PDA

View Full Version : Im new!: Loosing Weight & Lifting?

ennui
06-01-2003, 10:28 AM

GhettoSmurf
06-01-2003, 03:08 PM
odds are IMO, if you just cut-out the junk foods, alcohol, soda pop, etc. you will probably lose weight.

if you arnt into counting calories (even though it REALLY helps) then just try cutting out the junk for a couple weeks, and see if you notice any changes.

unshift
06-01-2003, 04:06 PM
if you're looking for something simple to help you trim up, i would suggest counting your portions instead of counting every single calorie. eat 6 smaller meals a day of whole, clean food and you should start doing a lot better. you'll want a general estimate of your caloric intake and maintenance level but once you do the initial math the rest is pretty simple, for a 260lb person trying to lose weight, i would say aim for 2600 cals a day. that means make each meal roughly 400-450 calories (sounds like a lot, but when you're lifting hard, it isn't!)

also you're going to have to lift and do some cardio... you don't want to be a gym rat and all that's fine, but don't be afraid of the place. go in there with a cd player or mp3 player, crank up the volume, and get to work. if you put in an hour to an hour and a half (counting cardio) every day of good honest effort, you'll see results... and you'll probably start looking forward to your workouts :)

good luck!

GhettoSmurf
06-01-2003, 07:52 PM
well supplement-wise for general nutrition, you could always look into a multi-vitamin and some fish oils.

bradley
06-02-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by ennui
thanks again :D what are fishoils for?

They are used to supplement the diet with omega 3 fatty acids, which are usually lacking in most peoples diets.

As far as other supplements a good multi-vitamin would be a good addition as well IMO. I also take added vitamin E (400iu) and Vitamin C (2g).

There is an article on the WBB main page about vitamins which might be of some help as well.
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=50

Tryska
06-10-2003, 11:00 AM
in regards to my breadcrusts, perhaps you'd prefer my biscuits. *lol* what part of the Dirty South are you in?

welcome to the boards!