PDA

View Full Version : Bulking diet meal help

primetime18
05-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Here's the info: 19 years old, 155lbs, fast metabolism, bulking for a few months. Set my calories per day at 2650 to start with a ratio of 35% protein, 40% carb, 25% fat. That's 235g of protein per day, 265g of carbs and 75 g of fats. Six meals per day approx 39g/44g/12.5g of P C F per meal.

I'm in the midst of trying to compile a meal schedule/grocery list. I know the essentials; eggs, tuna, chicken beef, oatmeal etc. What I'm unsure about is the quantities to take of each to stay within the 39/44/12.5 breakdown per meal. As well, I work in a buffet 5 nights a week and generally end up eating my dinner there. I try to stick to the beef, chicken, salad, and stir fry, maybe the rice, but is there a general rule for knowing how many calories I'm eating?

Thanks

captnjosh
05-21-2003, 01:46 PM
I wouldn't worry about meeting a specific breakdown per meal. If you are getting enough protein and fat at the end of the day you'll be alright.

primetime18
05-21-2003, 01:53 PM
I won't be in the end, but I wanted to try and stay strict for the first couple weeks so I had an idea of the value of certain foods and what/how much i could have. After the first two weeks or so I should be able to mix and match foods/meals with ease and incorporate new foods into my diet. It's just getting the first few days down. I'm stuck flipping between the forums and fitday.com.

bradley
05-21-2003, 04:12 PM
There is no reason to really worry about making each meal fit into the guidelines you have above. It will not hurt anything if some meals have a little more/less of each macronutrient than the others. As long as you are getting in enough protein and EFA's at the end of the day you will be fine.

I would recommend just figuring out what protein source you will use at each meal and then build out from there. For example, if you are trying to make each meal 500 cals and you eat 180 calories of chicken then that will leave you 320 cals to play with. Add in your carb source and then throw in a little fat. If one meal is larger than the other it will be okay.

It takes a while to get everything planned out but once you get the initial plan figured out it will become much easier.

bradley
05-21-2003, 04:14 PM
I find this site to be useful as well when trying to food out the calorie content of different foods.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR15/sr15.html

Ironman8
05-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by primetime18
I'm in the midst of trying to compile a meal schedule/grocery list.

Here's (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26368&highlight=grocery+list) a good list of what people around here usually buy.