PDA

View Full Version : Kaz's photos up for critique

kazzy
05-31-2003, 09:20 PM
I Just learned about this site from Maki a couple of hours ago at the gym, so I thought I'd post up the pics I took last night on here too. Feel free to reply to this post with any comments/suggestions/critism.

Basically this is me cut down to around 177-8 lbs. Last time I got tested for body fat was when I was at 181lbs, the fat clippers said I was 10.9%. The only supplements I take are whey, ECA, and multivitamins.

I would take shots of my legs and back but they're really bad looking right now. I think it's been about 3 months since I've started squatting, and right now I'm only up to doing 3 reps x 225lbs. I'm gonna try to even out the underdevelopped parts of my body in the next 3 or 4 months, and I'll take shots of them then.

Sorry about the yellowishness of the pictures. It's cause of the way the lighting was I guess. I tried to fix it up in photoshop but no luck :(.

Here's me in a really cool pose looking all crazy ;)

http://www.neschip.com/vman/DEREK/IMG_0955.jpg

Me with Derek and Kendrick

http://www.neschip.com/vman/DEREK/IMG_0956.jpg

Me without a shirt on (ya I know I got a hairy chest. I'll wax it off later)

http://www.neschip.com/vman/DEREK/IMG_0957.jpg

And here's a shot of my back WITH a shirt on. I didn't want to take the shirt off cause it just looks horrible. Just use your imagination I guess.

http://www.neschip.com/vman/DEREK/IMG_0968.jpg

So ya, that's that. Just post your opinons/comments/suggestions/critism/ect. If you want me to post up the pictures from 245lbs I could do that too, tho they aren't very pretty.

Cheers,
Kaz

Skillz
05-31-2003, 09:33 PM
weaknesses: now i think u should just bulk, not necessarily a weakness, but sumthin to work on, like get sum more mass overall, because you're pretty lean, unless u want to get cut up sum more then start bulkin again

strengths: u hav a real solid base, lean, so ur realy good to work wit right now, arms hav sum decent size, and you can make real good gains from lookin at u...u should post your pics from 245, sounds like from the wnumbers u made drastic improvements

Skillz

kazzy
05-31-2003, 09:52 PM
weaknesses: now i think u should just bulk, not necessarily a weakness, but sumthin to work on, like get sum more mass overall, because you're pretty lean, unless u want to get cut up sum more then start bulkin again

I'm not really into the cutting n' bulking diet scheme. I tried to do it for a while, but I started getting mass pains in my stomach after 2 days of trying to bulk... So I said "Screw this" and went back to eating at the pace I was before. Right now I basically try to eat fruit every 2 hrs, as well as some form of protien every 4hrs (light tuna/protienshake/whatever)

strengths: u hav a real solid base, lean, so ur realy good to work wit right now, arms hav sum decent size, and you can make real good gains from lookin at u...u should post your pics from 245, sounds like from the wnumbers u made drastic improvements

Thanks... I'll try to get those pics up soon. I still have trouble looking at pictures from the past (even my drivers license picture). Speaking of being 245 lbs, I learned from a gym friend that overly obese children have a tendancy to develop a slight case of gyno. I dunno what the deal with me having gyno is, I just think there's some stubborn fatpockets left in the bottom of my chest. I've never really messed around with juice before so I know it can't be from that. I guess I'll have to go see the doctor and get it checked out.

- Kaz

Maki Riddington
06-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Some before pics would show the members what you've accomplished. I remember when you first started working out. No offense Kaz, but ya didn't have much shape. Now you're looking much, much better. All in all, a very impressive transformation imo, and I'm sure the others will agree once you get those pics up.

Hope you stick around.:cool:

GhettoSmurf
06-01-2003, 06:20 AM
looking good at the moment. DO you still have any before pics? i'd love to see the transformation :)

kazzy
06-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Thanks Maki :)

Ok well, here are some before pictures. Hope it doesn't freak you guys out TOO much...

Here's me back in 2001, this was like a year before I started lifting weights and I was a tad over 250 lbs...

Excuse the offensive mustache :D

http://www.neschip.com/vman/Ewww1.jpg

http://www.neschip.com/vman/Ewww2.jpg

Here's me on Canada day 2002. This me after lifting weights for about a month or so I think. I was going through kinda a Lance Bass stage on this one, hence the dorky dyed hair.

