PDA

View Full Version : White Trash Cookin'!

Tryska
05-23-2003, 02:16 PM
i ain't white, and i ain't trashy (altho that's arguable) but i want some of y'alls recipes.

casseroles, desserts, whatever.

bonus points for anything using ground beef, canned tuna, or :spam:

WillKuenzel
05-23-2003, 02:23 PM
One of my favorites:

brown a pound of ground beef
boil some noodle (I prefer macronni but whatever)

mix 2, combine with one cream of celery
serve with Pillsbury dough boy's crescent rolls

heaven on a plate

Tryska
05-23-2003, 02:27 PM
oooh yum...i've never had cream of celery before.....but i like crescent rolls.

speaking of tuna - i got one....

1 box macaroni and cheese (kraft dinner preferably)
1 can tuna

cook the macaroni according to directions, add tuna. (i like sauteeitng the tuna first unitl it's kinda firm and crispy with some seasonings like cayenne and a little garlic powder and pepper before mixing it in)

PowerManDL
05-23-2003, 02:57 PM
I cut up chicken breasts and mix it in with ramen noodles, then top w/ mozzarella cheese.

Tryska
05-23-2003, 02:58 PM
cooked chicken breasts right? and what flavor ramen?

Tryska
05-23-2003, 03:02 PM
here's another recipe i came across, that i'm really tempted to try....

spam
tater tots
eggs
velveeta

saute spam in a pan, then fry tater tots in the drippings. whisk some egs and pour over the top, cover with velveeta slices. flip to make an omelette.

i thinkt hat owuld taste good with some butter white toast, and tang. or sunny delight.

carolinagirl
05-23-2003, 07:22 PM
Baked Spaghetti a la K&W Cafeteria

Make spaghetti like normal. Mix the sauce and the (boiled) noodles together, along with some ketchup (yes.) and plenty of grated cheddar cheese. Put more grated cheddar cheese on top.

Bake at about 350 for 30 minutes or so.

Eat like hell.

(More to come. T. ;))

Saint Patrick
05-23-2003, 10:46 PM
1 Banana
1 Jar Natty PB
1 Quart Milk

-Peel Banana
-Dip Banana in PB Jar
-Take a Bite
-Repeat with every bite, and wash down w/ Milk straight outta the carton.

Pup
06-11-2003, 08:44 PM
One of my personal favorites...

1/2 lb of ground beef
pack of ramen
cold beer

Saint Patrick
06-12-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Pup
One of my personal favorites...

1/2 lb of ground beef
pack of ramen
cold beer

Do you bother to cook the ground beef and ramen, or just eat it straight out of the package?

GhettoSmurf
06-12-2003, 04:27 AM
ok: this is a KICK-ARSE recipe (DEFINATLY for a cheat day), alsthough you could substitute some ingredtients and make it relativly healthy, also i think you'd be sacraficing some taste.

Sausage over rice:
1 Roll Bob Evens breakfast sausage
White Rice
2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup

fry up 1 roll of Bob Evens breakfast sausage in a pan.
once the sausage is brown, add the 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, and turn the burner to med/low or low to slowly warm up the sausage/cream of mushroom mixture. as its warming, prepar the white rice.

then when the rice is done, put some of it in a bowl, and cover it in the sausage/cream of mushroom mixture, and enjoy!

Allie
06-12-2003, 06:06 AM
I'm suprised you all missed the Kraft macaroni and cheese with cut up hot dogs and a big 'ol glass of red Kool Aid~

Tryska
06-12-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
ok: this is a KICK-ARSE recipe (DEFINATLY for a cheat day), alsthough you could substitute some ingredtients and make it relativly healthy, also i think you'd be sacraficing some taste.

