Oatmeal + semi-skimmed milk + strawberries
Scrambled eggs [3 whole, 3 white]
2 slices of wheat toast + baked beans
Slice of water melon
yoghurt
glass of OJ
large apple
Cup of coffee

That's about 1500 calories. It will be my first 'bulking' brekkie and i'm gonna enjoy it!

Anybody got any good recipes for sauces to go w/ chicken or spices that make it dayum zexah?

How about if everyone pitches in their ideas for good recipes and Dan can put them together for an article? Sound good?

Savannah
08-14-2001, 01:06 PM
You just made me hungry........:swear:

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-14-2001, 01:13 PM
Muwhahahaha....

Oh poo. Me too :(

IceRgrrl
08-14-2001, 01:39 PM
Ya made me hungry too...

This is what I'm making tonight, since you asked about chicken:

Chicken Piccata
1 14 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, undrained
1/2 c. ff, less-sodium chicken broth
1/3 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. dry white wine
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
cooking spray or olive oil
1 c. chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
3 T. capers
1/4 t. black pepper
2 c. cooked wild rice

1. Drain artichokes in a colander over a bowl; reserving 3 T. liquid; set artichokes aside.
2. Combine reserved artichoke liquid, broth, juice, and wine in a shallow dish. Add chicken, cover and marinate in fridge for 30 min.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet coated in cooking spray/olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, saute for about 4 min, or until tender. Remove chicken from dish, reserving marinade. Add chicken to pan, saute about 1 minute. Add the reserved marinade and cook for 12 min. or until chicken is done. Add the artichokes, capers, and pepper to pan. Reduce heat and simmer about 5 min. Serve over rice.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-14-2001, 02:13 PM
ace cheers babe :)

Do you think the article idea is a good one?

Spiderman
08-14-2001, 02:14 PM
This is gonna sound bad, but ask Belial, he tried it and loved it. ;)

Breakfast Oatmeal Scramble

1 cup Rolled Oats
1 cup Milk
1 whole egg + 2-3 egg whites
Artificial Sweetner (as much as preffered)
1/2-3/4 tsp salt
Cinnamon
Dash of Nutmeg

Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well. Microwave for 3 minutes and stir. Microwave for another 2 minutes and stir again. Finally, microwave for another 2-3 minutes. The consistency should be solid... I've had this time and again, and I can't get over how good it tastest. Sometimes I"ll have it 2 or 3 times a day. :D

IceRgrrl
08-14-2001, 02:19 PM
There HAVE been a lot of recipes popping up lately...lots of shakes and tuna ideas as well as these...I think the article idea has merit, esp since diet/nutrition is always a challenge.

And lots of our members are at the point where they're having to cook for themselves and/or learn how to cook for themselves. I just went through all this with my brother, who has finally moved beyond boxed mac & cheese and canned ravioli! *lol*

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-14-2001, 02:22 PM
coo i think it's an ace idea. I'm also still waiting for the article gino is 'finding the time for', ironically about finding the time to prepare ad consume a diet haha!

Spidey, could you whip in whey instead of sweetner in that? If i left it to cool would it stiffen? like a protein bar? What's the cals/pro/carb/fat?

Gracias

Baumer
08-14-2001, 02:33 PM
My breakfast lately:
-protein shake
-1 1/2 packets instant quaker oatmeal, various flavors mixed with 1/2 scoop protein powder, sometimes add cinnamon or raisens too
-3/4 cup eggbeaters scrambled
-1/2 blueberry english muffin with low sugar grape jam

For chicken, I love chicken fajitas, I actually make chicken and shrimp fajitas usually. I use a little pam spray instead of oil, cook up the chicken and shrimp with some stir fry veggie frozen mix and the old elpaso fajita mix, serve on fat free tortillas, I usually eat like 4-5 of them, with some salsa, fat free shredded cheese, and lettuce, very good!!

Maki Riddington
08-14-2001, 08:37 PM
I think it's a great idea.