- Me getting fresh with a motorcycle cop

http://www.neschip.com/vman/Can%20-%20Shawn%20Kaz%20Police.jpg

- Me eatting some pizza with Shaun

http://www.neschip.com/vman/Can%20-%20Shawn%20Kaz.jpg

Becareful what you wish for ;),
Kaz

Skillz
06-01-2003, 01:04 PM
amazing transformation! good job man, looks like you worked hard, and got the best of results! thas just great

btw, ur friend shaun looks kinda like rick fox, lol

Skillz

Praetorian
06-01-2003, 01:04 PM
hi man, welcome to the forums!

heheh you look good, but as was said, you wouldnt hurt of a little bulk. :) and the transformation is very impressing. how does your routine and diet look like?

kazzy
06-01-2003, 02:42 PM
hi man, welcome to the forums!

heheh you look good, but as was said, you wouldnt hurt of a little bulk. and the transformation is very impressing. how does your routine and diet look like?

Diet is pretty simple. At first I started out by doing the starvation diet + some cardio, but after a while I noticed I was losing strength. After my bench went down from a max of 265lbs to 245lbs, I began to include whey supplement into my diet. Gradually I ate more and more and more. Right now I try to eat some fruit every 2 hrs, and some form of protien every 4 hrs. And I stay away from refined carbs n' fatty foods.

As for my routine, I just recently changed it because I noticed I as overtraining. My old routine would consist of a 7 day/week workout, around 2 hrs a day. I would alternate between 2 days.

Day1

13 sets Chest
12 sets Biceps
3 sets Forearms
4 sets Triceps

Day2

9 sets Legs
9 sets Shoulders
6 sets Abs
10-20 mins light cardio (skipped sometimes)

My new routine is basically 5 days on, 2 days off. I work 1-2 groups a day. Day 1 is chest/triceps (40 sets), Day 2 is back (25 sets), Day 3 is biceps (20 sets), Day 4 is legs(20 sets), and Day 5 is shoulders (20 sets). I sometimes do light jogging or running on the offdays.

- Kaz

ectx
06-01-2003, 03:47 PM
:eek: Impressive transformation. Very well done.

Rock
06-01-2003, 04:58 PM
god damn, you went from Bubba to Tom Cruise

AdamGberg
06-01-2003, 05:09 PM
wow :omg: damn...keep up the goodwork....

kazzy
06-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Hehe... thanks for all the postive feedback. Seems like I get much more of that here than I do on the gotfina forums :p

chris mason
06-01-2003, 06:24 PM
First, you have done a tremendous job. Second, are those stretch marks on your abdomen, or is it just the photo? I am just curious. In any event, it looks like your skin has really bounced back. Again, great job!

RG570
06-01-2003, 06:40 PM
looking very good bro! amazing transformation! but what the hell is with those wrist wraps in the first pic?

kazzy
06-01-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
First, you have done a tremendous job. Second, are those stretch marks on your abdomen, or is it just the photo? I am just curious. In any event, it looks like your skin has really bounced back. Again, great job!

Welp, those are stretch marks on my abdomen... but they aren't just on my abdomen, they're all around... including my back and my chest. They started coming in when I started highschool, and it just got worse and worse after time passed on. They didn't start to whiten until I started losing weight. IMO they don't look too terrible (on my frontside atleast). As for the loose skin, it's not too bad either, when I'm standing up it's not very noticable, when i sit down or crunch my stomach in a downward motion you can kinda notice it tho. I don't mind too much... It's not like I'm planning to goto the beach or anything like that, I like being anti-social :D.

kazzy
06-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by RG570
looking very good bro! amazing transformation! but what the hell is with those wrist wraps in the first pic?

I have an obsession with bareknuckle boxing ;/

SOON... I'll be a TRUE unstoppable monster.

Maki Riddington
06-02-2003, 08:40 AM
What did I tell ya Kaz.:) This board is one of the best!

Herc
06-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Dude!

That's F*king AMAZING! Congradulations. You have gotta feel like a new person.

Great job!

That Rocks!

:thumbup:

kazzy
06-02-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Maki Riddington
What did I tell ya Kaz.:) This board is one of the best!

Yep. This is totally one of the better forums that I've seen. Glad you told me about it when you did, I was missing out on alot :D

- Kaz

kinetixtrainer
06-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Damn impressive bro.....

It shows what this hard work can do.

You say that you dont like the cutting and bulking diets but what did your diet look like while loosing the wieght.

voodazz
06-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Crap. It's like two different people. In a way, I guess it is. Great work!

Tryska
06-02-2003, 03:07 PM
hi. you're cute.

Praetorian
06-02-2003, 03:14 PM
lol T is on the roll tonight!!

Tryska
06-02-2003, 03:17 PM
*lol* as much as y'all like to harass girls when they put up pics, I decided I might as well start harassing guys too.

kazzy
06-02-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by kinetixtrainer
Damn impressive bro.....

It shows what this hard work can do.

You say that you dont like the cutting and bulking diets but what did your diet look like while loosing the wieght.

Thx man.

It was just like, one day I decided to just shed off the weight. I started off with going on a starvation diet... It began with going to subway/timhortons and having 6 inch subs or whatever. I wouldn't eat anything else. Then after awhile I realized that any idiot could lose weight if they ONLY ate 2 sandwiches a day. So I started to supplement whey to maintain whatever muscle I hadn't lost from starving myself and began to eat healthier.

After awhile my weight kinda bottomed out at 185lbs. Mr.Murrey (one of the supervisors at the gym I goto) said that it was unlikely that I was gonna drop anymore weight... but I had a talk with Maki about ECA, and a few weeks or so later I was down to 177lbs.

I sure showed Murrey... :D

SoulOfKoRea
06-02-2003, 08:20 PM
wow that's great man, you look completely different, and yes! there are asian people in those pics! :) :clap:

kazzy
07-03-2003, 01:48 AM
Alright ladies and gentlemen... its been however many days later, and I'm around 168-169 lbs right now. The good news is, I removed the hair before I took pictures this time... the BAD news is that I still haven't gotten a tan yet. What do you people think my bodyfat percentage is in these pics? Also, I was brave enuff to take a backshot also... plz critique it ;/. I think I still have some estrogenic fat deposits left in my lower back and the bottom of my chest.

Excuse the redeye, no matter what I do, due to the wierd color of my eyes... I always get redeye when I get pictures taken. My eyes are different colors depending on the angle on distance ppl are looking at them (yellowish, greenish, blueishgreenish, greyish).

As usual... All comments/suggestions/whatever are welcome.

Here's one of me being a jerk ;/
http://www.neschip.com/vman/NEWDEREK/vman-shirt3-frontjerk.jpg

Here's another of me from the side
http://www.neschip.com/vman/NEWDEREK/vman-shirt1-sideshot1.jpg

AGAIN.. Another of me from the side
http://www.neschip.com/vman/NEWDEREK/vman-shirt2-sideshot2.jpg

Me in a hulk-like pose
http://www.neschip.com/vman/NEWDEREK/vman-noshirt3-hellaripped.jpg

And last is the dreaded back shot
http://www.neschip.com/vman/NEWDEREK/vman-noshirt5-backshot.jpg

Now it's time to go back to listening to my depressing whiteboy music (Three Days Grace owns ;/)...

- Kaz

Tryska
07-03-2003, 08:04 AM
you're still cute. even if you do listen to depressign whiteboy music.

ps - pull your pants up!

i also like your taper.

steveo
07-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Looking pretty lean. Awesome works.
As far BF% goes it's hard to tell with those pictures I would guess about some where around 13%-15%

Behemoth
07-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Looking great man, you look like a completely difference person from the real old pictures.

I'd say you're bodyfat as of current is around 9-11%. The before pics it looks maybe 12-13%. Good work.

kazzy
07-03-2003, 03:05 PM
Don't look as lean as I hoped... looks like I'll need to cut a few more pounds off ;/

Thx for all the nice comments :D

- Kaz

chris mason
07-04-2003, 03:11 PM
I think you need to seriously reconsider what you are now doing. To me it seems like you might be getting a distorted view of yourself. How much more weight do you want to lose? I think now you should attempt to cease the weight loss and try to gain a bit of muscle. That might help you to lose the last bit of fat you wish to lose. You look great now, no need to lose more weight.

Manveet
07-04-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
I think you need to seriously reconsider what you are now doing. To me it seems like you might be getting a distorted view of yourself. How much more weight do you want to lose? I think now you should attempt to cease the weight loss and try to gain a bit of muscle. That might help you to lose the last bit of fat you wish to lose. You look great now, no need to lose more weight.

:withstupi

Your chest definately looks like a strong point. Arms and delts look very lean. Back could use a lot more size, in terms of both thickness and width. Time to bulk up man!

kazzy
07-04-2003, 03:21 PM
Ya huh... I have no ambitions to be overly hyoooooooooge. I want to get more into fighting than bodybuilding. But thanks for the comments, I'll take them into consideration.

chris mason
07-05-2003, 07:41 AM
I can appreciate that, but an emaciated skeleton is not in "fighting" shape.

Franjipani
07-05-2003, 09:35 PM
Whoooooa, your transformation and continued progress is SEN-FRICKIN-SATIONAL !!!:thumbup:.

You look terrific and I can tell by your aura that you are extremely happy:D :D.

Again, well done and I hope you reap all the rewards that come your way....you truly deserve it as you are a wonderful inspiration:angel:

Reinier
07-06-2003, 01:42 AM
Your looking good and i agree with Chris