Sausage over rice:
1 Roll Bob Evens breakfast sausage
White Rice
2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup

fry up 1 roll of Bob Evens breakfast sausage in a pan.
once the sausage is brown, add the 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, and turn the burner to med/low or low to slowly warm up the sausage/cream of mushroom mixture. as its warming, prepar the white rice.

then when the rice is done, put some of it in a bowl, and cover it in the sausage/cream of mushroom mixture, and enjoy!

oh my god! i 'm gonna ahve to give this one a shot!

allie - tuna has more protein *lol*

chops
06-12-2003, 12:44 PM
-1 can o' pinto or black beans
-1 can of stewed chopped tomato, your choice of flavors ( i get the mexican one w/ jalapenos)
-1 lb whatever meat u like, uncooked ( i chop up chicken breast)
-1 cup frozen corn
-1 packet of chili seasoning

for a low maintenance, just throw in your crockpot and it about 2 hours it's done, but the longer the better. stovetop works just as well though if you don't mind tending to it. if i don't have chili seasoning, i use taco seasoning sometimes, or just sub the can of tomato w/ a jar of salsa.

this is purty good if u sub the beans w/ rice too. eliminate gas problems :)

GhettoSmurf
06-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Allie
I'm suprised you all missed the Kraft macaroni and cheese with cut up hot dogs and a big 'ol glass of red Kool Aid~

i used to have that all the time when i was a kid!!! except i would put ketchup over it as well. omg, the memories :)

Bam Bam
06-12-2003, 02:54 PM
ok two of my current favorites

1 package of kraft mac and cheese one lb of ground beef

pan full of hashbrowns mixed in with smothered onions,eggs and ham and ketchup hmmmmmmmm (you could replace ham with spam to make tryskas list)

always a good desert

chocolate icecream smothered in PB topped with whipped cream

Tryska
06-12-2003, 03:05 PM
that hashbrown recipe sounds pretty damn tasty.

Big & Tall
06-13-2003, 10:05 AM
Browned hamburg mixes great with mac and cheese of course, but one of my personal favorites is 'bowl of meat'---

Brown 3/4 to 1 lb hamburg
stir in salsa, cheese
EAT--it's like the tasty part of a taco :D

Have a carb on the side if you like, but I even eat it on my CKD--just real light on the salsa, and with bacon and extra cheese

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 10:08 AM
brown up some hamburger
mix in sliced and diced mozarella cheese (lots of it)
add mustard

I'd eat 2lbs of this and not think twice about it.

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 10:12 AM
Pan-fried Spam or bologna slices on white Wonder bread with mustard...

Hot-dogs rolled up with cheese in those packaged crescent rolls...

:)

T, check out any of the "Sweet Potato Queens" books for lots of trashy/bad for you recipes and some hilarious commentary/advice... :p

Tryska
06-13-2003, 10:15 AM
ooh! i forgot about the crescent roll hotdogs! *lol*

oscar mayer bologna and velveeta sadwiches on wonder bread with soem mayo and mustard..MMMMMMM!

god it's been a logn time...do you know i can't find wonderbread to save my life down here?

ice - it's funny you should bring up the sweet potato queens - i've actually got their first book, and my coworker has the cookbook - we're supposed to swap at some point, but he hasn't finished reading yet. *lol*

Tryska
06-13-2003, 10:16 AM
btw - thanks for the hamburger keto recipes guys! i'm planning on low-carbing a bit more next week, and need allt he fat cals i can get, to keep above 2000 calories.

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Tryska

ice - it's funny you should bring up the sweet potato queens - i've actually got their first book, and my coworker has the cookbook - we're supposed to swap at some point, but he hasn't finished reading yet. *lol*

LOL! They all should count as cookbooks b/c there's a bunch of scary recipes in every one. :p

Tryska
06-13-2003, 10:46 AM
that's very true. *lol* i'll ahve tog o through mine, sometime this weekend.

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 11:02 AM
:nod:

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 11:14 AM
Back to the topic...how about those weird Jello salad/desserts with fruit and marshmallows and stuff in them? :p

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 11:16 AM
My dad loves those fruit jello salad thingies. Don't you just pretty much take a can of fruit cocktail and toss it in after you've mixed up the jello?

