PDA

View Full Version : Coversion time: Fat===>Muscle

Fenbay
06-02-2003, 08:05 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I definitely fall squarely into the "starting with a very high BF%" so I'm not saying this is possible at sub 10% BF etc. But I have GAINED MUSCLE while LOSING FAT.

I started around 30% BF 6 months ago. I went from 300+ to 280 pretty quickly when I started cutting, then I started vascilating between losing/gaining weight even while eating cleanly <except on the weekends>. I hovered around 275-285.

I just checked my BF% again at 285 with calipers and I'm down to 20% and change.

I've gained significantly on every lift as well. My bench has gone up around 100llbs in those 6 months, and I also got one of my long time goals of being able to bench my bodyweight ten times. <at 285>

MY current goals:

1) Eat clean even on weekends. This has been my bane thus far. I have given myself cheat days on the weekend which turn into cheat weekends. It's easy with a pregnant wife at home. No more!

2) Bench press 455 <currently 405>
3) Squat 500 <currently ~450 although not true paralell>

4) This is my long-term goal. Weigh between 240-250 at 10-12% bodyfat. <Currently 285 @ 20% BF>

I'm going to also post my sample week-day diet and see what you guys think of that. After a little tweeking I plan to adpot a similiar weekend diet as well.

WillKuenzel
06-02-2003, 09:29 AM
You sounds like a big dude! Damn strong too!

Good luck with your goals and keep posting in your journal and you'll see the results.

GhettoSmurf
06-02-2003, 10:30 AM
great job on the weight loss so far. and good luck with your goals. 240-250 @ 10% you would look like a monster!!

Fenbay
06-02-2003, 12:19 PM
Typical diet:

M1: Banana and supps <I have 0.0 appetite in the morning>
M2: WW bread turkey sandwich & half a cup of peanuts
M3: Same as meal 2 but I take my 2nd dose of supps with it.
M4: PWO shake 100% Whey/Dextrose & Creatine Fizz Fuel
M5: Grilled steak and salad <varies a lot and shouldn't>

Supplements:
R-ALA
ECA Stack
1200 mg Calcium
Multi-Vitamin
Whey
Creatine

Currently on my last week of a 5 week 1-AD cycle. Will take 6-OXO post cycle. Good results from this strength wise and seem to be more vascular. Due to poor diet I didn't take advantage of the cut like I should have. I may try another cycle in a couple months, but plan to see how I do without it.

I think the calories are somewhat low, but I also think I have been cursed with the slowest metabolism on the planet. For now I am concentrating on getting enough protein and keeping the carbs low. As stated in my first post the weekends have been killing me though.

galileo
06-02-2003, 12:55 PM
I don't think you're eating enough for your size. Your food selections aren't bad, but you weigh 285, so to cut I'd suggest between 2900-3400 calories.

Fenbay
06-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Well, time to adjust my bench goal. Bahahahahah!

I couldn't believe it. Tonight I got 405 with ease. I did 385 which was last week's max and I was amazed how easily it went up so I figured wtf and put 405 on. Nailed it, and the weight was controlled all the way. No bounce crap.

That's a 50 llb bench gain in 3 weeks. Hmm does 1-AD work? Methinks yes. My workout partner was floored. He maxxes at 405 also, but really struggles with it. I'm seriously feeling like my bench can continue to progress nicely too which is a neat feeling.

Just downed my PWO shake: scoop of 100% whey and half a scoop of gatorade powder for the dextrose. Gonna go eat some whole food protein to cap the night off. Had to post cause I'm so excited about this lift !

Fenbay
06-03-2003, 06:55 AM
Feelingly mild DOM's after last night's chest/tri/bi routine. My partner decided to try something different so we did failure routine where we incrementally dropped the weight after doing as many reps as possible. I think it was a good shock to the muscles as something different. We started with 315 for reps and ended with 135 with zero rest in between sets. Never knew 135 could feel so heavy.

Sleep sucked last night. I'm not sure I ever actually fell asleep. I think part of it was being too excited from my bench max. Tonight I plan on getting a very early start on bed so I can sleep away while my body erects some more muscle fibers.

Fenbay
06-04-2003, 04:18 PM
Got a decent back workout today. Did 15 minutes cardio before I started my workout.

1) T-bar 10x90, 8x135, 6x175, 4x215
2) DB rows 4 sets of 8x90
3) Lat pull down 4 x150
4) Cable row 4X200

Diet has been no existant today. No appetite and I was off work so I slept in a bit. Ate a banana for breakfast, along with a scoop of whey protein. Ate a piece of cheese for lunch. Had a muscle builder smoothie for pwo shake. Whey+15g or so of carbs and they throw some strawberries and banana in there. Dinner is still up in the air depending on what the Mrs. wants. I'll look for more protein whatever we do.

Tomorrow I'm going to try my first chest routine using the explosive 3 rep/one breath at about 60% of my max for 5 sets type routine. Everything will be explosive in nature tomorrow. Unless I'm feeling ultra strong on warm up and I might have to try and outdo my partner by getting 410 once on flat BB. But then the above routine will still be ok.

Fenbay
06-06-2003, 07:11 AM
Last night's routine was pretty good. We still went a little too heavy. I've been brain washed into it! We did flat with low reps 5 sets up to about 365 for 2 and for the heck of it did a single 375 for 1 afterwards. Then the fun began. We did 5 sets of 315 on decline for 3 reps each. We finished all 5 sets in 4 minutes time. The last rep was pure hell. Did some hammer strength machines and shoulders then hit tri's. I still want to work on some explosive lower weight reps, but it didn't feel "right" bah.

Diet has been great in terms of no junk, diet has been utter crap in terms of not getting enough calories. My protein has still been good though.

Fenbay
06-09-2003, 12:53 PM
Took the weekend off all together from lifting. Got a lot of much needed sleep. My left arm has been aching like a double wicked werwolf so I am considering taking tonight off as well and not lifting again until Thursday, but I am torn between a little pain and not lifting. Might just lift and down an anti-inflamatory afterwards. Decisions decisions.

Diet was kinda weak still this weekend. Wasn't paricularly bad though. I did have a "carb-up" last night eating pasta and garlic bread. Week-day = back to the diet grind though.

Great chest/tris workout tonight despite my arm aching like hell. I got 315 flat bench for 10 reps. Another first for me. Arm actually feels good after the workout although it hurt pretty good during the lifts. Not sure what it was, but feels better now.

Diet was weak: 1 cup watermelon breakfast
15 wings lunch
1 chicken parmigian breast dinner
PWO shake with pwd gatorade and 100% whey