PDA

View Full Version : Protein powder in recipes besides shakes

Jane
08-11-2001, 08:38 PM
For anyone who may remember me, I'm back from Europe. :)

Anyway, I got this biga** thing of vanilla protein powder sitting here, and I'm looking for stuff to do with it. I'm not a big fan of drinking calories, and I have a bunch of shake recipes already, so does anyone know if you can bake stuff with it or something? Can you mix some in oatmeal or cereal? And how much? What about protein cookies? :) Are those possible? Oh, how about mixing tuna and powder? or eggwhite omelet and powder? or protein pancakes? Sorry if these seem ridiculous, but I'm just brainstorming :help:

TvR8oRage
08-11-2001, 09:23 PM
experiment, evreything you listed can be done (protein TUNA)
nasty i dont think that would be very good, oatmeal, pancakes, cup cakes, brownies, muffins anything you use floor just substitute part of the floor with protein powder, some powders cook better then others so youll just have to try it and see
if you pancake recipe call for one cup pancake mix use 1/2 cup pancake mix and 1/2 cup protein powder etc etc. if you try it with tuna let me know i have a feeling you want like that one.

Yaz
08-12-2001, 12:51 PM
It's OK in Oats. I do it every morning.

1/2 Cup Oats
1 Scoop Chocolate Isopure
1 Tbsp. Peanut butter

Frankster
08-12-2001, 02:31 PM
mMMmMMMmmm proteintuna

nejar462
08-13-2001, 07:32 AM
Try putting it in in pudding.

mds_79
08-17-2001, 01:02 PM
i put it in bran muffins

ummmm!

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-17-2001, 01:12 PM
Protein cakes sound georgeous.

Just make sure that you add a bit more milk or water to mixture to make it less dry. You could even use a different flavour to make a topping for it!

Cookies also sound lush.

protein scones? tea cakes?

why not get some unflavoured stuff and make bread?!