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 11:21 AM
HY, I think that's one way to do it, although other people cut up fruit for it or add other canned fruits (mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, marachino cherries, etc.). Then there are some who whip up the Jello with Cool Whip to make it a colored, opaque gelatinous mass instead of a colored, clear one. ;)

J-E-L-L-O....everyone's favorite colloidal suspension! :p

Tryska
06-13-2003, 11:24 AM
anyways - Ice you got the right idea. ignore it and perhaps it will go away...

you know i tried doing the fruit in jello thing - it's actually kinda tough, cuz you ahve to wait for the jello to be semi-set and then drop the fruit in for it to hold just yet. I dunno about whipped cream and stuff tho - that's advanced jello cookery techniques.

*lol* @ colloidal suspension.

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 11:26 AM
LOL! Yeah, I remember my friend's church used to throw potluck dinners at the drop of a hat (I called it the Potluck Church, in fact...they had more fun than the Catholics) and those church ladies could create masterpieces with Jello and everyday household ingredients. That's what I remember...64,000 types of spaghetti casseroles and Jello desserts :D

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 11:28 AM
Input from my coworker: If you use the Jello "quick set" method with ice cubes instead of cold water after the hot water/dissolving, you can add the fruit right away b/c it goes right to the semi-set stage :)

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 11:29 AM
They just had a sale on some sugar free jello at the grocery store and I stocked up. Maybe its time to try out some of this stuff and experiment a little too while I'm at it. :)

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm sure if you do a Google search on Jello and recipes you'd find all kinds of interesting ideas!

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 11:53 AM
Uh oh...someone called the PC police and now we're all going to be In Big Trouble! :eek:

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 12:03 PM
ROFLMFAO!!

Tryska
06-13-2003, 12:48 PM
*lmao*

i'm surprised he doesn't have a radio or tv out there with him.

ice - ice cubes huh? i might have to try that with mandarin slices.....

homey - if oyu get hte little half-cup gladware containers you can make little single-serve jello cups! i did that last week.

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 12:51 PM
[B
homey - if oyu get hte little half-cup gladware containers you can make little single-serve jello cups! i did that last week. [/B]

That's a great idea! I'll have to try it with my protein pudding too...I may never have to leave my office... :p

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 01:00 PM
Awesome! I'll have to try that with the cups and that protein pudding sounds like a great idea. I'll have to go with chocolate though because that's the type of protein I have. Can't complain about eating chocolate though. :)

Tryska
06-13-2003, 01:06 PM
protein pudding?

ante up that recipe ice!

yeah i was thrilled to bits when they came out with the tiny 1/2 cup gladware - it's been so convenient! 6 to a box too.

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 01:09 PM
Its from her journal so I hope she doesn't mind. :)
LOL, she did say to share so...

Originally posted by IceRgrrl
Anyways, I just wanted to share my latest saving grace, which is keeping me from totally screwing my nutrition since I tend to lose my appetite/stop eating when I get stressed/upset/whatever. So here it is: the protein pudding from heaven that I could live on

1 or 2 packages fat-free/sugar-free instant pudding mix in the flavor of your choice (I like vanilla, butterscotch, and pistachio).
Cold milk according to pkg. directions.
Mix up and carefully note consistency
Add several scoops of vanilla protein powder
Add more milk to get back to original consistency
Chill and serve

Awesome! Share and enjoy...

Bam Bam
06-13-2003, 01:10 PM
dont worry hanzel tryska dreams about my cracka ass every night so she aint racist

*puts on wife beater grabs mullet wig**

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 01:12 PM
No problem, HY...it's a good recipe, if a little light on the exact instructions. You're one of the few, the proud who frequent my fine journalling space, so you have permission to quote at will! :)

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 01:17 PM
LOL, instructions? Nah we don't need any instructions. Half the fun is playing around. Its just the mess and cleaning up I don't like.

And thank you. :)

Something else we I haven't seen yet is livermush. One of my favorite meals is livermush and mac and cheese. Not mixed together but man, frying up livermush is awesome!

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 01:23 PM
I'm almost afraid to ask, but what is "livermush?" It sounds scary...

