PDA

View Full Version : can't eat fish or eggs, but need to diet - help?!

cantspell
05-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Hi there,
I've tried and even with succes a protien diet, I think something more like a CKD. But i'm too busy and feel like CRAP after a few days of low carbs. And as i'm allergic to eggs and fish, im stuck with chicken and meat and it's a little too expensive and killing my taste buds.
So, what sort of other diets can i do? I usually take a diet pill and am thinking of doing one with an appetiet surpressant. I would also like to (if possible) still slowly build muscle/strength, which i suppose with a TKD is sort of theortical possible? Anyways, if anyone could help, i'd greatly appreciate it. I've overcome a lot with a having a ton of allergies, but this is really becomming a pain in the butt.
Thanks
Matt.

bradley
05-21-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by cantspell

So, what sort of other diets can i do?

I would just follow a more balanced approach to dieting since you didn't have much success with the ketogenic diet. The TKD is still a ketogenic diet so I feel like you will run into the same problems you had with the CKD. The ketogenic diets are not a magical diet that will instantly melt fat off of your body. As long as you are creating a caloric deficit through diet, training, or a combination of the two then you will lose weight.

Just make sure and get sufficient amounts of protein and EFA's in your diet. I recommend 1g of protein per lb of bw and approximately 25-30% of daily calories coming from fat (mostly healthy sources). The rest of your cals can come from low GI carbs or one of the other macronutrients, it really is not that important as long as your body is getting adequate protein and EFA's.

Just take you current calorie level and decrease it in small increments each week until you are losing about a pound a week.

. I would also like to (if possible) still slowly build muscle/strength, which i suppose with a TKD is sort of theortical possible?

Possible yes, but not likely. I am not saying that you can't gain muscle and lose fat, but I think you will have much more success by concentrating on one goal at a time. Gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time will be more likely to occur in people new to training.

GhettoSmurf
05-21-2003, 04:32 AM

But i'm too busy and feel like CRAP after a few days of low carbs. And as i'm allergic to eggs and fish, im stuck with chicken and meat and it's a little too expensive and killing my taste buds.

are you allergic to dairy? if you need some other sources of protein, you could try and get some cottage cheese (even though thats probably more expensive then the chicken. or do you have any soy or whey powder? what kind of meat are you getting? usually ground sirloin is pretty cheap around here. or have you ever thought about different ways of making the chicken or meat?
maybe you could find some tasty recipes in the recipe section?

Ironman8
05-21-2003, 07:08 AM

So, what sort of other diets can i do?

Well, if you can't do CKD or TKD, I suggest, as Bradley mentioned, be at a calorie deficit at the end of the day.