PDA

View Full Version : HomeYield's pics

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 09:52 AM
I debated about this but I figure why not. I've posted these in my journal but I'll put these out here. Looking for some constructive criticism but if its nothing but haet then I'll kick your ass! :p

Legs first (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=529387). Because I know you good people will ask.

A pose I like. (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=521240)

Attempt at a most muscular (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=521245).

Front double bicep (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=521248).

Front lat spread (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=521516). Such a serious look here. :cool:

Rear lat spread (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=521518). I'm trying to push my love handles in so I look like I have a smaller waist. :)

Calves (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=529390). Just because I hate them and having them out there will push me more.

Be gentle, be mean, hell I don't care.

*I should also list my stats I think.

22yrs old
5'11"
202lbs
8% bf (tested 2 days ago but I doubt it, probably closer to 10 I think)

GIS
05-29-2003, 10:07 AM
Arms are certainly thick and you look quite lean even with horrible lighting that doesn't create any shadow.

Keep it up!

bigassdan
05-29-2003, 10:07 AM
damn bro!! You are lookin real good. Lean but with good mass.

:thumbup:

Y2A
05-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by bigassdan
damn bro!! You are lookin real good. Lean but with good mass.

Ditto

Maki Riddington
05-29-2003, 10:20 AM
Our calves are almost identical in size and shape.

You look great!

X-FORCE23
05-29-2003, 10:26 AM
:D Dude, great physique. good upper body. you should spent more time on the wheels. But doing fantastic!!!

BCC
05-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Dude, looking good all around. Quads look thicker than last I've seen, and the calves are certainly not as bad as you make them out to be. Delts look awesome too. Hamstrings are about the only thing I'd say need some work, but it's hard to tell from the angle, I may be totally wrong.

Excellent progress!

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 10:40 AM
GIS: Thanks man. Arms have always been a strong point for me. As well as being lean. Having a cranking metabolism makes me stay that way.

bigassdan & Y2A: Thanks guys! Its tough to put on weight but what weight I do put on is pretty solid.

Maki: Do you find it hard to get any depth in your cavles? My calves have widened out a little but still pretty much disappear when you see them from the side. See below.

X-Force: I agree about the wheels. They've come up but still are a little unproportional compared to my upperbody. Walking lunges have really helped.

BCC: Thanks man. I was hesitant about showing my hams because they are definitely a weak point. Also you'll see my calves go away. The pic is below. My hams have gotten stronger but they have a hard time growing.

Hammies and calves (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=529389). I definitely need to work on my hamstrings. This proves it.

Manveet
05-29-2003, 10:50 AM
BCC beat me to the hams comment. Quads look big though. Chest could use more mass. Overall you look damn good, keep it up man.

Herc
05-29-2003, 10:51 AM
good work

cphafner
05-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Will you're looking huge. Considering you're low BF, you shouldn't lose much mass at all going into the show. My girl commented that you gotta wax those legs though:eek:

Lesnar_Rocks
05-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Looking big, Are those birth marks all over your upper body?

Quads look big, hams and calves need work but i tihnk they are better than mine so i can't complain. Keep up the good work man.

X-FORCE23
05-29-2003, 11:06 AM
Whats your routine?? and supplements???

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 11:06 AM
Manveet: Yeah, hams are going to probably start getting some priority training and I'm moving chest to the beginning of the week. Hopefully I can make a few changes and its not just genetics damning me. :)

Herc: Thanks man.

cp: I hope not to drop too much LBM, but being my first cut I'm sure to make some mistakes. :eek: I don't know about that waxing stuff. I'll probably start trimming them in the next couple of weeks and after I get a better base tan, then I'll probably shave them. I sure as hell don't want to wax them. *ouch*

Lesnar: LOL, those are all gunshot wounds. :) Nah, just kinding, they're moles. You should have seen my calves a while back. They were quite a bit worse. I think a tan and a shave would help my legs out a little but I ain't to that point yet. Maybe in another couple weeks.

