PDA

View Full Version : Please Help with meal plan...

outlawtas
05-31-2003, 04:13 PM
Man, I'm starting to really get discouraged. I have been working out for 6 months. Now, only 3 or 4 months have been hardcore, and i think i've been eating right, but i'm just not seeing an gains. I started out at 153 and now i'm around 156 - in 3-4 months. Now, i have gotten a lot stronger - increased bench from 130 to 195.

I'm 5'9, and I wanna put on about 20lbs...12-15 lbs of muscle as possible. Right now, i don't give a sh*t about body composition, i just wanna gain at least 10lbs of muslce, no matter how much fat. This needs to be a serious bulk for me.

Now, i know i need a 40/30/30 split, but how many calories do i need in total? Basically that is all the info that I need, I can split it up and figure it out myself. I just need to know how many calories i need...thanks a lot...

oh, and also, it's easy to keep control of carbs and protein, but do you know any links that breakdown how much fat is in X amount of lean chicken breast, etc etc, thanks a lot. I really appreciate it..

btw, i did try searching, but came up with a million and one links, all of which contained just a few of the words i searched for and none of the answers...thanks.

bradley
05-31-2003, 04:38 PM
This should help:)http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31769&highlight=guidelines

captnjosh
05-31-2003, 04:40 PM
Now, i know i need a 40/30/30 split, but how many calories do i need in total?

The best way to determine how many cal's you need is to track everything you eat, each day, for about a week. Average it all so you know how many cal's you are getting each day. Now add 300-500 cal's to that and you should be off to a good start. If you don't gain anything in a week or two then add another 200 cal's or so. Do this untill you're gaining what you want, maybe around 1 lb per week.