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 01:28 PM
Here is a link to how to make it from scratch. I normally buy it pre-packaged though.
http://www.chefrick.com/html/recipe19.html

Some good stuff but I'm one of the few people I've met outside my family that will eat it.

Here is another blurb about it...

What is livermush?

It's a type of North Carolina pate, made from pork liver, cornmeal, and spices. Irresistible when sliced and fried to a crisp, golden brown. On my list of favorite foods, livermush is right up there with lobster and champagne.

From here... http://www.penguinputnam.com/static/packages/us/mitford/sum96.htm

Tryska
06-13-2003, 01:32 PM
hot damn things to do with pig livers! figures it would be a north carolina thing. *lol*

ice - it seems to be kinda like scrapple, minus the snouts.

i'm gonna have to try the pudding recipe - but it's gotta be the sugared kind.

and bam you know i love your crackariffic ass!

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 01:33 PM
I was just going to say "sounds like what we call scrapple" but we make it with venison :)

Nothing like fried scrapple on a cold morning at the camp...LOL!

Tryska
06-13-2003, 01:35 PM
you make venison scrapple? like from the guts and stuff?

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Venison, now that sounds good!

My dad's grandpa used to swear by pig's brains. I'd have a hard time going that far, but I'll try just about anything once. ;)

IceRgrrl
06-13-2003, 01:42 PM
No, I like venison scrapple made from the good meaty parts :) I'm finicking like that...I don't eat guts or brains or any liver or any of those yucky parts. :p

Tryska
06-13-2003, 01:46 PM
yeah i'm not big on organ meats either. muscle is good.....organs..not good.

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 01:47 PM
Geez, fried livermush is a North Carolinian delicacy. I'll put a whole pound of it away real quick like.

Man, I'm hungry now. Its time to head to the grocery store for pudding and livermush. :D

Tryska
06-13-2003, 02:11 PM
you can buy it at stores?

well i gues sit's kinda like yam patties.

carolinagirl
06-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Mmmmm. Liver mush......redneck pate!

And we used to eat brains and eggs scrambled up together when I was little. (You have to do a surprising amount of stuff to brains to make them edible.....there's some kind of membrane around them, or some **** like that.......and then you have to poach them.....and then scramble them in with the eggs. Pretty good, though. Considering how ****ing nasty it sounds.)
Also, my mom loves shad roe and eggs scrambled together. She'll eat just about anything scrambled up with some eggs.

Redneck. :D

Here are a couple of other things that Yankees or non-rednecks may not have enjoyed: PB and banana sammiches (all these are, of course, served on Merita Butterbread); PB and banana sammiches, grilled; fried baloney sammiches (aka bologna, for you non-reds) with mayo; banana and mayo (I know. It sounds foul. But try it. It's awesome.); and homegrown garden tomato slices on white bread with mayo (and tons of salt and pepper).

Yum. Now I'm hungry.

Frankster
07-03-2003, 09:19 AM
here is a trashy recipee... yumm
-macaroni
-tomato sauce
-cooked hamburger
-Cheez Whiz

Mix everything together and heat... YUM!

Tryska
07-03-2003, 09:23 AM
oooh...that is trashy.

but first - what do you mean by tomato sauce? the stuff in the can? spaghettis sauce? ketchup? what?

Tryska
07-03-2003, 09:25 AM
oh my god...heath - i jsut read your list of sandwiches.

holy crap - i want that tomaot slice sandwich RIGHT NOW!

altho i'd settle for a grilled pb&banana (with some bacon)

Frankster
07-03-2003, 09:27 AM
oooh...that is trashy.

but first - what do you mean by tomato sauce? the stuff in the can? spaghettis sauce? ketchup? what?

Yeah, the tomato sauce in the can.. althouh I guess you could use spagetti sauce..

It is trashy.. but you gotta try it

Bam Bam
07-03-2003, 09:35 AM
i dont see a post from heath

Tryska
07-03-2003, 09:40 AM
heath = cg