PDA

View Full Version : New Goal, New Diet.

steveo
05-14-2003, 03:14 PM
Okay I have started a new plan I need to move my BF down slowly. I lift 5 day and cardio 3 day (20 min). Can you guys see any weakness I need to change around. This is what I usually do when I cut and later I start taking meals out of move thing around. This work and I usually gain some muscle while cutting like on this diet.

Meal 1: Protein Powder + water
Xenadrine

Work out: Post Shake+ Flaxseed+ Multi Vita.

Meal 2: 5 egg white+ 2 whole eggs
½ cup of oats
Move free, Vita. C

Meal 3: 5 egg whites+ 2 whole eggs
½ cup oat
Protein shake

Meal 4: 6oz tuna
2 slices WW bread
½ lettuce+ ½ spoon mayo
Xenadrine

Meal 5: 6oz tuna
½ cup of brown rice
Flax seed oil

Meal 6: Chicken Breast
½ cup of Brown Rice

Meal 7: Chicken Breast
Potato

Meal 8: Protein Powder + Skim Milk
Natty PB
Sleep

Water Intake: 1- 1 1/2 gallons a day

bradley
05-14-2003, 04:57 PM
I might add in a few carbs or some fat with meal 1 since the protein will probably be converted to glucose anyway. For the last meal you might think about replacing the protein powder and skim milk with some cottage cheese. Just a few suggestions, but look good IMO.

Ironman8
05-14-2003, 05:24 PM
Looks good Steve. Are you centering carbs around your workout?

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Looks good Steve. Are you centering carbs around your workout?

i highly doubt it, especially if he is having a potato 6 meals after working out

steveo
05-14-2003, 06:22 PM
nah, they only thing I need to do is add some carbs before workingout, but the thing is that I sometimes do cardio first thing and I rather do it on an empty stomach so I try to get some carbs before going to sleep.

Ironman8
05-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Wouldn't cardio on an empty stomach be too catabolic?

steveo
05-14-2003, 06:43 PM
Not if I'm only doing 20 min plus the Xenadrine sayd it's Anti-Catabolic

Manveet
05-15-2003, 10:15 AM
Replace the regular potato with a yam or sweet potato.
Is your "workout" meal, after your workout? If so, then the flax is not needed there.

bradley
05-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Manveet
Is your "workout" meal, after your workout? If so, then the flax is not needed there.

It wouldn't really hurt anything I wouldn't think. It is recommended in the following article:

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/haycock/postexercise.htm

Manveet
05-15-2003, 04:26 PM
bah, I was always under the impression that fats would slow down digestion, and thats someting you would want to avoid immediately after training.

steveo
05-15-2003, 04:32 PM
I heard liquid fats were fine, but solid fats should be avoided post work out.

bradley
05-15-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Manveet
bah, I was always under the impression that fats would slow down digestion, and thats someting you would want to avoid immediately after training.

Steveo is right. Liquid fats would not slow the absorption but something like peanut butter would. The liquid fats just kind of float on top, the whole oil and water don't mix thing:)

Manveet
05-15-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by bradley

Steveo is right. Liquid fats would not slow the absorption but something like peanut butter would. The liquid fats just kind of float on top, the whole oil and water don't mix thing:)

I see, never thought about solids and liquids.:cool:

GhettoSmurf
05-15-2003, 07:31 PM
is there a source somewhere that says liquid fats are different from solid fats? becuase ive also read that ALL types of fat should be avoided post-workout

bradley
05-16-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
is there a source somewhere that says liquid fats are different from solid fats? becuase ive also read that ALL types of fat should be avoided post-workout

Well in the article I posted by Bryan Haycock he recommends some liquid fat post workout. I think the main reason that fat is not recommended post workout is because it can slow down the digestion of the carbs and protein which is not the case with liquid fats. I am not saying that I put oil in my postworkout shake but like I said I don't think it will hurt anything. Here is an quote from the article:

Post-exercise nutrition is critical if one wants to maximize the anabolic effects of exercise. The post exercise meal should consist of carbohydrate, protein and fat in a form that is easily and quickly digestible. There are many meal replacement products that fit the bill. Just pick the one you like the most. Don’t worry about sugar content because right after a workout, fat storage is not a big issue. A liquid meal is the most practical method of post-exercise feeding although it is probably not essential. The ratio of macronutrients depends somewhat on the nature of the training session. An emphasis on high glycemic carbs, complete readily digestible proteins such as whey or high quality soy, and essential fats such as flax oil will meet the criteria for an effective post exercise meal.

complete article:
http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/haycock/postexercise.htm

GhettoSmurf
05-16-2003, 04:36 AM
alright, thanks for the info bradley.

like you said, you dont put any in yours. i think ill just stick with carbs/protein only as well, just because that is what is constantly preached about on every BBing website i go to. but thannk-you for posting the article.