PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Diet on 1-test

JustinASU
06-01-2003, 09:07 PM
In a couple days/weeks I will undergo my first major cut. I am planning on using 1-test to hold onto LBM (and maybe even increase it) while cutting. I need help with my diet for the cut. I think I usually eat in the 3100-3500 calorie range. A typical day for me might go something like:

M1: 5 eggs w/ cheese, 1 cup oats
M2: 9 oz. tuna w/ 2 ww rolls
M3: turkey sammich or chicken with a veggie
M4: Steak or Chicken with a veggie
M5: CoCho with fruit and yogurt

If I'm feelin rich there will be a whey shake or 2 in there somewhere...what do you guys think? What should I change?

bradley
06-02-2003, 02:24 AM
Where would the workout be in relation to your meals? Will you be taking in carbs postworkout?

Might add in a little more fat (healthy sources) and as far as overall calorie intake that will need to be adjusted in small increments until you are losing the desired amount of weight each week.

Depending on your bf% you might consider refeeding as well.

JustinASU
06-02-2003, 06:55 AM
workouts are usually sandwiched b/w meal 3 and 4. Yes I will try to get some dex for postworkout...although I have been low on funds so I may just try to find some high GI carbs. hopefully I'll have some whey also. I suppose I can adjust so I am eating 200 less cals every week but this will be a 4 week run so and the 1-test should hold on to LBM so maybe I should adjust in larger increments, say 400? Whats a good supplement that provides a good amount of healthy fats? My friend mentioned something to me about CLA...If I do refeeds then I should cut out most carbs save pre and post workout correct? and perhaps refeed at the end of the week for 24 hours?? BF is (my guess somewhere around 15-18

bradley
06-02-2003, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by JustinASU
workouts are usually sandwiched b/w meal 3 and 4. Yes I will try to get some dex for postworkout...although I have been low on funds so I may just try to find some high GI carbs.

If you don't want to purchase dextrose then you could go with something like smarties candy which contain primarily dextrose. Although dextrose is usually very cheap, especially if you can find it in your home town.

am eating 200 less cals every week but this will be a 4 week run so and the 1-test should hold on to LBM so maybe I should adjust in larger increments, say 400?

Yeah I understand what you are saying. If you are maintaining at approximately 3100 calories then you could probably go with a more significant decrease in calories due to the 1-test. Maybe about 500 the first week and work down from there.

Whats a good supplement that provides a good amount of healthy fats?

I would recommend some type of fish oil supplement. Most of fish oil supplements are not that expensive. You can either go with the cod liver oil that you have to measure out using a tablespoon/teaspoon or a supplement that comes in 1g caps (I believe you can also get 2 and 2.5g caps as well).

My friend mentioned something to me about CLA...

Since you were saying that money is tight I would not worry about CLA because the effective dosage is so high and it is rather expensive.

If I do refeeds then I should cut out most carbs save pre and post workout correct? and perhaps refeed at the end of the week for 24 hours?? BF is (my guess somewhere around 15-18 [/B]

You would probably benefit from having a refeed especially if you plan on cutting calories down pretty low. From what I have read two of the main factors for refeeds would be bf% and degree of calorie deficit that you are creating with your diet and training. The amount of carbs is as important of an issue. You could probably get away with not having a refeed the first week and incorporating one the following week since you sound as though you are right around the 15% mark. This thread might help. Best of luck and hope to hear a report of your progress with the 1-test:)

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27330&highlight=refeed

JustinASU
06-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks brad, the response helped greatly. Hopefully I'll have some before/after shots! :D