PDA

View Full Version : proposed diet.. what do you guys think...

White_lightning
05-22-2003, 02:02 AM
what do you guys think?

Mystic Eric
05-22-2003, 03:14 AM
Wtf?? Aren't you that huge guy? I reckon your body needs more than 1600 cals a day even if you're cutting.

bradley
05-22-2003, 04:22 AM
What is your weight, bf%? Need a some more info.:)

IceRgrrl
05-22-2003, 05:38 AM
OMG! I'd starve on that...I think you need to eat more, but then as the others said, what are your stats right now?

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 05:46 AM
i think i would starve on that diet. Even though i dont know your stats, i think you'll want to eat more

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 05:52 AM
i just checks your stats from the thread w/ your pic. heck man, you NEED to eat more then that! your twice as big as me, and according to your diet i eat twice as much as you!
IMO you'll lose way too much muscle on a diet like that.

what is your diet currently like?

White_lightning
05-22-2003, 06:38 AM
I wouldnt say the word " diet" and my current eating regiment.. I know i have the genetics to put on mass fairly eaisly.. im willing to lose a couple of pounds of muscle to lose 20-30 lbs of fat..
Last year i went from 292 to 273 in 6 weeks on a similar diet + carido and weight lifting. I know its WAY WAY to low.. but to tell you the truth.. thats ALOT more "good callories" them im getting right now.. most of my food now consists of crap.

also.. i might substitute low fat or skimmed milk to lower my "fat calories".. 33% fat calories seems a little hight to me.
d.

Ironman8
05-22-2003, 06:56 AM
Why don't you experiment? Like, start at 3000 calories (reasonable for your weight), and decrease until you are losing a pound per week.

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Why don't you experiment? Like, start at 3000 calories (reasonable for your weight), and decrease until you are losing a pound per week.

where do you get 3000 from?

Here's a suggestion WL. Try logging what you are currently eating at www.fitday.com to give you an idea of how many calories you are eating a day. Then if you have been gaining weight by eating that many calories, try lowering your calorie intake a bit. And then try that for a week. And then keep doing that until you find an intake where you are losing about 1 pound a week.

White_lightning
05-22-2003, 07:54 AM
hmm.. im looking for a little more then a pound a week initial weight loss.. i think a poud a week is fine if you are at 8-10%.. but im a fatty at 30ish %.. a pound a week is WAY to slow.

454SS
05-22-2003, 08:39 AM
that diet is way to harsh for someone your size no matter what unless you want no muscle left. The maximum fat loss per week is 2.5 lbs and maintaining the muscle , but even thats pushing it. Ya i know you want the fat to come off fast. dont we all!! Have paitience and work hard at it and you will get what you want but it takes time and dedication. I use this chart for my quantites of food its a good guidline to start with and from there you can tweak it.

http://www3.telus.net/454ss/meals.gif

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 11:06 AM
lol, thats actually a pretty cool chart.

White_lightning
05-22-2003, 11:20 AM
that chart is telling me i have to have 360g of protine.. or 60 PER MEAL!!!! THATS NUTS!!! i thought the body cant absorb more then 30-40 every 3 hours? or am i smoking crack?.. there is no way in hell i can eat that much crap in a day.. it would kill me.

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by White_lightning
that chart is telling me i have to have 360g of protine.. or 60 PER MEAL!!!! THATS NUTS!!! i thought the body cant absorb more then 30-40 every 3 hours? or am i smoking crack?.. there is no way in hell i can eat that much crap in a day.. it would kill me.

you might be surprised at how many calories you are actually eating. especially since you say that you dont necessarily eat that "cleanly" at the moment. junk food adds up pretty quick calorie-wise.

i mean
2 double cheese burgers and a large fries might not seem like that much.

but actually thats already ~1500 calories.

White_lightning
05-22-2003, 11:28 AM
i agree 100%.. but eating Crap calories VS eating Clean calories.. im assuming for me to get those calories.. we arent talking about eating 3 big macs;)
you realised how much chicken boob i would have to eat?:)

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 11:44 AM

you realised how much chicken boob i would have to eat?:)

so THATS what big-macs and chicken nuggets are made out of! ;)

yeah, i do understand what you mean. i mean i try to eat 3000 some odd calories of clean food and just doing that is a pain in the @$$.

i'd stil say try to eat what you can. and maybe shoot for losing at most 2 or 2.5 pounds a week, AT MOST. believe me man, you dont look that bad in the pics. and excuse the language but you have a HELL of a lot of muscle on ya man. and if you can keep most of that muscle mass while you drop some BF% you will be one seriously good looking beast! :D

White_lightning
05-22-2003, 11:58 AM
thanks.. now all i have to do is get my fat ass on the treadmill.. my BIGEST hold back is motivation.. i used to move aLOT more weight then i am now.. and had a GOOD consistant training partner.. and well, thats not happening any more.. so im tring to stayed focused just lifting alone...