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by X-FORCE23
Whats your routine?? and supplements???

My routine is a normal 4 day split,
Chest
Back
Rest
Legs
Shoulders
Rest
Rest

I have been doing calves the day before legs on my rest day.

As far as supplements go, its mostly weight-gainer and creatine. I take a multi, 5g of creatine and cytogainer. Everything else is just food.

Relentless
05-29-2003, 11:16 AM
i am impressed

and a bit jealous. :)

Silverback
05-29-2003, 11:40 AM
looking treemendous!! Will

i still cant get over the size of your darn neck, its amazing :cool:

Mik
05-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Looking solid Will. I think your legs and calves have improved alot. Keep doing what you're doing . Nice V taper. Damn bastard with low body fat!:D

Bam Bam
05-29-2003, 12:10 PM
yeah you should fight with a neck like that

ElPietro
05-29-2003, 12:15 PM
Very impressive. :thumbup:

raniali
05-29-2003, 12:39 PM
i opened up the 2nd pic and about had a heart attack. i opened up all the others just to be sure you weren't a guy i used to date. (i've never seen your other pics before)

now that my bp is normal - i must agree with all the rest. like the size. hit the legs - and then shave them ;)

Tryska
05-29-2003, 12:46 PM
damn you sure are a whiteboy. get thee to a tanning salon.

that being said, your physique is quite impressive.

GonePostal
05-29-2003, 12:49 PM
HOooooooooOOOOOOoooouuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Cal: Much appreciated man!

Big-Ron: Thanks, and just think, my neck used to be a bit bigger. :)

Mik: LOL, thanks bro!

Bam Bam: I used to wrestle in high school and it was quite a bit bigger then. (Lots of bridging trying to get off my back. I wasn't very good. :( ) I think flexed at one time it measured around 18" but its lost a little bit now. I'm taking muay thai and a have thought about a few others.

ElPietro: Thanks man!

raniali: LOL, at least I didn't kill ya. Its funny about my legs is that they are getting stretch marks. Especially my inner thighs. I guess it might be time to lay off the lunges and concentrate on the squats and really hit the hamstrings. And of course they'll get the razor pretty soon. At least to help with the tanning.

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Tryska: LOL, yep very white and I have just started going to tanning salon. Hitting a stand up bed a couple times a week. How often would be optimal? This'll only be my 4th time in the past 2 weeks (this week and last week) but would 3 times a week be better?

GP: LOL, thanks mate!

X-FORCE23
05-29-2003, 12:55 PM
Hey HY, Have you ever wanted to return to wrestling. I was a former wrestler in high school and I know what you talking about bridging. Dude since your doing martial arts why not try out for UFC??? Thats what I am doing in Miami. :D

Tryska
05-29-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
[b]Tryska: LOL, yep very white and I have just started going to tanning salon. Hitting a stand up bed a couple times a week. How often would be optimal? This'll only be my 4th time in the past 2 weeks (this week and last week) but would 3 times a week be better?

you're talking to a brown girl. i have no idea, my friend. *lol*

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 01:07 PM
X-Force: I actually went to the wrestling club in college a couple of times early on. I would like more to coach or assist at at high school or middle school instead of actually getting back into it. LOL, I just started taking muay thai so I don't see myself getting too involved in the UFC any time soon.

Tryska: Dammit! :D Anybody help me there?

raniali
05-29-2003, 01:10 PM
tanning depends on your natural ability to tan and hold on to it
if you are burning, then go less.
i tan easily - but i can NEVER reach my tanning peak from the 'fake-n-bake'. i would go no more than 2x a week once i had what i could get from it.

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 01:21 PM
Well I'm not burning yet so I guess I might try it 3 times a week. I've never had a tan either so I'm not quite sure where or what my peak will be. I'm on new ground so I guess I'll just have to take it slow and watch it.

At least I've started early so I don't have to burn myself like crazy later.

steveo
05-29-2003, 01:21 PM
Dammit boy, you look bigger than last time I saw your pic. Arm and shoulder are def you strong point, but everything else massive. keep up the hard work.

