PDA

View Full Version : New Member- Constructive Crit. Appreciated

jasondw078
05-17-2003, 02:32 AM
Hey all wanted to give a hello to all on this board. 14 months ago i was a terribly out of shape 6ft 185 pounds. Partying to much and not doing to much with anything. Have turned to weightlifting as a focus and have made great gains personally and in the gym. As of the 22nd of APRIL when this picture was taken i am 23 years old 232 pounds and i think looking allright... Im pretty clueless when it comes to suppliments just been eating huge and training hard and consistant. here is my pic let me know were i could improve.Please send me some advice when it comes to supplimentation , i have only been taking creatine and TONS of protien. HELP!

jason

Ironman8
05-17-2003, 09:18 PM
Welcome! You're looking awesome.

RG570
05-17-2003, 09:22 PM
traps look huge. everything else looks very big, amazing results for 14 months. Pecs lack some thickness, and they are totally dwarfed by your traps. keep up the good work!

jasondw078
05-18-2003, 01:19 AM
thanks for the comment ,,, ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR FILLING OUT THE PECS TO BRING THEM UP TO MY TRAPS,,,, THEY ARE KINDA MY WEAK POINT?

heathj
05-18-2003, 04:15 AM
Jesus. This post looks familiar. What's your deal, kid?

PeterParker
05-18-2003, 05:26 AM
looking good man, welcome to the boards .

chris mason
05-18-2003, 11:00 AM
Hmmmmm. Let's see, I am bigger than most bodybuilders were able to achieve before the advent of steroid use. I have only been training a little over a year and I just have no idea what I am doing....

Hmmmm, sounds a bit fishy to me.

jasondw078
05-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Sounds Fishy??? i dont know what ya mean my friend , and yes i may be 230+ pounds but as anyone can see there im not cut to the bone like a bodybuilder. So i wouldnt say by any means im "bigger than most bodybuilders before the advent of steroids". Been lifting for 14 months give or take a bit , dont see the point of posting on here if i was going to lie about anything. Came to this forum to get postive input to help my training because i am admittly not as knowledgable as im sure most using the board. I WANT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ME SO FAR , AND TO THOSE WHO WOULD JUST EITHER BE SARCASTIC AND CONDECENDING , MAYBE IF YOU PUT AS MUCH EFFORT INTO LIFTING YOU WOULD MAKE MORE PROGRESS IN THE GYM.

heathj
05-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Hahaha...yeah Chris, maybe if you put that much effort in, you'd actually see reslts....jason, stfu!

jasondw078
05-18-2003, 04:08 PM
im not sure were your ill feelings are coming from health , i have looked at pics Chris has posted and he has seen what looks like good success to the goals of strength training which seems to be his main focus.( havent seen any of your pics though) The point of my last post, which seems to have flown way over your head is that i dont see the point in waisting his, your , and my time with posts that have nothing to do with training but questioning things they do or dont believe. I have also seen many of your posts around this board and dont seem to get why you deem it necessary to have a riduculous negative response to anyone who takes the time to ask questions and look for applicable answers. I can understand were chris is coming from for i find it hard to believe the roughly 50 pounds i have gained in such a small amount of time. I have also seen his posts around this board and they seem to be actually very to the point and pertanient to the questions asked. He seems to be very knowledgable , maybe you could follow his and others lead and work your body as much as your smart mouth.

WestyHeadbanger
05-19-2003, 04:45 AM
Looking tops Jason. Have you tried heavy DB presses for your chest?? It doesn't seem to be lagging that badly, you might just need to focus on it for a while.

I honestly wouldn't expect that post from a guy like Chris.

You're getting there very nicely Jason and I wish i had a base like yours to work from but i don't. Good to see a bigger guy putting some real work in, I have friends with a similar 'natural' build to you who are very slack in the gym and it annoys me to see potential go to waste and then here them complain about not making gains. I know what you mean about people posting more than they lift and I will back you on that one.

jasondw078
05-19-2003, 05:54 AM
thank westy,,, i apprecaite the advice was thinking of the DB route myself i guess i was just trying to stick to what has worked. And since that particular routine has worked for me in the past i think i was just to comfortable. i will try switching to DB'ss this week well see how it all works out,,, i was curious to what you think i worth while suppliment wise top ones i heard of ( i can afford really )

1. creatine
2. glutamine
3. ZMA
4. obviously alot of protien

Im being led toward he Prohormone route,, not sure if iwant to screw with any of that.... here is a before pic from about 18 months ago to see were i am coming from ...lol,, never really had much to work with but have had good gains up till now... thanks again for the response

jason

galileo
05-19-2003, 10:45 AM
If you can make that progress natural, you should likely opt for professional bodybuilding.

WillKuenzel
05-19-2003, 11:56 AM
That's about 56 weeks. A pound a week. I don't see how that is so hard to believe, especially if he is an endo-mesomorph like it looks like he is now.

Looking big, and don't bother with the pro-hormones man.

MonkeyBoy
05-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by jasondw078
Hey all wanted to give a hello to all on this board. 14 months ago i was a terribly out of shape 6ft 185 pounds. Partying to much and not doing to much with anything. Have turned to weightlifting as a focus and have made great gains personally and in the gym. As of the 22nd of APRIL when this picture was taken i am 23 years old 232 pounds and i think looking allright... Im pretty clueless when it comes to suppliments just been eating huge and training hard and consistant. here is my pic let me know were i could improve.Please send me some advice when it comes to supplimentation , i have only been taking creatine and TONS of protien. HELP!

jason

You look good. Don't listen to these morons....

Brawl
05-20-2003, 08:48 PM
You look good dude , work on the chest a little more and don't listen to those bitches pissing and moaning .