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 12:15 PM
i agree, finding motivation can be tough, but just think of how ripped you'll be when you drop some BF%. i demand to see pics ;) good luck bro! also, are you keeping an online journal on the site?

White_lightning
05-22-2003, 12:19 PM
yeah.. there is a link in my sig.. i just started updating it again..

GhettoSmurf
05-22-2003, 12:24 PM
yeah.. there is a link in my sig.. i just started updating it again..
whoops sorry

i didnt even notice :rolleyes:

bradley
05-22-2003, 01:22 PM

I wouldn't worry about what that chart says. First off the formulas it uses do not account for metabolism, bf %, activity level, etc. Secondly, I don't see any reason to keep protein levels at 1.25g per pound of bw. 1g per lb of bw is plenty IMO.

hmm.. im looking for a little more then a pound a week initial weight loss.. i think a poud a week is fine if you are at 8-10%.. but im a fatty at 30ish %.. a pound a week is WAY to slow.

Sounds like if you just clean up your diet a little and still eat enough calories you will drop weight at a good rate. The weight should come off easily once you get the diet going strong. Just make small changes with your diet and training program, as I think small changes over time are much easier to stick to than drastic changes made all at once.

Ironman8
05-22-2003, 05:50 PM
Good luck White. If you need you more motivation, just post at this board :). Everyone around here is awesome.

ChuckieT
05-22-2003, 09:27 PM
You're basically eating the same thing for most of your meals huh... :boring:

Anyway, another thing to look at is to take out all that Miracle whip crap. Sub that stuff out with some EFAs.

White_lightning
05-22-2003, 10:32 PM
after you eat ALOT of tuna:) the miracle whip is the only thing stopping you from going out and sinking all the tuna trawlers:)

bradley
05-23-2003, 03:03 AM
I am curious if you are going to increase your cals over the small amount that you had originally planned. If so what is the diet going to look like?

GhettoSmurf
05-23-2003, 04:30 AM
after you eat ALOT of tuna:) the miracle whip is the only thing stopping you from going out and sinking all the tuna trawlers:)

have you ever though about mixing the tuna with some mustad? or some salsa?

Ironman8
05-23-2003, 06:55 AM
I like mixing mine with some margarine.

White_lightning
05-23-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

have you ever though about mixing the tuna with some mustad? or some salsa?
hmmm salsa.. thats not a bad idea.... mustard... no thanks:)

454SS
05-23-2003, 07:04 AM
MMMmm salsa is good with tuna , but so is mustard. but if you try it with mustard warm it just a tad, tastes better that way.

hope to see everything work out for you
:)

bradley
05-23-2003, 08:27 AM
I like mixing mine with some margarine.

Most margerine is full of trans fats. I would stick with the mayo or something else. I personally like Mrs. Dash and a little Tabasco:)

ChuckieT
05-23-2003, 10:57 AM
You also don't need to be always eating Tuna. Grill some chicken breasts or lean ground turkey to add variety.

Ironman8
05-23-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by bradley

Most margerine is full of trans fats. I would stick with the mayo or something else.

Heh, I know that. I buy the type that says trans fat free, that apparently has 2 grams fat, 0 being saturated, 1.5 being polysaturated, and 8 being monosaturated.

GhettoSmurf
05-23-2003, 04:57 PM

Heh, I know that. I buy the type that says trans fat free, that apparently has 2 grams fat, 0 being saturated, 1.5 being polysaturated, and 8 being monosaturated.

might wanna check the math on that... 0+1.5+8 doesnt = 2 :(

and usually margerine is made of like partially-hydrogenated crap

Ironman8
05-23-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

might wanna check the math on that... 0+1.5+8 doesnt = 2 :(

That's true. Apparently, the company that made the "trans fat" butter is lying :D

bradley
05-24-2003, 04:31 AM

That's true. Apparently, the company that made the "trans fat" butter is lying :D

:confused::scratch:

GhettoSmurf
05-24-2003, 05:29 AM

:confused::scratch: :withstupi

Ironman8
05-24-2003, 07:20 AM

:confused::scratch:

Well, I checked the label, and it has 2 grams of fat, 0.5 coming from polysaturated fats, and 1.5 coming from mono. I was thinking of peanut butter :D. BUT, they're lying about the trans fat free part. The ingrediants are

water, liquid canola oil, partially hydrogenated soy oil, etc.

bradley
05-24-2003, 07:45 AM

Well, I checked the label, and it has 2 grams of fat, 0.5 coming from polysaturated fats, and 1.5 coming from mono. I was thinking of peanut butter :D. BUT, they're lying about the trans fat free part. The ingrediants are

water, liquid canola oil, partially hydrogenated soy oil, etc.

What brand is it?

Ironman8
05-24-2003, 07:49 AM
"Smart Beat".