Silverback
05-29-2003, 01:23 PM
How did you get your body fat tested?

To me that doesnt look like 8% im not saying your fat but i always imagined 8% to be Dexter 'Shredded' Jackson look.

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Steveo: Thanks man! I've put on a few pounds but not much.

Big-Ron: A trainer at my gym took it. He's certified and has a couple of degrees. *shrugs* He used a 6-point test that took the measurements of the tricep, pec, subscapular, thigh, hip, and abs. He had a pretty good pair of calipers and took his time. I was rather shocked at the number too because I was expecting around 10 if not 12. I asked him about it and he said he was positive he was within 1%. I still doubt it but as long as its consistant I'll use it over the 16 weeks to help me prepare. If it is 8 then I'd like to see 5 when this is all over.

Mik
05-29-2003, 02:09 PM
8% may be a tad low as you suggested HY. But I would definitely say you're not 11 or12%. As you pointed out, as long as the numbers go in the right direction who cares?

P.S. If you're 12 I'd hate to see what I was. :cry:

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 02:44 PM
I'll get it checked again in about 2 weeks to see where it is then. Probably getting it checked every 2 weeks until week 8. Then I'll probably try to get it done every week. Hopefully there won't be too much variation. I'm thinking 10 right now myself based off what others have said theirs was but it might look funny because I'm so pale. A tan might help. :)

X-FORCE23
05-29-2003, 02:56 PM
GO to Myrtle beach dog for your tan. Place was off the chain on Memorial day

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 02:59 PM
LOL, I was in Charleston over Memorial Day. I was there expecting to work on my tan but unfortunetly is was cloudy most of the time. Was still a good time though.

I thought it was biker week down at Myrtle over Memorial day?

X-FORCE23
05-29-2003, 03:00 PM
There was some, but it wasnt a total lost, still was good.

Beast
05-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Awesome, Will. How big are your arms? 17"?
It's great that you're lean... do you do any cardio or strict dieting?

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 07:03 PM
X-Force: I almost went to Myrtle but plans changed. Oh well. Glad to hear you you could cope. :D

NDBeast: I think they are just under 17". Been awhile since I've measured though. I haven't done any cardio in ages. I do some muay thai boxing on Monday and Tuesday for an hour but its tough but not too much in the way of cardio. My diet isn't real strict but tend to eat pretty clean just out of habit and normally that's all I crave. I'm blessed with a very rapid metabolism so its not hard to stay lean but its tough to put on weight. Double edged sword but I've been pretty happy with my weight gain of late. Thanks for the compliments too! :)

chris mason
05-29-2003, 07:24 PM
I think you all are nuts. I think his legs look excellent. His thighs look huge to me. In fact, I think his upper legs look proportionately bigger than the rest of him. I am sure many of you have seen his journal, so maybe you are confusing size with strength. The fact that he may use proportionately less weight in his leg exercises doesn't mean they are a weak point in size.

I think you look great overall, good size and lean.

Skillz
05-29-2003, 09:51 PM
lookin real good man! u have the same type of physique i do, just bigger, meaning muscle shape is real similar, and body fat % seems to be around the same....you're just overall larger...thas coo tho, makes me wanna catch up to u! :D ....neways keep up the good work! lookin strong in all aspects
Skillz

WillKuenzel
05-30-2003, 08:18 AM
Chris: Thanks alot man! I think my legs have come up quite a bit from where they used to be. I definitely have quite a few stretch marks along my legs so hopefully they are still growing. As far as symentry goes though, my calves probably need quite a bit more work.

Skillz: Thanks bro! Hopefully I can keep putting it on and you'll always be trying to catch up then. :p

I can start to tell that the tan is coming in. With that being said I might be able to think I am closer to 8% than I thought. I still think it might be a little low but without getting some proper pictures taken its pretty hard to tell.

