PDA

View Full Version : @ college w/o cafeteria, what should i buy?

EdgeCrusher
06-01-2003, 09:05 PM
one big restriction (help me if you can): I'm Vegan - so no animal products.

What should I get tomarrow @ the grocery store?

I know: Nat. PB, Whole Wheat Bread, but what else?

heathj
06-01-2003, 10:05 PM
chicken, steak, tuna, turkey, eggs....

I have to ask. Why are you vegan? Do you just hate the thought of thousands of cows being slaughtered and all mixed together?

You can buy any nuts, protein, mrps, protein bars, oatmeal, high protein cereal, fruit, fish oil...uhh...yeah, if you weren't vegan I could give you a list of 100 things.

AdamGberg
06-01-2003, 10:37 PM
oates...close your eyes and pretend the steak is just another plant....
u don't think plants cry? i saw one once...just once...was the one time i took acid...once...jk...

u named the stuff u can eat....protein shakes with water?

TheGimp
06-02-2003, 02:00 AM
From someone who's practically vegan, you've already mentioned the only sandwich filler ;)

As heathj mentioned, nuts (almonds?) and fruit are also good. Some soy milk to drink perhaps (also soy yoghurt), altho you'd probably need to add some kind of flavouring to make it palatable :p or you could mix up a protein shake with soy protein, oats, whatever else you might throw in.

Anything else and it depends just how good your grocery store is. You could use tofu or seitan or some other plant based protein (check they don't use either eggs or milk) either as a sandwich filler or in salad although once again it helps if you can get something with some kind of flavour :) a smoked or marinated variety

Edit: to clarify, this is from a packed lunch perspective as I figured that's what you meant

bradley
06-02-2003, 03:37 AM
beans , nuts, rice, potatoes, veggies, fruit, whiole grain cereal, oats, soy milk, soy protein, tofu, flax seeds/oil, vegan frozen foods (Gardenburger, etc??)