereal or fruit of some kind. What do you guys think?

bradley
05-14-2003, 04:48 PM
MEAL 1: 3-4 eggs, alternating between scrambled and fried, 2 big glasses of 2% milk, 2 pieces of toast with butter.

I would probably go with a bowl of oats instead of the toast and butter.

MEAL 2: Sandwhich on 2 pieces of
white bread,ham,bolonge,turkey,
salami,lettuce, onion,mayo,mustard. 2 glasses of 2%milk Not a small sandwhich either, mine are giants

I would probably go with ww bread, and stick to the leaner meats like turkey, chicken, and some cuts of ham. Things like bologna, and salami don't really offer much in terms of nutrition.

Might also want to throw in some more healthy fats in your diet like fish oil, flax oil, olive oil etc. I would also go with skim milk over 2%. Milk fat is really not beneficial, and with as much milk as you are drinking I think drinking skim milk and adding more healthy fats would be the way to go.

Might want to throw some veggies in with the last meal. A little fiber never hurts.

Also I would add in some high GI carbs posworkout like dextrose and or maltodextrin.

Ironman8
05-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by HahnB
MEAL 3: Big chicken breast and ramen noodle soup

IMO, you should switch the ramen with something else (due to the high sodium). Just a little suggestion ;)

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 06:05 PM
i agree, ditch the ramen crap. those are for the poor staving college kids. eat some real carbs ;)

Ironman8
05-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
those are for the poor staving college kids. eat some real carbs ;)

I'm gonna have to eat that when I'm in college :cry:

J/k. Thankfully, I have my George Foreman grill :D

HahnB
05-16-2003, 02:00 AM
Ya I'll go with the WW bread and add in some cleaner carbs, thanks guys.