PDA

View Full Version : More muscle = more appetite?

Y2A
05-16-2003, 08:00 AM
For those of you who have gained weight... I "attempt" to diet down often but Im just so f*cking hungry and not disciplined enough not to eat. Also, my crazy ass metabolism has me starving all day, but I also gain weight easily :rolleyes: I was thinking that I should just go with the eating thing and try to put on some muscle, and was just wondering if more muscle is going to drive my appetite even more, or if it will stay the same. My reasoning is, more muscle will burn more calories, so when I am bigger I will be able to burn off the fat... Thanks.

Ironman8
05-16-2003, 08:04 AM
Yes, muscles increase metabolism, hence increased appetite.

Y2A
06-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Yes, muscles increase metabolism, hence increased appetite.

If a high metabolism makes you hungry, then how come a fatass with a slow metabolism like me is always hungry, but a hardgainer with a fast metabolism has a hard time eating enough?

GhettoSmurf
06-01-2003, 08:55 PM
ive neer heard of a fast metabolism making your hungrier.

but if you do get hungry easily, maybe you should try eating more fibrous veggies like broccoli or cauliflower which could help keep you fuller, longer. just a suggestion :)

spl_373
06-04-2003, 12:20 AM
of course it makes you hungrier....you burn calories faster.....when your body needs cals....you are hungry...hence you will be hungrier faster/more often

Mic Soloist
06-04-2003, 02:20 AM
since I started lifting I eat tons more and I'm still hungry.

I can drink a lot more beer too, and fast:)

-peace-