PDA

View Full Version : help

mic79
05-23-2003, 02:46 AM
ive been on a low carb diet for months losing a good 30 lbs in the process.Then i decided to take a week off to reset my metabolism by ingesting 500 cals above maintenace from mainly carbs.started off going nuts with high gi then starches as the week progressd.the problem is though i cant get off the carbs a week after my planned refeed!Before i was on a keto type diet and apart from a small refeed on saturdays i never gave carbs a second thaught.Now i crave cereals and candys 24/7.How the hell can i get out this rut?btw im at 12%bf.thnx in advance

bradley
05-23-2003, 03:30 AM
I have seen glutamine recommended to help curb carb cravings but I am not sure how well this works. You could give that a shot and also try replacing some of the carb foods that you are eating with something sweet that has no carbs. Maybe sugar free jello and some whipping cream, or one of the many low carb snacks or protein bars that are out there.

mic79
05-24-2003, 08:07 AM
that makes sense because i actually ran out of glutamine all this week and last. :)Your spot on thnx

bryancore
05-24-2003, 11:14 AM
So in your oppinion Mic glutamine curbs carb cravings?

mic79
05-24-2003, 12:18 PM
can never be 100% sure of course but i'd say more than likely.i spread small 2g doses throughout the day.a coincedance?who knows.