Thanks again to all for the compliments! :)

Workhorse
05-30-2003, 09:07 AM
You look like a toothpick... a very thick, muscular toothpick...lol

Great job and keep up the awesome work!!!

kinetixtrainer
05-30-2003, 10:07 AM
Looking Damn good buddy. Glad I could finally see some pics.

I agree with Chris, your legs look good to me.

Excellent work....keep it up.

later man

ask
05-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Yep, neck is impressive, and so are the delts, and arms of course - but especially the delts. That's "thickness"! You got back width, and I know it's damn difficult to build that thickness there, the hanging mass.

And I agree on the upper quads - that's size, man!

Lying leg curls, one leg at a time helped me a lot when my hams were lagging. They simply blew up. Not a big fan of the deads.

I used to hate my slow metabolism - but I'm maintaining now, at weight of 225 with half the cals you're taking, and actually, I consider it a blessing.

And yeah, chest being the priority at the moment, you might want to try a technique called "pre-exhaustion", no?:)

WillKuenzel
05-30-2003, 01:07 PM
WH: Thanks Stu! Kind of like a tre trunk? :D

kt: Thanks man! I'll try to get a better full body pic up that'll show the comparison between my upper and lower body. Hopefully its not as bad as I think.

ask: We have a single leg standing leg curl (more kneeling but close). I might have to hit that thing a little harder or do you think lying would be better. Thanks for the compliments and I might to try that thing called "pre-exhastion." ;)

ask
05-30-2003, 02:37 PM
I don't know, to be honest. Never tried one of those "standing" models, but I doubt it's a remarkable difference in question. However, I do feel that in that lying position it might be slightly easier to squeeze it to the max.

And by the way, my brother used to do thai boxing while lifting weights - and it's a tough sport, no doubt. According to him it hindered his recuperation somewhat. You feel that way, or is it on a whole another tip?

Keep it up, man!

Narcissus
05-31-2003, 12:08 AM
hy: looking very good bro. rear lat spread is most impressive of all the pictures to me. legs also look particularly thick, especially the upper part of your thighs. keep tanning - i am sure that you (like nearly all people) will look much better with a nice tan. keep it up.

Rastaman
05-31-2003, 03:54 AM
Looking great man! Solid through and through, plenty of mass, and quite lean. You're definitely doing alot of $hit right.

Teflon Siege
05-31-2003, 11:24 PM
****in awesome build man, good ****, keep up the hard work.

WillKuenzel
06-02-2003, 08:02 AM
ask: I'll probably give the lying one priority then. It seems to probably be a good bet. The thai boxing can hinder my recuperation a good bit if I don't get enough sleep that night or I try to train those same days. I'm hoping to kind of work around them so that it won't hurt too much. Thanks bro!

Narc: Thanks man! My lats have come out a little but only seem to really show when flexed. The upper part of my legs have really busted out here lately. I've gotten a whole host of stretch marks coming out along my upper and inner thighs. I'll probably start bumping the tanning up to try and bring things out more clearly so I can see more about what I need to work on. Thanks for the comments!

Rastaman: Thanks bro! I've always had a fairly high metabolism so that helps me stay lean but makes putting on weight kind of difficult. Diet plays a big part because I still eat relatively clean despite it all.

TS: Thanks dude!

WillKuenzel
09-18-2003, 07:46 PM
old one (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=521240)

Not the best picture but let's revisit that one. :)

WillKuenzel
09-18-2003, 07:48 PM
I'm now, 183lbs. and 9 days out. Supposedly around 6.5%. I think overall, I've lost some muscle mass on this cut but strength is still up though.

David
09-18-2003, 07:54 PM
How tall are you Homey? You look tall.

WillKuenzel
09-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Somewhere around 5'10" to 5'11"

EdgarMex
09-18-2003, 08:30 PM
Seems like the tanning is finally working! You're looking great, dude :thumbup:

steveo
09-18-2003, 11:10 PM
YOu are looking awesome, man.Much leaner. Your lats are insane. What do you do for your fore arms they look thick?

