PDA

View Full Version : Potatoes...

SickleCellXXL
05-18-2003, 09:10 AM
I quit eating white rice so I eat a mashed potato once in a while. I never eat plenty of it but I eat a couple a day.

The reason is do this is becuase nothing else really fills me up besides rice/potatoes.

Good or bad and what would you eat?

bradley
05-18-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by SickleCellXXL
I quit eating white rice so I eat a mashed potato once in a while. I never eat plenty of it but I eat a couple a day.

The reason is do this is becuase nothing else really fills me up besides rice/potatoes.

Good or bad and what would you eat?

Well the potatoes would be pretty high on the GI. Have you thought about trying sweet potatoes which would be a better carb choice IMO. Also thing like beans, veggies, etc. would be better choices than mashed potatoes.

Manveet
05-18-2003, 10:12 AM
go with brown rice a yam or sweet potato instead.

PeterParker
05-18-2003, 10:15 AM
if you enjoy potatoes and white rice, try mixing them with broccoli , coliflower ect, this will slow down the carb absorbsion into the bloodstream.

Silverback
05-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Boiled spuds aint bad they have a GI of 62 compared with oatmeal which is 56. they are very cheap too :)

Berserker
05-18-2003, 12:22 PM
I am not afraid of potatoes. But I don't eat alot of them when cutting.

GhettoSmurf
05-18-2003, 01:38 PM
you could always cooked a sweet potato and then mash it, and top it with some cinnamon. that always fills me up nicely. but like other people suggested, you could also try fibrous things like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel spouts, beans, those all can have a tendency to fill you up.

Ironman8
05-18-2003, 05:11 PM
But if you're cutting, I would try to stay away from fiberous fruit (due to the sugar).