PDA

View Full Version : Someone check my diet please?

lilpenis
05-16-2003, 01:17 PM
I have been on this for about 2 weeks. I'm trying to get rid of winter fat I've gained in my sides/stomach/neck/face area.

Breakfeast:
cottage cheese and bagel with cream chese or beans with eggs Beverage=milk

Mid morning:
Balance bar
Beverage=water

lunch:
can of tuna or coldcuts or steak sandwitch or peanut butter and milk
Beverage=water or milk

afternoon snack:
tuna or milk or peanut butter or steak sandwich
Beverage=water or milk

dinner:
meat, rice, (or fish)
Beverage=water

bedtime snack
tuna or protein shake
Beverage=water or milk

----------------------------------------------------------
I have cut out:

chocolate
junk food (potato chips, pork rinds etc)
soda

I have switched to
chunk light tuna in water
light mayonaise

I have decided to drink at least 2 glasses of milk a day and 8 glasses of water.

I've actually gained strength on this diet....I used to eat 3 or 4 big meals which I think is why I gained fat. Currently my training schedule is 3 days on , one day off. I do cardio mid intensity 4 days a week. I WAS 206lbs in winter. Last week I weighed in at 196lbs. (no , i didnt lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks lol) The fat still seems to be there. Looks like I lost muscle mass....but I'm sronger :scratch:
thanks in advance

SoulOfKoRea
05-16-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by lilpenis

Breakfeast:
cottage cheese and bagel with cream chese or beans with eggs Beverage=milk

Mid morning:
Balance bar
Beverage=water

lunch:
can of tuna or coldcuts or steak sandwitch or peanut butter and milk
Beverage=water or milk

afternoon snack:
tuna or milk or peanut butter or steak sandwich
Beverage=water or milk

dinner:
meat, rice, (or fish)
Beverage=water

bedtime snack
tuna or protein shake
Beverage=water or milk

----------------------------------------------------------
I have cut out:

chocolate
junk food (potato chips, pork rinds etc)
soda

I have switched to
chunk light tuna in water
light mayonaise

I have decided to drink at least 2 glasses of milk a day and 8 glasses of water.

I've actually gained strength on this diet....I used to eat 3 or 4 big meals which I think is why I gained fat. Currently my training schedule is 3 days on , one day off. I do cardio mid intensity 4 days a week. I WAS 206lbs in winter. Last week I weighed in at 196lbs. (no , i didnt lose 10 lbs in 2 weeks lol) The fat still seems to be there. Looks like I lost muscle mass....but I'm sronger :scratch:
thanks in advance

drop the bagel and cream cheese, and beans for breakfast

limit use of mayonnaise, it's made from fat molecules, but if you still use it, doesn't really make a difference to get "light" kind, since it's still dense on other nutrients

eat lean cuts of red meat, use skim milk, use whole wheat bread, use natural peanut butter,

need more water still, instead of drinking milk, drink water at those meals
flax oil would be a good idea to get for the days you don't consume fish or nuts.
balance bar - what is the nutritional value?

how many calories are you getting daily? it seems to me like you're eating less Calories than me at 131 lbs.

2 weeks and you've lost muscle mass? that seems a little off....you're dropping way too many Cals then.
you need to eat more.

Ironman8
05-16-2003, 03:35 PM
>drop the bagel and cream cheese, and beans for breakfast

He doesn't have to drop the bagal, just replace the cream cheese with cottage cheese or something.

>limit use of mayonnaise, it's made from fat molecules, but if you still use it, doesn't really make a difference to get "light" kind, since it's still dense on other nutrients

Mayo isn't bad. It only has 1.5 grams of saturated fat, and it's a good way to get some extra fat in his diet. But, just don't go all out on it.

>eat lean cuts of red meat, use skim milk, use whole wheat bread, use natural peanut butter,

Skim milk isn't ideal for cutting, due to the sugar.

>2 weeks and you've lost muscle mass?

Yup, lilpenis, aim for losing a pound per week.

captnjosh
05-16-2003, 03:48 PM
How about adding in some vegetables?

Ironman8
05-16-2003, 03:54 PM
Ya, vegetables are a good source of fiber. But, IMO, stay away from the fruit, due to the sugar.

lilpenis
05-16-2003, 04:12 PM
losing muscle mass sucks. It's depressing as hell to see all your hardwork go down the poo poo almost over night.

I can only move forward now I guess. I was trying for too much at one time and being impatient.

The reason I drink milk is for calcium. I'm not sure how many calories I'm intaking. I don't really have cheat days.

8 glasses of water a day isnt enough? I'm a fountain as it is

lilpenis
05-16-2003, 04:13 PM
thanks for all the replies btw

Ironman8
05-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by lilpenis

8 glasses of water a day isnt enough? I'm a fountain as it is

A gallon or more a day is recommended.