PDA

View Full Version : Excess Carbs

diego
05-31-2003, 08:59 AM
Is it detrimental when bulking to take in over the recommended amount of carbs? It's just for me to get more protein per meal i sometimes eat more pasta which is high in carbs but also has a good amount of protein in it for me to reach the desired grams of protein for that meal

05-31-2003, 11:56 AM
after a certain point, yes.

gopher
05-31-2003, 12:17 PM
To get more protein you would be better off adding some beef or chicken to your pasta instead of eating more pasta.

Behemoth
05-31-2003, 12:33 PM
Right, the protein in pasta is not a complete source. And unless your eating a fair amount of another complete source with your pasta, it will remain incomplete. The pasta would also be a lot more useful it's whole wheat.

bradley
05-31-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by diego
Is it detrimental when bulking to take in over the recommended amount of carbs? It's just for me to get more protein per meal i sometimes eat more pasta which is high in carbs but also has a good amount of protein in it for me to reach the desired grams of protein for that meal

The reason it would be detrimental is that you would be taking in excess calories which could lead to weight gain, but there is no "recommended amount" of carbs. I agree with gopher in that if you need more protein then you should get it from other less calorie dense foods, like lean protein sources.

drew
05-31-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by gopher
To get more protein you would be better off adding some beef or chicken to your pasta instead of eating more pasta.
Or some salmon. :thumbup: