PDA

View Full Version : Hows my diet?

AlexBBbegginer
05-29-2003, 02:19 PM
Hi there, im relatively new to bodybuidling, and im looking to get from 9.5 st -10%bf to 12st - 6%bf in the quickest time possible. Im very dedicated, and ive spent more time reading and educating myself about this subject, rather than just jumping into all the classic mistakes.

The diet follow is the same everyday i dont even cheat since i never feel the need to. Fruit is my chocolate..and has been for a year now, the cravings and even the weird chocolate eating dreams have gone.

meal 1:
400g of beans, on 2/4 wholemeal toast.
(This is a complimentary vegetarian meal, but i dont know if its 40g protein or 20g since its like an amino acid jigsaw puzzle, anyone else know who u work out the protein??)

meal 2:
4 slices wholemeal bread with 130g of prawns/salmon
(salmon comes in 400g tin which i eat over 3 meals)

meal 3:
4 slices wholemeal bread with 130g tuna/salmon

meal 4:
4 slices wholemeal bread with 130g - prawns salmon

meal 5:
4 whole eggs with 2-3 weetabix dipped in milk (im lactose
intolerant)

meal 6:
either 4 more eggs(post workout) or grilled cod/haddock

additional to that:
I have 3-4 portions or fruit a day plus a multivitamin.
I also use creatine, and drink a pint of water with every meal and drink between meals too if im thirsty.

As far as i can see.. fish is the healthiest meat source due to its high EFA omega 3 content , good HDL cholesteral and low saturated fat content.

I eat whole eggs cos with all that HDL i eat i can take some bad fat plus i can get 32g of protein out of those meals, rather than 16g.

I have to eat 3 meals @ work hence all the bread for 2,3 and 4. i get 15 mins, 45 mins and 15 mins for my daily breaks so i cant really do much cooking or on the spot prep for a meal.

Any comments or tips are greatly welcome ;)

Ill post my routine in a more appropriate topic.

Relentless
05-29-2003, 02:58 PM
is there any way you could bring precooked meals to work in tupperware or something? That'd give you a break from eating all that bread...

generally seems like an awful lot of carbs altogether although I haven't gone in and counted 'em all

you're also missing veggies in a big way... get some greens into you!! :D

AlexBBbegginer
05-29-2003, 03:29 PM
i do have veggies when i get a chance but its a bitch to prepare, plus doesnt multivits cover for veg??

I use bread and stuff to make up the cals cos its about 100k/cals per slice with healthy spread.

you're prob right tho,

what i can do is cook veg along with my eggs in the evenings that shouldnt be a fuss.
The only trouble will be relying on my mum to buy fresh veg while im @ work since the shop closes b4 i get home. And my mum is megalazyfat the shop is actually opposite from where i live ROFL but i know shell make up 50 excuses to why she cant wander over there and shell prob moan @ me for asking lol outnumber

cheers anyway gives me food for thought;)

raniali
05-29-2003, 03:50 PM
you can't go buy your own veggies?

i would reduce the amount of bread and find other carbs to eat: rice, potatoes, yams, pasta, corn, peas, etc.
add some nuts (either whole or peanut butter) or maybe olive oil.
add veggies.
multivitamins are there to help keep you out of defiencies - but not necessarily be relied on for nutrients.

GhettoSmurf
05-29-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by raniali
you can't go buy your own veggies?

i would reduce the amount of bread and find other carbs to eat: rice, potatoes, yams, pasta, corn, peas, etc.
add some nuts (either whole or peanut butter) or maybe olive oil.
add veggies.
multivitamins are there to help keep you out of defiencies - but not necessarily be relied on for nutrients. :withstupi

AlexBBbegginer
05-30-2003, 12:58 AM
i can somedays, but on work days i can only get whats left in the supermarket. The gorcer over the road is all organic so i want to eat that due to higher vit + min content, but i finish work @ 5.45 and he closes @ 5.30 i also start work b4 he opens. so only my mum can pick it up and shes lazy as f***

bradley
05-30-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by AlexBBbegginer
i can somedays, but on work days i can only get whats left in the supermarket. The gorcer over the road is all organic so i want to eat that due to higher vit + min content, but i finish work @ 5.45 and he closes @ 5.30 i also start work b4 he opens. so only my mum can pick it up and shes lazy as f***

You could just get some frozen veggies and keep them in the freezer. The vitamin and mineral content of organic vegetables is not going to be much different, if any, from the vegetables you can buy at the grocery store.

AlexBBbegginer
05-30-2003, 01:15 PM
O YES IT IS! organic veg is much richer in nutrients, all the studies ive seen online etc have shown organic food to contain WAY much more vits+mins than chemically treated crops.
After ive eaten ill find some links so i can show u, might take me a while but ill def post it up k.

bradley
05-30-2003, 02:27 PM
O YES IT IS! organic veg is much richer in nutrients, all the studies ive seen online etc have shown organic food to contain WAY much more vits+mins than chemically treated crops.
After ive eaten ill find some links so i can show u, might take me a while but ill def post it up k.

I think the main attraction to organic vegetables is the fact that they have not been treated with pesticides.

http://www.mercola.com/2002/may/22/organic_produce.htm

bradley
05-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Found this as well after running a quick search. From the following site:
http://www.uk.foedevaredirektoratet.dk/Food/Nutrition/vitamins.htm

Organic and conventional foods
The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration has not undertaken systematic studies of the differences in vitamin and mineral content between organic and conventionally-produced foods, though the Administration has reviewed the literature in this field on a number of occasions. For vegetables though not for fruit certain studies exist that suggest that dry matter, vitamin C and dietary fibre levels may be 10-20% higher in organic than in conventional products, while the B1 and carotine content may be 10-20% lower in organic products than their conventional counterparts. However, bearing in mind varietal variations of 300-400%, a variation of 10-20% is of no major nutritional significance.

Although organic fruits and vegetables seem to offer a larger amount of vitamins and minerals the overall amount is not really significant in the overall scheme of things. At least that is what I have gathered from the limited reading that I have done on the subject.

AlexBBbegginer
05-30-2003, 04:51 PM
ive only seen 2/3 reports but they both claimed higher than those figures and suggested that the difference was significant.
the major variable is that all soil around the world is different and its the soil that these nutrients come from, so to be totally sure i spose ud have to have your local farm checked for mineral content every season.... but anyway i thought id bring it up.

bradley
05-30-2003, 05:01 PM
ive only seen 2/3 reports but they both claimed higher than those figures and suggested that the difference was significant.
the major variable is that all soil around the world is different and its the soil that these nutrients come from, so to be totally sure i spose ud have to have your local farm checked for mineral content every season.... but anyway i thought id bring it up.

Well from the reading and searches that I ran I didn't see anything that would justify choosing organic vegetables over commercially grown vegetables. I read where the organic vegetables were higher in some vitamins but this was generally 20% or so and that is not really significant IMO.

I do know that the incidence of pesticide residue on commercially grown vegeatables is the main reason that people choose organic veggies. Although I also read where the incidence of infection from certain types of fungus were higher in organic vegetables.