PDA

View Full Version : Cutting and need a well thought out, organized diet

Ace
05-22-2003, 09:55 PM
Some of you know that I did the CKD for 5.5 weeks and lost about 5% body fat. This was due to the fact that the diet was very well organized and researched. It laid out the numbers for me to follow and what I should do step by step.

Now, I am no newbie when it comes to diets, but I have a feeling that if I just eat right and watch what I eat, things could be bad because I don't have any sort of organization.

I am looking for a diet like a keto diet, the Omega Diet, Body for Life, etc, etc (you get the point) that I could follow. I love the fact that I am going by a diet that has been extensively researched and laid out already.

Can any of you give me any names of diets for losing BF? Preferably one that is recognized and has a lot of information about it and please don't say the Atkins diet. :)

bradley
05-23-2003, 02:51 AM
Have you looked into the NHE diet (Natural Hormonal Enhancement). There is a book written by Rob Faigin that might be worth taking a look at. There have been some people on this board who have had success with it. There are plenty of fad diets out there. Everything from the Zone Diet to Sugar Busters. Although most all come down to eating below maintenance to lose weight.

I don't really understand why you need a diet to follow. If you eat less than you maintenance cals then you should be fine and throw in some planned refeeds as needed. If you want to be meticulous about your diet then sit down and plan out some meal plans and get all the breakdowns organized and follow it to the letter. I am sure you know how many cals you were taking in while performing the CKD, so somewhere around that amount would be a good place to start. Maybe start out at a little higher calorie intake at first for good measure.

Ironman8
05-23-2003, 07:02 AM
Do whatever diet you're comfortable with. CKD, TKD, or simply cutting calories. Each diet won't make your BF disappear in a week, you have to be patient.

Ace
05-23-2003, 07:16 AM
I know that decreasing my caloric intake is the way to go, but, like I said, I need some kind of organization. I do not do well just winging it. I will look into that NHE diet, bradley.

I just like knowing the fact that I am following a well researched diet that I know will work. I have no desire to make up my own diet and if I do, I will probably end up cheating on it because I don't have a set schedule to go by.

Thanks for the replies guys!