i had 4 eggos with extra sirup
a bowl of cereal
a bowl of strawberry ice cream
and a 2 liter of 2% milk

gotta love cheat days

thank god im cutting...:D

GhettoSmurf
05-21-2003, 07:32 PM
remember. its not a cheat day. its a strategic metaboilism booster ;)

Ironman8
05-21-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
remember. its not a cheat day. its a strategic metaboilism booster ;)

Heh, exactly. But, it sucks when your cheatdays go on for 5 days :(

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8

Heh, exactly. But, it sucks when your cheatdays go on for 5 days :(

heh heh, that's just called no will power

bradley
05-22-2003, 04:32 AM
If you are above 15% bf or so refeeds/cheat days are not going to help much in respect to metabolism/leptin levels. Although they can be psychologically beneficial.

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by bradley
If you are above 15% bf or so refeeds/cheat days are not going to help much in respect to metabolism/leptin levels. Although they can be psychologically beneficial.

even if you are cutting with that high of a BF %? i thought if you were dieting with a calorie defieciet(sp) it was always beneficial to have one every once in a while. i didnt know BF % made a diff.

Ironman8
05-22-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by bradley

That's pretty true. When I cut at a 16% BF, I didn't feel like cheating at all. But when I dropped to 9%, I have to cheat every weekend :(

BobbyRS
05-22-2003, 07:00 AM
I agree with bradley. Remember, leptin is a hormone released from fat cells. The higher the amount of bf, the higher amount of leptin in the body that can be produced from it. Therefore, not really needing the refeeds as much as opposed to being a low bf% and not able to produce enough leptin needed when dieting (starving). The amount of bf% you have effects how fast or slow your leptin levels respond. My cut off for refeeds is at 14%bf. When ever I get to 14%bf my body tends to put on more fat then muscle. So, that is where I limit my bulking and stay away from refeeds. When I am cutting and I am below 14%bf, then HELLO refeeds:)

BobbyRS
05-22-2003, 07:06 AM
That's pretty true. When I cut at a 16% BF, I didn't feel like cheating at all. But when I dropped to 9%, I have to cheat every weekend

Sounds right... seeing how at a lower body fat% you produce less leptin, therefore, when dieting, causing your metabolism to slow and increasing your appetite. Exactly the opposite happens when you reach 16%bf or when I reach 14%bf because of the higher amount of fat/leptin.

gino
05-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by NO2
woohooo i love my cheat days..
well today was junk food day for me
i had 4 eggos with extra sirup
a bowl of cereal
a bowl of strawberry ice cream
and a 2 liter of 2% milk

gotta love cheat days

thank god im cutting...:D

That's a chest day? If you weigh 110 lbs maybe... Here's a classic example of the cheat day I had during my last cut. Cheat day took place every sunday, and we(my roommate and I) called it "POWER SUNDAY."

Wake up noon-ish, and get to taco bell for 1:00. On way home, pick up Ben & Jerrys and bag of BBQ chips. Let the ice cream soften up for a while and then eat half the container and the bag of chips around 4:00. 7:00 order pizza & wings from dominos. 10:00 finish off ice cream and raid kitchen for any other assorted junk to munch on for a while. Go to bed around midnight. My weekly diet was so impecable, I'd maintain sub 8% bodyfat even with this rediculous cheat day(6000+ calories). The next couple of days after this cheat day I'd be starving constantly even righ after eating, but the hunger would subside by mid week.

SoulOfKoRea
05-23-2003, 12:21 PM
and I thought my cheat days were bad!

bryancore
05-23-2003, 12:31 PM
Wow...

Ironman8
05-23-2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by gino

That's a chest day? If you weigh 110 lbs maybe... Here's a classic example of the cheat day I had during my last cut. Cheat day took place every sunday, and we(my roommate and I) called it "POWER SUNDAY."

Wake up noon-ish, and get to taco bell for 1:00. On way home, pick up Ben & Jerrys and bag of BBQ chips. Let the ice cream soften up for a while and then eat half the container and the bag of chips around 4:00. 7:00 order pizza & wings from dominos. 10:00 finish off ice cream and raid kitchen for any other assorted junk to munch on for a while. Go to bed around midnight. My weekly diet was so impecable, I'd maintain sub 8% bodyfat even with this rediculous cheat day(6000+ calories). The next couple of days after this cheat day I'd be starving constantly even righ after eating, but the hunger would subside by mid week.

LOL! Think that's bad, check out the "worst cheatday" topic at the elite fitness boards.