Sayiajin Prince
08-14-2001, 11:33 PM
oat meal tends to fill me up so im a bagel person, 50gms of carbs each, plus they dont fill me up

i know this aint much:
4 eggs whole, 2 bagels (or wuteva to make 100gms of carb)
water... (gonna drink V8 splash manana)

tell me wut u think and how i can improve this (should i ad another bagel fridge limited a bit)

im also thinking of including small sausages...

Ronan
08-14-2001, 11:37 PM
Your not thinking of bulking yet are you Rob? your only half way there man!

Sayiajin Prince
08-14-2001, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Ronan
Your not thinking of bulking yet are you Rob? your only half way there man!
???

rob,...whos rob?

MrMuscle
08-15-2001, 05:37 AM
hmm...im gonna bulk soon to.but im trying to reduce the amount of fat i put on ever year...find what suits me...last year i took in around 6000 calories a day..i think we are gonne og a tad bit lower this year..yes we are

Joe Black
08-15-2001, 05:47 AM
Rob = Chicken Daddy

Pup
08-15-2001, 06:43 AM
Rob, why in the hell are you wanting to bulk already, i know bulking is damn ace and all, but cutting is cool too, btw-nice name.

Spiderman
08-15-2001, 09:25 AM
Chicken...

Yeah, you could use whey protein i guess, it would become a little more solid because whey does stiffen a bit in the microwave. If you let it cool, yeah, it'll get a little more stiff as well. Then top does cool quickly though, so I'd just go about eating it about a minute or two after its done cooking. I"d make sure to mix iin the whey well at the begining though...before cooking. As for nutrient profile...let me see here....

Carbs: Approx. 67 grams
Protein: 20-23 grams (Eggs and Milk only)
Fat: 11 grams total, 2.5 sat. (thats with Skim Milk)

I'm pretty sure about those values. ;) The grams carbs for one cup oatmeal (54 g) can vary depending on the namebrand you buy though. Hope this helps ya out some bro.

Yaz
08-15-2001, 09:49 AM
Why are we talking about getting things hot and letting them stiffen? :eek:

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-15-2001, 10:33 AM
Ron: Hell no! I got like at least 7 mo' weeks of cutting left in me baby! Just the prospect is keeping me going. I'm sorting myself out in good time while i have plenty on my hands.

Prince: I am Rob.

Pup: Nice name.

Yaz: get outta my thread with your smut ;)

Sayiajin Prince
08-15-2001, 10:36 AM
could some one reply to my breakfast meal... :mad:

yaz: tuttut

how much protien is in a whole egg?

Tryska
08-15-2001, 10:37 AM
get rid of that v-8 spalsh crap. eat a real fruit instead. (sayaijin)

Frankster
08-15-2001, 10:39 AM
6 grams for a large egg.. 3 in egg white.. 3 in yolk

Sayiajin Prince
08-15-2001, 10:48 AM
koo
i hate it that my food is tryna be monopolized by my family:(

Matx
08-15-2001, 11:04 AM
i must have an extremely small appetite or stomach or something man.. 3 scrambled eggs makes me full.

Bam Bam
08-16-2001, 09:21 AM
yo spidey im making that recipe right now letting it cool it was solid after the second time in the microwave but i followed directions like a good protein dispencing fool

IceRgrrl
08-16-2001, 01:03 PM
spidey, I tried your recipe this morning...you're right, it's not bad! I was skeptical up until I tried it, but it's good, thanks :)

Spiderman
08-16-2001, 01:08 PM
*Takes his bow.* :D Thanks IceRgrrl. ;)

Spiderman
08-16-2001, 01:11 PM
Heres another protien shake recipe...

S'mores

2 scoops Vanilla Whey
.5-1 scoop Chocolate Whey (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
8 oz. Milk
1-2 Graham Crackers
1-2 Tblsp. Marshmallow Creme

Blend and enjoy. (Knowing myself I'd add cinnamon to it as well. I can't have protein powder without it....lol)