JustinF
09-19-2003, 02:55 AM
Excellent job Will. You're gonna kick ass. The tan is finally coming in huh? :p

galileo
09-19-2003, 06:05 AM
I'm in awe of your tan, farmboy.

Mik
09-19-2003, 07:15 AM
You look great Will. Almost dark even. Good work.

WillKuenzel
09-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Edgar: Took that damn tan long enough to be convinced that it needed to come out. Its starting to really come out now.

Steveo: Thanks man. Don't really do too much extra for my forearms. I haven't seen my girlfriend in a couple weeks so... :angel: LOL, but seriously, I'd say its mostly from pull-ups and deadlifts.

Justin: LOL, thanks man! Yeah, tan is finally starting to come in and not a moment too soon either.

galileo: Its definitely a far cry from that farmer's tan I used to have. :D

Mik: Almost dark. Lets see how I look the day of the competition. ;) Hopefully then, it'll be really dark.

Silverback
09-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Excellent! taking pics @ various milestones is great to monitor progress and your progress has been tremendous!

Truly inspirational bro :)

Tryska
09-19-2003, 01:50 PM
omg! you don't glow anymore!

rookiebldr
09-19-2003, 10:38 PM
:eek: Excellent abs there Will. Great comparison.

Beast
09-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Awesome cut! Your bicep looks higher now, too. :cool:

WillKuenzel
09-22-2003, 11:25 AM
Big-Ron: Thanks man! It helps to revisit the past to know where we have gone. Also helps with the motivation to know that something has changed.

Tina: Nope. I've tried to cut that out. ;)

Jeff: Abs have definitely come out and that's a fairly poor representation of them. I've actually gotten quite proud of them.

NDBeast: Thanks man! Bicep probably looks higher because there is just less mass around it because its loss some mass in the cut.

I'll try to get a few more up this week if I have time. Its the last week and then I plan on bulking to 220lbs. I can't wait to start bulking again!

JustinASU
09-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Will, I'm assuming you've put those pics side by side by the comparison is friggin amazing, you are gonna rock this show. Were you ever able to tan before hitting the tanning bed x times a week? Just curious. I'm irish as hell so I look like you in the before pic as far as skin tone goes.

Maki Riddington
09-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Wow!:eek:

aidano
09-22-2003, 02:29 PM
Really nice build. You're about where I'd like to be in the next year or so.

ericg
09-22-2003, 02:32 PM
Awesome man. Looking great - nice tan to, finally no mo kill whitey. Kick some ass at the show man!!

WillKuenzel
09-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Justin: I've never tanned before. I've always turned red and then pealed. The tanning bed was different plus I've been moisturizing like crazy. That's helped me to keep some of it.

Maki: Thanks man!

aidano: Thanks! It finally got quite a bit better when I learned who to eat right. I wish I had found this board sooner and had read more about eating.

Eric: Thanks dude! Yeah, the tan really helps. It makes quite a bit of difference.

Here's what a week's difference here at the end has looked like. Some differences. Mostly tan but I have shed a bit more.

WillKuenzel
09-24-2003, 08:17 PM
And here's this evening weighing 179lbs.

SquareHead
09-24-2003, 08:24 PM
holy crap he smiles!!! Good work mang. Now you are ready to go on television and say you got those with the newfangled ab device that comes out next!!! Seriously tho bro looking realy good (in a purely hetro kindo matcho tough guy bodybuilder sholder punchin head buttin fight starting way)!

-TIM-
09-24-2003, 10:43 PM
Those are some great pics. The front lat post looked a little small but after seeing the rear shot I think it looks great. Must have been the post. I'd love to be where you're at, we're the same age.

W8_4_Me
09-25-2003, 06:10 AM
Wow! Just saw these! Excellent work, HY!! Even if you DON'T have a smith. ;)

vocalmaster
09-25-2003, 10:51 AM
Looking Good man. Hope you do well in your contest! Nice work!