PDA

View Full Version : TKD Question

Ace
05-18-2003, 03:39 PM
As I understand it, the TKD is basically the same as a SKD where the protein, fat and cals are basically the same, but with the TKD, I get around 25-50g high GI carbs pre workout.

If this is the case, I can just use my spreadsheet with all the calculations for the CKD that I did for 5 weeks.

On that thought, I might post my spreadsheet on that so people could use it.

bradley
05-18-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Ace
As I understand it, the TKD is basically the same as a SKD where the protein, fat and cals are basically the same, but with the TKD, I get around 25-50g high GI carbs pre workout.

Yes most people prefer high GI carbs pre-workout to avoid stomach problems during training. I would recommend something like maltodextrin, smarties candies, or even a bagel or something like that. Experimenting with different carb sources would probably be the best way to go. Carbs should be ingested about 30-45 minutes prior to training.

Ironman8
05-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Also, some liquid with high GI carbs is good, since it gets delivered to the bloodstream immediately. I suggest a protein shake with maltodextrin or dextrose. Or even Gatorade.

Ace
05-18-2003, 10:06 PM
So could I use my CKD spreadsheet for a TKD diet?

bradley
05-19-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Ace
So could I use my CKD spreadsheet for a TKD diet?

I didn't look at the spreadsheet but your original statement was correct so I am assuming you can.

Ironman8
05-19-2003, 08:11 AM
Yup, that spread sheet you made looks very good. I would use it.

Ace
05-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by bradley

I didn't look at the spreadsheet but your original statement was correct so I am assuming you can. Cool....I think I will use it then. I am starting the TKD today so I will let you guys know how it goes.

Ace
05-19-2003, 08:28 AM
As it is, I am just going to be using my old numbers which are 206g fat, 200g protein ed. I will no longer be doing the carbup and I willl take in approximately 40g of high GI carbs 45 minutes pre workout. I think I will get some sweet tarts or Smarties.

bradley
05-19-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Ace
I think I will get some sweet tarts or Smarties.

I would check the ingredients on the sweet tarts before using them. I know that fructose is not a good carb source to be using as far as pre-workout carbs go, and I am not for sure if sweet tarts contain fructose or not (i.e. high fructose corn syrup). I do know that smarties are primarly maltodextrin which would be a better choice IMO.

I will no longer be doing the carbup

I think incorporating refeeds would still be something that should be done so as to keep your leptin levels up. I posted a link in the other thread you have about balanced diets that has a lot of good information on refeeds.

Ace
05-19-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by bradley
I think incorporating refeeds would still be something that should be done so as to keep your leptin levels up. I posted a link in the other thread you have about balanced diets that has a lot of good information on refeeds. That is good to hear! :) I don't know if I could go a week without a refeed. I consider them my cheat days to an extent.

Scott S
05-19-2003, 02:18 PM
bradley: Sweettarts are good, too. They're all dextrose/maltodextrin. Too bad most other candy has to have fructose in it.